* - - - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 7/15-7/21: Madden Trade-In promo returns

#31 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10001 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:33 AM

Since nobody answered in the coinstar thread, does anybody in here know if the gift card code will expire end of day today or end of tomorrow?

Thinking about using it on the Madden 18 sale. TIA

#32 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1055 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

I miss Best Buy's surprise sales. Ever since they discontinued GCU there have been less good gaming sales than ever before.

#33 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:54 AM

So, I should buy Madden 18. Preorder 19, then trade in 18 later to get the preorder $10, + $10 coupon + trade credit?

#34 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:33 AM

I miss waiting for glitches

#35 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3191 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

I miss waiting for glitches

They are out there, they just require the right game combination to work.

#36 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Out of curiosity, does the coupon require that you trade and buy the same console version of madden?

In other words, can I buy the X1 copy of Madden 18 and trade it for a coupon that works towards the ps4 version of Madden 19?

#37 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

Out of curiosity, does the coupon require that you trade and buy the same console version of madden?

In other words, can I buy the X1 copy of Madden 18 and trade it for a coupon that works towards the ps4 version of Madden 19?

It has not had a system restriction in the past.

#38 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2361 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Ni no Kuni 2 is on sale for $30

#39 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

It has not had a system restriction in the past.

Thank you!

#40 Xer07   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

Ni no kuni 2 for $24 after gcu.. worth it? Or should wait when it hits $16/$20?

#41 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Ni no kuni 2 for $24 after gcu.. worth it? Or should wait when it hits $16/$20?

My exact question too. I didn't play the first Ni No Kuni, but the 2nd is supposed to be amazing. I like to typically wait until one more price drop to the level you mentioned but I'm guessing that won't happen until BF for NNK2.

#42 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6523 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

NNK2 is a competent game that has fun moments and addictive aspects, but is otherwise entirely forgettable. I could pick it up and play for a few hours without issue, but never felt a draw to get back to it either.

#43 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

So there is a 2-Day sale starting tonight but the only gaming item out of the 600+ skus on sale is Ark for $39.99 ($20 off). :???:

#44 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5301 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:22 PM

Thank you Tyrok for the info. So there you have it folks, BB's response to Prime Day. Hopefully there's some good deals on 4K tv's.

#45 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3294 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

So there is a 2-Day sale starting tonight but the only gaming item out of the 600+ skus on sale is Ark for $39.99 ($20 off). :???:

Disappointed!!! But not surprised lol

#46 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16902 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:29 AM

So, I should buy Madden 18. Preorder 19, then trade in 18 later to get the preorder $10, + $10 coupon + trade credit?

That might be the easiest way to do it (unless I'm not thinking of something). Last year, I'm pretty sure I was able to trade in 17 and get the coupon and trade credit, while also putting $5 on the preorder at the same time. But it confused the hell out of them...and they tried doing something like using my coupon for the preorder and I had to stop them.

Also not sure how they'd feel about you picking up 18, opening it right in front of them, and then being like "I'd like to trade this in."  :lol:

#47 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:06 AM

This is a terrible sale for the most part, unless they plan to add stuff when prime day starts. Ugh

#48 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2857 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

Love this Madden deal, this will be the 3rd year in a row doing it.  Coupon plus GCU and $10 preorder, great deal, now all I need is the DOTD price like last year!

Edit-Went in today, took a few minutes because every year this never works right, but in the end should look like this.

$47 (GCU)

$10 RZ from preorder

$10 coupon

$12 from Madden trade

------------------------

So paying around $15 is great for new release of Madden 19

#49 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

That might be the easiest way to do it (unless I'm not thinking of something). Last year, I'm pretty sure I was able to trade in 17 and get the coupon and trade credit, while also putting $5 on the preorder at the same time. But it confused the hell out of them...and they tried doing something like using my coupon for the preorder and I had to stop them.

Also not sure how they'd feel about you picking up 18, opening it right in front of them, and then being like "I'd like to trade this in."  :lol:

Well, today I picked up 18. And did an instore preorder for 19.

My plan is to to play 18, then trade it in week or so to get the coupon+credit. I can apply the coupon when I pick up 19 right? 

#50 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

I received an email for Best sale days.. crash bandicoot and resident evil are listed so something will happen this week

#51 audiomaxica1  

audiomaxica1

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

My plan is to to play 18, then trade it in week or so to get the coupon+credit. I can apply the coupon when I pick up 19 right?

I remember last year some guy got frustrated when they wouldn’t take the coupon right away, since the coupon can’t be used until a week or two before release.

Promotion typically runs two weeks but just in case I would prepare to trade in by Saturday if the new ad doesn’t continue the deal.

Will need someone to verify what days coupon is valid for.

Also, I don’t think there is a guaranteed trade in value. Previous years they would guarantee $10 or $15. Potentially it could drop by next week.

#52 VintageSTX  

VintageSTX

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

Oh well, thanks for the heads up, Tyrok.  Interesting that they don't advertise it as BF in July. Maybe it will still come next week.

I received an email for Best sale days.. crash bandicoot and resident evil are listed so something will happen this week

I got the email about the sale, but I didn't see those games anywhere. Where did you see them listed?

#53 x352x pH  

x352x pH

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

I remember last year some guy got frustrated when they wouldn’t take the coupon right away, since the coupon can’t be used until a week or two before release.

Promotion typically runs two weeks but just in case I would prepare to trade in by Saturday if the new ad doesn’t continue the deal.

Will need someone to verify what days coupon is valid for.

Also, I don’t think there is a guaranteed trade in value. Previous years they would guarantee $10 or $15. Potentially it could drop by next week.

From current promotions on their site:

"Offer valid in store only. Trade in Madden 18 on Xbox One or PS4 and get a $10 coupon toward Madden 19 plus a gift card for the trade in value. Trade in values vary. Coupon delivered for trade ins from 07/15/18-08/09/17. Coupon valid in stores only through 08/19/18. Trade-In payment is by Best Buy gift card. Not compatible with any other offer. Not available in all locations. Participating stores may have additional requirements. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or limit quantities. Tax is calculated from the regular price prior to the gift card value being applied to the bill. Limit 1 coupon per transaction."

#54 allstar45   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Oh well, thanks for the heads up, Tyrok.  Interesting that they don't advertise it as BF in July. Maybe it will still come next week.
I got the email about the sale, but I didn't see those games anywhere. Where did you see them listed?

It was on the base of the email. It says shop great games for PS4. Mirrors edge is also there

#55 knothead65  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:22 AM

From current promotions on their site:

"Offer valid in store only. Trade in Madden 18 on Xbox One or PS4 and get a $10 coupon toward Madden 19 plus a gift card for the trade in value. Trade in values vary. Coupon delivered for trade ins from 07/15/18-08/09/17. Coupon valid in stores only through 08/19/18. Trade-In payment is by Best Buy gift card. Not compatible with any other offer. Not available in all locations. Participating stores may have additional requirements. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or limit quantities. Tax is calculated from the regular price prior to the gift card value being applied to the bill. Limit 1 coupon per transaction."

So I take it the coupon comes in an email since it says "delivered"? I haven't done this Madden offer in a few years, but last time I did the coupon was printed right when I traded the old Madden in. Has anyone tried the trade in yet?

#56 dieselsoccer  

dieselsoccer

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

So I take it the coupon comes in an email since it says "delivered"? I haven't done this Madden offer in a few years, but last time I did the coupon was printed right when I traded the old Madden in. Has anyone tried the trade in yet?

It prints out

#57 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

Same as every other year.  Coupon prints out at register.  You use it when you buy your pre-order.

Only difference this year is the value of the trade-in isn't a rounded, guaranteed number like $15 or $20.  It's a bit less with the current trade value.

#58 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:36 PM

Bought the x1 version from Best Buy for like $12 on Sunday, then today they gave me $12 in credit and the $10 coupon... can’t complain.

#59 Gamerxx13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Gamerxx13

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

annoying thing is that i went to bb yesterday. the person at customer service had no idea what madden was or what the offer was. even after showing her the offer from my phone she still had to call in a manager and it took over a hour to figure it out.

#60 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6539 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

annoying thing is that i went to bb yesterday. the person at customer service had no idea what madden was or what the offer was. even after showing her the offer from my phone she still had to call in a manager and it took over a hour to figure it out.

You don't have to mention a peep - just trade in the game normally and the POS will handle everything.