* * * * - 1 votes

CAGcast #553: Presented In Dolby Vision

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17669 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

The gang gets hyped for LI Retro, talks phones for kids, Ring Alarm, Tempest 4000, Arcade1up Cabinets, and so much more!
Download (1 hr 8 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Hello Fresh! For $30 off your first week of HelloFresh, visit hellofresh.com/cagcast30 and enter cagcast30!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Big Boi - Kryptonite (Dr. Fresch x Tendra Remix)
Outro - Atari Jaguar Tempest 2000 TV Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

#2 GOTA   I'm.... CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

You want feedback Cheapy?  Finish Far Cry 5 so you and Wombat can have a spoiler review and discuss the ending.  From what you described you're only about an hour away.  That ending needs to be talked about

#3 bickle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

“In this world, Earth is the world”
“I’ve heard of it.”

Lol

#4 guju900   flash CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

• Why don't you guys talk about Fortnite and the frenzy around that?
  • Are you guys planning to do any t-shirts, mugs, generic brand material?
  • Cheapy is this still a full-time job for you? Can you tell us how much traffic you get on the website & downloads per month for the postcast? 
  • I'm a long time silent listener and miss the frequent giveaways you guys had.

Random questions

• Cheapy, what do you miss most about Japan?
  • Do all you guys have Amazon Echo?
  • Shipreck - any trips to St. Louis for your Day-time job?
  • Wombat, what are your thoughts on Seinfeld stiffing Massapequa high school on committed funds

#5 Curufinwe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1056 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Tai’s probably too young to be interested in watching Terrace House on Netflix, but maybe in a few years it would be a good Japanese language show for him to get into.

#6 marcand   Boop beep. CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

$30 for Tempest 4000? Wow. Crappy price point. I'll play some TxK on my Vita instead. Sheesh.

Arcade1Up thoughts: 

1. Hope they did their research on how many units they should ship. Ship's comment "wait until they go on clearance" is a strong warning.

2. The Final Fight cab will probably be a dud. I bet the Centipede will be the big seller.

3. Cheapy's "20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond" is THE deal for this. $320 would be a steal.

#7 partime20XX  

partime20XX

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:03 AM

Wow, that Roshomon and Seven Samurai recommendation...Ha!  They're great, but I don't even ask adults to watch those movies.

Any thoughts on a "deal of the week" segment where you each bring a game you think is a good buy?  @videogamedeals does a great job, but I sometimes wonder what catches your eyes.

#8 blueArcana   Too fast for freedom CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Cheapy should check out the Foreign language DVD section at his library, they have a big Japanese section with lots of anime and other types of movies.

#9 kuruption84  

kuruption84

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

I tend to agree with Cheapy on the cable. I work for a Cable/Satellite provider so my service is basically is free and I still don't watch. There's nothing there especially when you add commercials to it. It's an on demand world, streaming is the way to go. 

#10 apathylad   NeoCAG CAGiversary!   665 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:02 AM

I've been watching My Hero Academia as well. I'm curious what other recommendations you've gotten. You should go with One Punch Man at some point. 

#11 skubish   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   908 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:00 PM

What does Cheapy think of the new comic Robocop: Citizen’s Arrest? I think it has a good plot that could be used for a movie.

My Anime recommendations
Black Clover
One Punch Man
Space Patrol Luluco
Kuromukuro (Netflix only)

#12 MySaturdaySelf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

MySaturdaySelf

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

weird dreams, dollar store visits, phones for children and Harry Potter movies

I start to believe CAG cast stands for Certain Age Gamer cast now.

Still I listen to you guys every week. Cheers.