* * * * - 12 votes

Text "lkwkgk" to 827438 and get $20 off $50+ purchase at Target

#331 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11388 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

Decided to use my $20 off $50 code on a couple of cheaper priced Switch games.  Will save my 15% off codes for non gaming website orders or trips to the store.  I have to wonder if these coupons are like some prior Target coupons that can be used once on a web order and once on an in store order.  Guess I will be trying that eventually lol.

#332 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

That's how it went with the last glitch

Okay well that doesn't make any sense but I've had nothing but great experiences with Target customer service so I'll just call them if they do in fact cancel my order and say the gift cards are now invalid.

#333 SPORK94  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

Oh well I could use more nintendo games. Wonder if the octo expansion works.

#334 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2209 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

Okay well that doesn't make any sense but I've had nothing but great experiences with Target customer service so I'll just call them if they do in fact cancel my order and say the gift cards are now invalid.

Working at Amazon made me realize that big retail companies never make any sense, but that's how it went last time and the majority of people got them fixed, but they had to grind teeth and nail for them.

#335 Flo25  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

The perks of a Target that's still open, nice job!

I just don't know if Target can retroactively charge you the full price if they start taking back orders.

No, it was a huge argument back in November in this thread.

I was never charged for the items I picked up in this toys r us glitch

https://www.cheapass...on-video-games/

#336 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Working at Amazon made me realize that big retail companies never make any sense, but that's how it went last time and the majority of people got them fixed, but they had to grind teeth and nail for them.

I have no problem with that.  I have also been able to compromise too if errors were made. If it's like $5, big deal but $50 would be too much to ignore.

#337 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11220 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Would these coupons work on clearance items? I don't see any specific thing saying they wouldnt. If so they could really still come in handy provided they don't all get nuked/cancelled.

#338 Flo25  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

I know its dead now, but on a side note.  This happened to a couple of my codes.

using a burner phone numbers I have gotten

multiple codes with just 1 letter changed

7LN3YNHYF3CH2ATA  was a code I got on one phone number

7LN3YNHYF3CH3ATA  was a code I got off a different phone number

#339 Omni99  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

That seems like it would be illegal to charge AFTER you agreed to the purchase amount and got your items.

It would in fact be illegal.

#340 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

What they should do is cancel the orders of greedy people that bought up multiples of the same items and let us who made reasonable orders get ours.

How long was this live for?  If it was just a couple of hours and they fixed it, I would think they would honor people's purchases within reason.  Like, if someone pre-ordered 10 One X's, they should cancel all but one or someone buys 10 of any system etc.  I am hoping mine goes through because I also used gift card codes I earned through swagbucks so not sure if that's an easy thing to cancel or not.  I'm sure if orders are gonna get canceled, we will wake up to the email in the morning. If they do end up honoring all orders, I'm sure it's safe to say we should all shop at Target from now on for all future purchases.

lol, you guys are so cute! "Hey, you know what Target should do? They should cancel all the orders of all the people who gamed the system and purchased a ton of shit. They shouldn't cancel the orders of the people who made reasonable purchases. Who made these reasonable purchases, you ask? Oh... it's me... :booty:  And yes, I'm just going to ignore the fact that I still gamed the system by stacking codes that weren't supposed to be stacked and ended up getting a video game console for over 70% off retail."

Why would they honor even one single toothbrush order if someone got it using an illegitimate coupon(s)? They nuke this. Or they don't. All or nothing. Simple as that.

#341 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

I ordered a casper bed and its foundation. Total was 775. I paid 271. Lets see if it goes thru or not lol.

#342 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

I ended up getting a 40in TV and a TV stand from my fiancees phone. I just got the warranty emailed to me

#343 MadClassic  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

I ordered a casper bed and its foundation. Total was 775. I paid 271. Lets see if it goes thru or not lol.

I have a Casper Bed and Foundation, worth every penny. Hope it goes through for you.

#344 Xudmud   CAG in Training CAG in Training   6 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

I ended up getting a 40in TV and a TV stand from my fiancees phone. I just got the warranty emailed to me

Hm... Would "nonexistent on arrival because my order got cancelled" be a valid warranty claim? [/sarc]

#345 jonw72   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

Is it possible to use just one of these this Friday to pick up a Nintendo Switch? Any chance the code will still be valid?

#346 ILoveCAGSoMuch  

ILoveCAGSoMuch

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:37 AM

I took too long to order, had to reset account password before submitting, and lost the ability to stack them. Only takes one at a time now. 

Is there a way to use these for in-store purchases? 

Yes, they scan the barcode at the top.

#347 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11220 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

Not sure if still want to stay up/wake up at 7AM or just say Fuck it and see what happens.

#348 ILoveCAGSoMuch  

ILoveCAGSoMuch

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:40 AM

Not sure if still want to stay up/wake up at 7AM or just say Fuck it and see what happens.

You've made it this far!

#349 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

Codes won't stack for me lol I always miss out

#350 ILoveCAGSoMuch  

ILoveCAGSoMuch

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

So my order was Sent To Store....Should I go exactly when they open or do I need to wait for "Ready for Pickup" to appear?

#351 SPORK94  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

Not sure if the e-shop cards will work but eh what the hell  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I ordered one 50.99 for 30.99. I'll either wake up to disappointment or Expansions that I won't shell full dosh for.

EDIT: Cancelled as soon as I ordered.

#352 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

Is it possible to use just one of these this Friday to pick up a Nintendo Switch? Any chance the code will still be valid?

The codes will still work, they just wont stack anymore

#353 technole   Overlord CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

technole

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

That's how it went with the last glitch

Hmmmm, they can legally steal $50 from me?  I find that hard to believe.

GCs are vendor-controlled currency based on the term conditions. Of course you probably don't read the fine print.

Just ask what happened to those people who had their Amazon.com account terminated for too many returns, their remaining gift card balances were yanked as well.

#354 geekstop711  

geekstop711

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:50 AM

You have to wait for the email. Your order won't be picked at open and they are going to be tons of orders so you might have to wait a while. Going in early doesn't work either because of how their system works.

#355 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

Not sure if the e-shop cards will work but eh what the hell ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I ordered one 50.99 for 30.99. I'll either wake up to disappointment or Expansions that I won't shell full dosh for.

EDIT: Cancelled as soon as I ordered.

Yeah my eshop was cancelled too.

#356 Flo25  

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

My cousin works at target on the East Coast.  I told him to be prepared for an interesting few hours of work.

#357 technole   Overlord CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

technole

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

The codes have been around since March it looks like, but the 15% off codes are new and are stackable which makes this deal legit.

lol, you justify that a website allows something as legit. Whereas the IT guy that was responsible for putting a no-stack flag on the code is probably getting fired.

E-shop was never valid with the code.

People are getting stealth cancellations as we speak, they don't need to tell you how dishonest you are.

#358 Shadowsteal123   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Shadowsteal123

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

lol, you justify that a website allows something as legit. Whereas the IT guy that was responsible for putting a no-stack flag on the code is probably getting fired.

E-shop was never valid with the code.

People are getting stealth cancellations as we speak, they don't need to tell you how dishonest you are.

There's two listings. The 50.99 one worked with the coupons.

#359 angelsimaren   I want to visit Bunny Island CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

angelsimaren

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

Both of my orders are preparing to ship. I hope they do ship.

#360 wakkawakka   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   392 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

wakkawakka

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:04 AM

Have you guys taken a look at the target reddit forums? Lol. This is funny as hell.