Microsoft Rewards Breakdown

Dartheyeball

CAG Newbie
Breaking down the Xbox related rewards available through Microsoft Rewards (Updated 05/09/20)

Xbox Gift Cards

Level 1

$1.25 - 1,700 Points ($1 per 1,360 Points)

$3.00 - 3,100 Points ($1 per 1,033.33 Points)

$5.00 - 5,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$10.00 - 10,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$25.00 - 25,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$50.00 - 50,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

$100.00 - 100,000 Points ($1 per 1,000 Points)

Level 2

$1.25 - 1,600 Points ($1 per 1,280 Points)

$3.00 - 2,900 Points ($1 per 966.66 Points)

$5.00 - 4,650 Points ($1 per 930 Points)

$10.00 - 9,300 Points ($1 per 930 Points)

$25.00 - 23,000 Points ($1 per 920 Points)

$50.00 - 46,000 Points ($1 per 920 Points)

$100.00 - 91,000 Points ($1 per 910 Points)

Xbox Live Gold Membership

Level 1

1 Month ($9.99 Retail) - 9,500 Points ($1 per 950 Points)

3 Months ($24.99 Retail) - 24,000 Points ($1 per 960 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($9.99 Retail) - 8,500 Points ($1 per 850 Points)

3 Months ($24.99 Retail) - 20,000 Points ($1 per 800 Points)

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Level 1

1 Month ($14.99 Retail) - 14,000 Points ($1 per 933.96 Points)

3 Months ($44.97 Retail) - 42,000 Points ($1 per 933.96 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($14.99 Retail) - 12,000 Points ($1 per 800.53 Points)

3 Months ($44.97 Retail) - 35,000 Points ($1 per 778.30 Points)

Skype Credit

Level 1

60 Minutes ($1.86 Retail) - 1,000 Points ($1 per 537.63 Points)

100 Minutes ($2.97 Retail) - 1,250 Points ($1 per 420.88 Points)

500 Minutes ($13.94 Retail) - 4,750 Points ($1 per 340.75 Points)

Level 2

60 Minutes ($1.86 Retail) - 900 Points ($1 per 483.87 Points)

100 Minutes ($2.97 Retail) - 1,150 Points ($1 per 387.21 Points)

500 Minutes ($13.94 Retail) - 4,250 Points ($1 per 304.88 Points)

Mixer Channel Sub

Level 1

1 Month ($4.99 Retail) - 3,850 Points ($1 per 771.54 Points)

Level 2

1 Month ($4.99 Retail) - 3,600 Points ($1 per 721.44 Points)

Retail Gift Cards

$5.00 Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 5,250 Points  ($1 per 1,050 points)

$10.00 Retail Gift Cards (Amazon, Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, AMC Theatres, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Regal Entertainment, NFL Shop, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 10,500 Points ($1 per 1,050 points)

$25.00 Retail Gift Cards (Dunkin' Donuts, Taco Bell, Starbucks, AMC Theatres, Burger King, Chipotle, Target, Walmart, Regal Entertainment, NFL Shop, Domino's Pizza, REI, Sephora) - 26,250 Points ($1 per 1,050 points)

Hulu Gift Card

$25.00 - 28,000 Points ($1 per 1,120 points)

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/redeem/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, OP. I wish the rewards site would do something like this, since that's where I can see my points balance.

I recently cashed out my Bing rewards (before things changed re: Microsoft Rewards) and got 2 years of Xbox Live Gold Membership. Restarted saving up again for another year soon (as you can have 3 yrs stored). 

I was late to the party by about 10 years. I started about a year ago and in the mean time i've scored several games for free and yesterday I had enough points to purchase 1 year FREE of XBL Gold. MS was running a special which allowed you to buy 12 months of XBL Gold for 24,000 points instead of 29,000 pts.

Racking up the points is pretty easy too. If you have Windows 10 go to https://microsoft.com/rewards and sign in to your Microsoft rewards account with the Microsoft Edge browser. From there you'll see give me points each day and if you do searches from within the Edge browser you get 170 points each day. Then download the Bing Search app on either Android or iOS and do searches from within the app and you'll get another 100 pts each day.

I usually rack up about 9,500 pts each month. Sometimes even more and this really only takes me around 5 minutes each day to achieve. The worst part is that about 10 years ago when MS started the Bing program they were giving people about 5x the points each day for doing searches with Bing. 

Anyways, if anyone has any questions they want answered let me know and i'll try and answer them for you. But yeah, there's no reason to ever pay for XBL Gold again, not when you can get it for free with so little effort.

I was late to the party by about 10 years. I started about a year ago and in the mean time i've scored several games for free and yesterday I had enough points to purchase 1 year FREE of XBL Gold. MS was running a special which allowed you to buy 12 months of XBL Gold for 24,000 points instead of 29,000 pts.

Racking up the points is pretty easy too. If you have Windows 10 go to https://microsoft.com/rewards and sign in to your Microsoft rewards account with the Microsoft Edge browser. From there you'll see give me points each day and if you do searches from within the Edge browser you get 170 points each day. Then download the Bing Search app on either Android or iOS and do searches from within the app and you'll get another 100 pts each day.

I usually rack up about 9,500 pts each month. Sometimes even more and this really only takes me around 5 minutes each day to achieve. The worst part is that about 10 years ago when MS started the Bing program they were giving people about 5x the points each day for doing searches with Bing.

Anyways, if anyone has any questions they want answered let me know and i'll try and answer them for you. But yeah, there's no reason to ever pay for XBL Gold again, not when you can get it for free with so little effort.
Question: can you claim XBL Gold games if you don't own an Xbox?

Question: can you claim XBL Gold games if you don't own an Xbox?
I've always used my XONE to claim my games but I suppose if you went to xbox.com and signed in with your account you might be able to claim your game. Tbh, i've never tried that.

But an FYI, MS recently started dumping claimed rewards i.e. points towards purchase straight into your account. Before they would send you an email with your gift card code to redeem. I think they caught on that many were racking up serious points with SEVERAL accounts then cashing in their codes on one account.

I forgot to mention that these rewards points work on the Windows 10 side. Some of the games MS sells are now play anywhere so you have access to it on the Xbox and Windows side.

There is an Edge app for iOS (and android I believe) that will earn you the 20 bonus points for using Edge.

It also does desktop mode, so you can do all your searches in one app to get both desktop and mobile searches.

I've always used my XONE to claim my games but I suppose if you went to xbox.com and signed in with your account you might be able to claim your game. Tbh, i've never tried that.

But an FYI, MS recently started dumping claimed rewards i.e. points towards purchase straight into your account. Before they would send you an email with your gift card code to redeem. I think they caught on that many were racking up serious points with SEVERAL accounts then cashing in their codes on one account.
Yes, you can claim your games from the website and Your Home console will automatically download them the next time you log in.

At level 2 

PC Bing Seaches 150 Points (30 Searches)

Microsoft Edge Bonus 20 Points (4 Searches)

Mobile Searches 100 Points (20 Searches)

Daily Set ~ 50 Points

Estimated 320 points a day.

There is an Edge app for iOS (and android I believe) that will earn you the 20 bonus points for using Edge.

It also does desktop mode, so you can do all your searches in one app to get both desktop and mobile searches.
Browsing Bing on Xbox One will also net you the 20 Edge points.

The Microsoft rewards app on the Xbox one console nets you an approximate 10 pts. per day as well. Not much but it's there, and increases your daily cap for point hungry people like myself.

I'm a bit of an Xbox n00b, so I have a few questions if anyone could please answer them.

1. Is there any real difference between the "Microsoft Gift Card" and "Xbox Gift Card" rewards?

2. Is the Xbox Live Gold reward any different than a sub that was paid for with money? I noticed the fine print reads "On Xbox 360, Games with Gold offer for paid Gold members only." Does that mean Games with Gold isn't included with this reward sub?

3. If your Gold sub expires, can you still access the games you got from Games with Gold?

As a Bing Rewards member for over 6 years, let me tell me if you that if you do it right you can get a lot of points fairly quickly. Here are some tips to get the most bang for your buck:

* Use Bing as your default search engine. You get extra points this way, and they add up fast. Making Chrome your main browser (I do this on my phone) gets you some more additional daily points as well.

* Go to your Bing rewards page every day and do the "Daily Set." I have an alarm set-up in my phone, because I would often forget on the weekends, and it has been a lifesaver. The more of these you do, the more extra points you get, as well as streak bonuses. First bonus is 35 extra points, next is 75, and so on. They literally take maybe 2 minutes of your time, so it's totally worth it.

* Only use your points on gift cards when they are on sale. You get the most bang for your buck, and it is worth the wait.

*If you are looking for Xbox credit, don't forget that you have two options: the Xbox GC's and the Microsoft GC's. Typically, one of these will be on sale every couple of months or so, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

*Don't waste too many points on the contests and flip card games. Your odds of winning are super low, and essentially it's just a way for them to get you to waste your points.

*Make sure to check your e-mail that is connected to the account! Microsoft rewards will e-mail you once to a couple times a week with offers to get more points and/or free entries to contests. Typically, each e-mail will have around 50 points for you, and all you have to do is click on a few links and maybe take a short quiz. 

*If you do all of the above, you will be able to stay at Level 2 of the rewards program with no problem whatsoever, so you will get the additional discount automatically.

EDIT:

*Also, don't forget that the credit is considered promotional, so it expires after a couple of months. Microsoft e-mails you a couple of times to remind you, but it is smart to use it ASAP if you can, just so you don't forget.

Hope that helps, welcome everybody to Microsoft Rewards!

I'm a bit of an Xbox n00b, so I have a few questions if anyone could please answer them.

1. Is there any real difference between the "Microsoft Gift Card" and "Xbox Gift Card" rewards?

2. Is the Xbox Live Gold reward any different than a sub that was paid for with money? I noticed the fine print reads "On Xbox 360, Games with Gold offer for paid Gold members only." Does that mean Games with Gold isn't included with this reward sub?

3. If your Gold sub expires, can you still access the games you got from Games with Gold?
1. Microsoft Gift card is if you're shopping at Microsoft.com or Store for laptops and Surface tablets. Xbox gift card is for as you'd guess Xbox One/360 related things like DLC, Games, avatar junk. The terms are used interchangeably and is confusing.

2. Not sure about this one. The points you get from Gold rewards will be from purchases you make and just is deposited into your Microsoft points account. Yes you must have Xbox gold subscription to reap gold.

3. from what I've read you do not keep the Xbox One free games, BUT you do get to keep 360 games which are almost always Backward compatible and downloadable on the Xbox one. By keep that of course means access to play them offline. As soon as you activate Gold you can play the free Xbox One games. If you prowl CAG enough for deals you pay like $40 bucks for a year of Gold or save lots of bing points and never pay it's a good deal to cash it in on a year of Gold. 4 games a month that are like $15 bucks a piece for 12 months is ok.

IMO most of the best GWG games have been 360 anyway - Dead Space, Sonic Racing, Army of Two for example and they're worth being able to play one a silver membership.

There's no difference between the Microsoft and Xbox gift cards other than branding. Both can be used on Xbox or the online store.

About twice a year Xbox Live goes on sale for either 21k or 24k point for a year.

Last year a year of gamerpass went on sale for 21k also.  (around christmas time).

Never redeem for those unless they are on discount.

About twice a year Xbox Live goes on sale for either 21k or 24k point for a year.

Last year a year of gamerpass went on sale for 21k also. (around christmas time).

Never redeem for those unless they are on discount.
On that topic, don’t redeem to renew until its close to the expiration. A sale could pop up in that overlapping time. For example, I have Game Pass set through mid September, closing in on enough points for another 3 months. I won’t redeem points until it’s a day or two before my subscription ends.

The problem is with GamePass still being new and them getting rid of 1-year and 6-month options, it's likely a good idea to redeem for 3-month codes when you can in case things change again.

Is it better than Swagbucks?

1. Microsoft Gift card is if you're shopping at Microsoft.com or Store for laptops and Surface tablets. Xbox gift card is for as you'd guess Xbox One/360 related things like DLC, Games, avatar junk. The terms are used interchangeably and is confusing.
2. Not sure about this one. The points you get from Gold rewards will be from purchases you make and just is deposited into your Microsoft points account. Yes you must have Xbox gold subscription to reap gold.
3. from what I've read you do not keep the Xbox One free games, BUT you do get to keep 360 games which are almost always Backward compatible and downloadable on the Xbox one. By keep that of course means access to play them offline. As soon as you activate Gold you can play the free Xbox One games. If you prowl CAG enough for deals you pay like $40 bucks for a year of Gold or save lots of bing points and never pay it's a good deal to cash it in on a year of Gold. 4 games a month that are like $15 bucks a piece for 12 months is ok.

IMO most of the best GWG games have been 360 anyway - Dead Space, Sonic Racing, Army of Two for example and they're worth being able to play one a silver membership.
Regarding 1: Incorrect. They both give you credit that can be used either on the microsoft store on hardware, etc.or digital wares. So, yes, they are interchangeable.

Looks like my account has been unbanned. Got to refrain from searching for "1234567890" in the future :lol:
I just Bing search something general like movies or even the news feed and just click or tap until I have enough points. They're none the wiser.

Google is a much better search tool at the end of the day, but it won't get you free stuff.

$5 / $10 / $25 xbox gift cards are 25% off, not sure if it's worth while(?)

Usually 25,000 points, we’re taking 25 percent off for a limited time or while supplies last. Redeem this Hot Deal before 09/15/2018 for just 18,750 points!

Restrictions:

*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit. 

I grabbed a $10 deposit the other day. The Hot Deals on Microsoft credit aren't nearly as good as they used to be, but they don't seem to happen as often either. They keep offering deals on stupid crap like Skype time. I'd say cash out if there is something that you'll want to buy right away.

The best thing is to wait to redeem the microsoft hot deal the last week of the promo, unless you are going to spend it right away. Since you only have 90 days to spend the credit , might as well try to stretch your time to use it.

$5 / $10 / $25 xbox gift cards are 25% off, not sure if it's worth while(?)

Usually 25,000 points, we’re taking 25 percent off for a limited time or while supplies last. Redeem this Hot Deal before 09/15/2018 for just 18,750 points!

Restrictions:

*Promotional gift card. Spend within 90 days of deposit.
sweet thanks, had been saving up for the $25, but this works.

5 minutes of searching every day for no reason on fake google for three straight months (7.5 hours total) to earn a $40 Xbox membership. Minimum wage is like $7 right so $49+ earned in that time.

5 minutes of searching every day for no reason on fake google for three straight months (7.5 hours total) to earn a $40 Xbox membership. Minimum wage is like $7 right so $49+ earned in that time.
If you search while pooping at work though....

That's why I do it at work. Double dip

It's not worth it imo. I'm cheap but not cheap enough to waste that much time for essentially nothing lol.

Yeah, but when someone pays you a minimum wage you’re doing work that benefits them. When you’re searching on fake Google to earn Microsoft points you’re for the most part just benefiting yourself. So it’s an odd comparison to the minimum wage.

It's not worth it imo. I'm cheap but not cheap enough to waste that much time for essentially nothing lol.
So you'd rather spend your time trying to find XBL Gold or Gift Card deals either on CAG or anyone of the sites that resell keys? I'd bet that return on investment is much higher just spending 5 minutes each day raking up the MS Rewards points. I have several free games including free XBL Gold 12 month membership, all free.

I'll tell you what next i'll sell you one of my free XBL Gold codes codes for $44, which beats CDKeys.

No, has to be a browser but edge gives you a few more, and if you have a windows phone you can get another 100 a day.
Isn't it another 100 points for just searching on a mobile device? (currently using Android) Or are you saying there's a different category for 100 points when using a Windows phone?

I remember a couple months ago they gave an extra 100pts for using their M$ launcher, but when it stopped giving me points, I uninstalled it.

bread's done
Back