CAGcast #554: The Bouncy Years

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Far Cry 5 Mars DLC, Prime Day, No Man’s Sky Next, Nintendo Switch’s crack problem, and of course, the Hotel Transylvania 3 game.
Download (1 hr 15 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is sponsored by Harrys! Claim your trial shave set at Harrys.com/CAG

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - SM-Trax - Got The Groove (SM in Motion Mix)
Outro - Pac Man Cereal Commercial
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah guys, the Far Cry 5 dlc so far ties to Far Cry 5. The Vietnam dlc features one of the old veterans you meet in Montana. And you hunt for the same lighters.

Both Nick and Hurk Jr, in the Mars dlc, are guns for hire in FC 5.

Hurk Sr is running for senate, you have missions for him in FC5. Senior was also in FC 3 and 4.

The Hurk line even made it to FC Primal.

They’ve been comic relief throughout the series.

So in short it’s not as random as you thought. 😄

NPD Mat explains why WB updated Shadow of Mordor

https://twitter.com/matpiscatella/status/1019655058219102208

No cracks on my Switch, and I play docked all the time. I think people just don't take care of their things, and just want to blame Nintendo for their abuse.

Have you seen the video game trade-ins at GameStop? People bring in consoles in plastic grocery bags, and blow the dust off when it placing on the counter, lol. Did a dog have your Halo 5 manual for lunch, or was that just cheap paper the manual was printed on?

I'd like cheapy to stream his face of frustration when he realizes that after killing the final farcry5 territory boss he still has to do one of those dumb compound rescues before the final mission appears.

I totally agree with Wombat's disappointment with most of the CW shows this season. Black Lightning was amazing, but was glad it was 13 episodes, as it forced the staff to write more focused stories as opposed to the aimless season-long storyline. Agents of SHIELD, a show the rest of you should still watch, does this pretty well as there's always some epic final fight like every ten episodes. 

It's interesting that Ralph and Sue Dibney are private investigators, yet nobody at the networks don't see potential on that show. It's right there in the title, Detectives Dibney. Wouldn't any of you or your wives want to watch something like a Murder, She Wrote or a Hart to Hart set in the present day in a comic book universe? As Wombat says, Ralph's power doesn't even have to be a factor in many of the episodes as a cost-cutting measure. 

Shipwreck is probably that one guy who wears a basketball jersey with matching shorts for pickup games, complete with matching headband and arm sleeve. I played pickup basketball for years and can confirm, he fits that M.O. very well.

Moment of appreciation for Cheapy, too, for teaching his son Japanese. Studies have shown that bi-lingual kids are more inclined to develop strong work ethic and more inclined to succeed at school. Not only that, but it'll be a moment of bonding between him and MsCheapy, too, which he'll remember for the rest of his life. Good to know that Cheapy is a good father, along with being a good podcast host.

Wombat, after your basement is finished, how about a basement tour like Shipwreck did? I'm sure everyone wants to see your eighteen funko pops and other junk. I'm interested in seeing Cheapy's six monitor set-up as well.

Cheapy's story about how the plumber didn't call him back is so true for so many other home repair people. They are also so flakey and don't return your calls and ghost you. I'd pay for and get more work done if they didn't give you the run around all the time.

Cheapy: I know you love Overwatch.  Have you ever tried Paladins, and if so, what did you think?

Kevin from Fox Lake, IL

Wombat needs to sit down with Sabrina and show her the complete catalog of The Beatles music. What songs have you played for her that she didn't like?

Much of Destiny’s criticism is totally warranted, however, both the PSN and Xbox Live had the base Destiny game and the two old expansions for $20 right now. The game has improved dramatically since launch and a new expansion would be the right time to jump in, as everyone is experiencing the content for the first time, even Destiny veterans.

bread's done
Back