* * * * - 13 votes

Text "lkwkgk" to 827438 and get $20 off $50+ purchase at Target

#991 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, now I am getting worried.  Mine has been listed as Preparing to Ship since last night around 2AM.  Yet, no movement from that state.  With everyone else getting shipping notices, then people popping up to say their preorders were cancelled (although not for the PUBG X set), I am starting to worry again.

Does anyone remember - did anyone with a glitch order go to Prepare to Ship, then get cancelled?

I think you'll get it. It's past the preorder stage. You should be fine.

#992 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

When I click my tracking number it shows they've created the shipping label but UPS hasn't picked it up yet. Hmm...

#993 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 24 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

When I click my tracking number it shows they've created the shipping label but UPS hasn't picked it up yet. Hmm...

It took 2-3 days for my shipping number to actually update after they created label.

I'm still seeing my pre-orders but I don't have much faith in them. I guess the lesson learned the next time something similar happens is to buy stuff that's already out. I couldn't really think of anything already released at the time it happened though.

#994 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

I will be the one to make YOU feel better.  If they created the shipping label, it probably went into a giant "waiting room" to be picked up by UPS.  I would imagine that they do one mass pickup at the end of the business day to get as many orders as possible.  If it were shipping from Mid-West or West Coast, it would still be early afternoon.  So, I wouldn't panic yet … unless yours wasn't even listed as shipped yet (I.e. me).  LOL

#995 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

welp, Target is on a preorder cancellation festival now, got these games cancelled:

Dragon Quest XI
Death Stranding
Wario Ware Gold
Starlink
Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee! Poke Ball Plus Bundle
Shenmue I & II
Super Mario Party
428 Shibuya Scramble
Crystal Crisis
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
SNK Heroines
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

At least I still have a few preorders from the Buy 2 get 1 promo a while ago, so they're about $40 each. I still have some unused codes from this 15% promo....wonder if it's wise to even bother trying to use one of them since they're supposed to be good until October 31st (assuming the stacking glitch is fixed anyway).

#996 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

I wonder what took them over a week to cancel orders. Surely they knew about it within a few hours when they made the coupons stop working.

#997 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Now also have these game preorders canceled, in case you've got one of these ordered too: 

Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot
Monster Hunter: Generations Ultimate
Biomutant
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Doom: Eternal

I'm just glad I have most of these still ordered with Best Buy GCU (assuming that 20% discount will still hold after my membership lapses in February 2019).

#998 bondgirl  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Well my pre-orders got canceled except for Forza Horizon 4 Edition for some reason. I thought I would try Target chat just for the heck of it to see if they could do anything at all and it seemed like they copped an attitude with me for using the coupons at all. It really sucks that they waited so long to cancel the orders and gave everyone hope. 

#999 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

Well my pre-orders got canceled except for Forza Horizon 4 Edition for some reason. I thought I would try Target chat just for the heck of it to see if they could do anything at all and it seemed like they copped an attitude with me for using the coupons at all. It really sucks that they waited so long to cancel the orders and gave everyone hope. 

It really is a dick move to cancel this late after so many orders have already been fulfilled. They should have mass cancelled as soon as they were aware of the glitch or fulfilled the orders for everyone.

I know I wouldn't want to shop there again if my order was cancelled but others were fulfilled.

What really sucks is it sounds like most people who have gotten their orders cancelled or turned down in-store by managers are those who only ordered 1-2 things and intended to buy them for themselves while the people who bought 10 Switches to resell at $250 a piece had no issue getting them.

#1000 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5809 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:07 PM

Target shipped 10 games to me but cancelled my 9 preorders from the glitch. Glad I got more than half of my glitched order.

#1001 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

Well, 6:00PM Eastern and PUBG X still listed as Preparing to Ship.  With all these cancellation notices I am downgrading my hopes back to 50/50.  If I don't get a shipped notice by tomorrow at lunch, I will assume I got wiped out with the massive cancellation wave today.  And, I am with Johnny - it will have hurt worse to have it go Preparing to Ship to Cancelled (if that happens) than it would to have just cancelled it to begin with.  Don't get my hopes up and then dash them  :shame:

Either way, I have an XBOX One S so worse case scenario, I won't miss out on any games.  They just won't look as pretty.

#1002 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

The cancellations just keep pouring in, no game is safe :O

The World Ends With You: Final Remix
SOULCALIBUR VI
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Limited Steelbook Edition
Everspace: Galactic Edition (not sure if this one even exists anyway)
Marvel's Spider-Man
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Metro Exodus
Anthem
Kingdom Hearts III

#1003 Linus_  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:45 PM

welp! They canceled my 2 preorders. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I should have purchased something in store, so many people actually got lucky getting their orders for cheap, 150$ Nintendo Switches and such. ugh... The regret is starting to hit me. 

#1004 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

Aaaand, the last of my game preorders are now cancelled out. I'm also wishing I had ordered something that was actually in-stock at the time, rather than preorders, a nice tv or something. The last of the game preorders that were axed for completionist sake:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu! Poke Ball Plus Bundle
Super Neptunia RPG - Nintendo Switch
Code Vein
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Days Gone
Team Sonic Racing - PlayStation 4
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - PlayStation 4
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Nintendo Switch
Team Sonic Racing - Nintendo Switch

Think I'll just wait a few weeks before attempting to use one of the 15% off codes I hadn't used, one per order, see if it's even valid after this cancellation session.

#1005 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:31 PM

Aaaand, the last of my game preorders are now cancelled out. I'm also wishing I had ordered something that was actually in-stock at the time, rather than preorders, a nice tv or something. The last of the game preorders that were axed for completionist sake:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu! Poke Ball Plus Bundle
Super Neptunia RPG - Nintendo Switch
Code Vein
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Days Gone
Team Sonic Racing - PlayStation 4
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - PlayStation 4
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Nintendo Switch
Team Sonic Racing - Nintendo Switch

Think I'll just wait a few weeks before attempting to use one of the 15% off codes I hadn't used, one per order, see if it's even valid after this cancellation session.

I wish I had seen the glitch early enough to get a $100 Switch with Mario Odyssey and BOTW. Pretty much all the big ticket items were OoS or unavailable for pickup by the time I saw it. I really just settled for the Xbox X preorder because I was like "fuck it I'm gonna get something out of this" lol.

#1006 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Damn, my AC Odyssey preorder was cancelled as well. Chances were slim but I had hope for that one. Sucks they're cancelling now. They could have shipped everything then put out their pickup numbers and claimed another success just like they did with glitch day. Oh well!

Would totally chat with CS if I thought they would uncancel anything but I dont see that happening unfortunately.

#1007 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

My Xbox One X just shipped and will arrive by the 30th!!  Has anyone had Target cancel their order after it was shipped?  I see no reason to cancel it now.  Target is amazing and has earned my business for everything from now on.

#1008 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

My Xbox One X just shipped and will arrive by the 30th!!  Has anyone had Target cancel their order after it was shipped?  I see no reason to cancel it now.  Target is amazing and has earned my business for everything from now on.

Congrats.  Mine still stuck at Preparing to Ship - where it's been since last night at 2AM.  So, it hasn't been cancelled, but still not filling me with optimism.  I am done checking it for the day.  I will check again tomorrow.

Sorry to all those who received mass cancellation notices.  I have this sinking feeling I might be joining you all by the morning 8(

#1009 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

Just wondering for those who got their pre orders cancelled, did you guys have all the promo codes applied?

Mine are still open but I only used 4 promo codes on that order.

#1010 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:06 AM

Just wondering for those who got their pre orders cancelled, did you guys have all the promo codes applied?

Mine are still open but I only used 4 promo codes on that order.

I used all 6 of the 15% off codes on one big order with all of those game preorders, but didn't use that other code that gave the $20 off $50+.  I had already used that one on another order, for blu-rays of Star Wars Solo and Infinity War, plus two Doritos bags for filler to reach the $50. I got the Doritos already, and so far the blu-rays haven't been cancelled yet. So maybe your order will be spared, if you haven't used so many of the 15% off codes, or ordered so much stuff like I had. Good luck dude.

#1011 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9130 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

The cancellations just keep pouring in, no game is safe :O

The World Ends With You: Final Remix
SOULCALIBUR VI
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Limited Steelbook Edition
Everspace: Galactic Edition (not sure if this one even exists anyway)
Marvel's Spider-Man
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Metro Exodus
Anthem
Kingdom Hearts III

yeah cuz you got greedy

#1012 ZerotypeX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3877 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

Like everyone else, my pre orders were canceled also.

#1013 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

So the tracker updated and scheduled delivery for my order is today (Wednesday).

#1014 genEric_1  

genEric_1

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:32 AM

So the tracker updated and scheduled delivery for my order is today (Wednesday).

So jealous. I’m stuck in pending hell. I should have also ordered a new area rug because I wore mine out from pacing back and forth.

#1015 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1246 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:36 AM

So jealous. I’m stuck in pending hell. I should have also ordered a new area rug because I wore mine out from pacing back and forth.

It's a good sign that your order wasn't cancelled today when they were seemingly mass cancelling everything. I've yet to read about anyone having the Xbone X PUBG bundle cancelled. I bet it ships today.

#1016 nabor605   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

nabor605

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:37 AM

yeah cuz you got greedy

Sure, but since the purchases were for my own gaming collection, I feel less sleazy than the scalpers that took advantage of the glitch and flipped in-stock inventory with in-store pickup the following morning.

#1017 genEric_1  

genEric_1

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:40 AM

It's a good sign that your order wasn't cancelled today when they were seemingly mass cancelling everything. I've yet to read about anyone having the Xbone X PUBG bundle cancelled. I bet it ships today.

I sure hope so! Trying to be optimistic. Either way congrats on your score!

#1018 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:00 AM

Crazy fireplace light up TV stand I ordered actually arrived today. All that's left is rp1 4k blu ray to arrive tomorrow. I got my entire order except mario aces and inifity war blu ray.

#1019 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13176 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

I'm pretty sure they killed all the 15% off codes, even the unused ones.  I tried a couple of my unused codes several days ago and got a message saying they were no longer valid (or something to that effect - don't remember the exact wording).

#1020 douglasmcc   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

douglasmcc

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

I guess it's true what they say: It's always darkest before the light.  I checked around 11am this morning and it was still listed as Prepare to Ship.  So, I admit it, I gave up.  I told myself it wasn't shipping and accepted that I would be fine with the S until the next console cycle.  Then about 10 minutes ago, I got a notice on my phone that Target had sent me an email.  I assumed it was a cancellation notice.  When I clicked on it, the first thing I saw was - Good News!  Your Order XXXXXXXXXXXXX is on the way.  Admittedly, when I click on the tracking number, it just says that a label has been created.  However, Johnny's shipping label did the same thing, then update later in the evening yesterday.  So, after this rollercoaster of emotions the last 48 hours, I believe I am actually getting my PUBG X.

P.S.  Don't worry about the pending status genEric_1.  I got a feeling you are next for the shipping good news.

P.S.S. Johnny, yours was scheduled for delivery today if I remember correctly.  Update when you can so we know Target isn't pulling a mean parent X-mas trick of sending us a XBOX One box full of underwear   8-[