Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off

Vita

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $6.74 - 70% Off

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - $19.99 - 50% Off

Persona 4 Golden - $7.99 - 60% Off

UbiArt Game Bundle - $15.99 - 60% Off

Have a good weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I've picked up Valiant Hearts and have LEGO The Hobbit and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut in my cart. Is Child of Light worth checking out? I read the description and it sounds like a really good game.

So far I've picked up Valiant Hearts and have LEGO The Hobbit and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut in my cart. Is Child of Light worth checking out? I read the description and it sounds like a really good game.
It's a pretty good mix of a Grandia-style timeline-based battle system and a Metroid-style overworld to explore to find secrets and such.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite and all its dlc are also on sale. Here's to a faint hope that those rumors of them fixing it come true.

Thanks OP, I just wish they would have another $.99 sale on PS1 games like they had years ago.
That's what I keep hoping for, too. I snagged a lot of RPGs in that sale. (Of course, I already had them on PSX, but hey, being able to play them portably on Vita is pretty cool!)

Yes x 1000. Beautiful game, incredible soundtrack, with a great battle system to boot.

Not a lot for me. I might finally upgrade Arkham Knight to digital. The Injustice 2 Ultimate Pack is tempting but man is it annoying that it's only $2.00 more to add the base game. If they're going to run the ultimate for 50% off they could run the dlc the same. At that price I'd be in for sure.

I think I will finally bite on Toy Chest since one of my boys love it and I don't think I'll beat $6. The only reason I'd want the complete is for He-Man which I don't think is worth it...

Same sale prices once again. These have been incredibly underwhelming as of late.

If anybody wants recommendations, Nex Machina and Tesla vs Lovecraft are two of the best dual-stick shooters around and are both $6 each.
I'd go as far as to say Nex is the best twin stick ever made. How's the difficulty in TvL? The game looks way too easy on lower difficulties and the higher levels don't necessarily look hard, there's just large mobs of enemies on screen that seem pretty easy to avoid and kill from the small amount I watched on Youtube.

I thought there was absolutely nothing for me from this sale but will probably bite on both Nex Machina and Tesla vs Lovecraft. Those are historic lows for both

I thought there was absolutely nothing for me from this sale but will probably bite on both Nex Machina and Tesla vs Lovecraft. Those are historic lows for both
Nex Machina is extremely fun, but it's definitely a thinking man's twin stick shooter. I'm also considering Tesla vs Lovecraft because Neon Chrome has been one of my favorite games that I've played this year. In addition to that one, I'm considering Bayonetta for PS3 since I've never seen a disc copy for that price and possibly Child of Light, Just Cause 3, Rogue Stormers, and the Surgeon Simulator/I Am Bread bundle for PS4. I have decided to keep my budget for this sale under $30 since I need another game like I need a hole in my head.

I'd go as far as to say Nex is the best twin stick ever made. How's the difficulty in TvL? The game looks way too easy on lower difficulties and the higher levels don't necessarily look hard, there's just large mobs of enemies on screen that seem pretty easy to avoid and kill from the small amount I watched on Youtube.
The first campaign hasn't been that hard, but it has a classic arcade mode for high score chasing like the other 10tons games.

Nex Machina is extremely fun, but it's definitely a thinking man's twin stick shooter. I'm also considering Tesla vs Lovecraft because Neon Chrome has been one of my favorite games that I've played this year. In addition to that one, I'm considering Bayonetta for PS3 since I've never seen a disc copy for that price and possibly Child of Light, Just Cause 3, Rogue Stormers, and the Surgeon Simulator/I Am Bread bundle for PS4. I have decided to keep my budget for this sale under $30 since I need another game like I need a hole in my head.
No, it would be in the Cross Buy list if it were. ;)

No, it would be in the Cross Buy list if it were. ;)
Yeah, I edited my post shortly thereafter.

And since you thought to reply, thanks for all the work you do, Frisky. I've been posting sale lists over in the Android deals thread for the past few weeks, and I don't think that most people understand how much effort it takes to post all these links. My sales lists aren't as user friendly as yours are, but I have a much better appreciation now for all that you (and Bloomy over in the Xbox deals thread) do for the community here. Thanks a lot, buddy!

i recall hearing that psn had a bad version of psychonauts so it is better to get the steam version for $2 on sale now instead. everything else looked ok.

i recall hearing that psn had a bad version of psychonauts so it is better to get the steam version for $2 on sale now instead. everything else looked ok.
The PS4 version was bad but they patched it and fixed the audio glitches, input lag, and the load times are shorter. I would recommend the PS4 version if you prefer playing on a console.

Tesla vs Lovecraft is indeed pretty easy; i've played through two of the three difficulties now and only had maybe three or four stages in which i've died, and that has more to to with RNG than difficulty. Enemy spawns and weapons pickups are somewhat random, so if they keep spawning mobs on top of you and don't drop any decent weapons, you won't last long. On the other hand, if they drop you a strong weapon and a few good perks at the start of a level, you're not fighting for your life so much as mowing the lawn. It's still fun imo, just don't expect too much of a challenge.

Some people might be turned off by the fact that there's not much character progression in the game: you start each stage at level 1 and with a crappy handgun, earning perks and picking up weapons as you go, but you start the next stage again from scratch. You do have permanent upgrades(extra teleport charges, start the stage with a random weapon/perk etc), but these are purchased with aether crystals, and you see virtually none of them throughout the entire first difficulty, so it's awhile before you've earned any powerups that you get to keep. It's not bad, just different, and the game is fast paced enough that the whole thing works.

How does Nex Machina compare to Helldivers? I loved that game, and must have sunk at least 200 hours into it.

Tesla vs Lovecraft is indeed pretty easy; i've played through two of the three difficulties now and only had maybe three or four stages in which i've died, and that has more to to with RNG than difficulty. Enemy spawns and weapons pickups are somewhat random, so if they keep spawning mobs on top of you and don't drop any decent weapons, you won't last long. On the other hand, if they drop you a strong weapon and a few good perks at the start of a level, you're not fighting for your life so much as mowing the lawn. It's still fun imo, just don't expect too much of a challenge.

Some people might be turned off by the fact that there's not much character progression in the game: you start each stage at level 1 and with a crappy handgun, earning perks and picking up weapons as you go, but you start the next stage again from scratch. You do have permanent upgrades(extra teleport charges, start the stage with a random weapon/perk etc), but these are purchased with aether crystals, and you see virtually none of them throughout the entire first difficulty, so it's awhile before you've earned any powerups that you get to keep. It's not bad, just different, and the game is fast paced enough that the whole thing works.

How does Nex Machina compare to Helldivers? I loved that game, and must have sunk at least 200 hours into it.
Thanks for the in-depth review. I think I'm definitely going to pick up Tesla vs. Lovecraft. I haven't played Helldivers, but Nex Machina is slower than most twin-stick shooters because you almost feel compelled to hide behind things before shooting. If you go in with guns blazing, you will almost certainly die right away. In that way, it was sort of like Nuclear Throne with better aiming, IMO. There aren't many power ups as you go, and you have to clear out an entire level before you can proceed to the next level. So, I found myself wanting to see what enemies were waiting for me and what types of bullets they would be using against me before I proceeded to start taking them out. I've probably made it sound boring, but it isn't.

I like the pixel art in Nex Machina. I think that was my favorite part. It kind of looks like an NES game, but that shouldn't turn anyone off from buying it. That added to its charm.

There's nothing really similar to Helldivers. Nex Machina is a dual stick shooter in the Housemarque style made as a tribute to Robotron, with some help from its creator, and it's all about mastering its mechanics and the variety of secrets that it holds.

I enjoyed Tesla vs. Lovecraft quite a bit. Thanks to the challenge system and the crystals, I always felt like I was making some progress even if I failed a level. The Plat is very straightforward which is another plus.

There's nothing really similar to Helldivers. Nex Machina is a dual stick shooter in the Housemarque style made as a tribute to Robotron, with some help from its creator, and it's all about mastering its mechanics and the variety of secrets that it holds.
The core of Helldivers is a pretty straightorward twin stick shooter; it just incorporates a lot of extra features and adds depth by altering the gameplay based on your loadout/play style. The friend who introduced me to it loved running with a flamethrower, engulfing everything in fire and using jump jets to escape when enemies got too close for comfort; i always carried the laser rifle (Sickle) and picked off enemies from anywhere on the screen like a surgeon. On the survival stages i'd usually set up Tesla towers for perimeter defense and drop mechs to cut down the bugs that got through. Sometimes it was fun to just bring four airstrikes and rain hell throughout the stage.

No other game from the past generation surprised me like Helldivers by how much i enjoyed it. Never would have even given it a second glance, but said friend bought it and loved it so much he gave me the digital content code from his disc copy that allowed me to download the PS3 version(and the game supports cross play). A month later i'd bought a copy for myself, along with three more copies for friends for Christmas gifts(it was $16 for Black Friday in 2015, RIP GCU).

Can anyone comment on the Van Helsing games?  I love Diablo, but the PS4 versions of these seem to be getting pretty "meh" reactions.  Sucks that there's no couch co-op, especially since the reviews mention the servers rarely work, so internet co-op is tough to pull off.

The core of Helldivers is a pretty straightorward twin stick shooter; it just incorporates a lot of extra features and adds depth by altering the gameplay based on your loadout/play style. The friend who introduced me to it loved running with a flamethrower, engulfing everything in fire and using jump jets to escape when enemies got too close for comfort; i always carried the laser rifle (Sickle) and picked off enemies from anywhere on the screen like a surgeon. On the survival stages i'd usually set up Tesla towers for perimeter defense and drop mechs to cut down the bugs that got through. Sometimes it was fun to just bring four airstrikes and rain hell throughout the stage.

No other game from the past generation surprised me like Helldivers by how much i enjoyed it. Never would have even given it a second glance, but said friend bought it and loved it so much he gave me the digital content code from his disc copy that allowed me to download the PS3 version(and the game supports cross play). A month later i'd bought a copy for myself, along with three more copies for friends for Christmas gifts(it was $16 for Black Friday in 2015, RIP GCU).
I wasn't saying Helldivers was bad or anything like that, but what the two games are going for are wildly different. Helldivers is a dual-stick shooter Magicka in terms of complex mechanics and range of ways you can tackle objectives with co-op being necessary, but Nex Machina is going for a classic arcade style of mechanics that are easier to grasp while putting you in levels and situations to get you to make use of them to go for high scores and find secrets.

Considering Dead Rising 2 OTR just to screw around in sandbox mode. Maybe if I can convince a friend to get it too...

-Update- Picked it up for stupid fun.

I would grab persona 4 digital for that price but I have a sneaking suspicion they'll throw it for PS Plus free before they end Vita games for PS Plus. I'm feeling they'll try to release the "greatest" Vita games as a last hoorah before it ends.

Picked up LEGO The Hobbit, Child of Light, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Likely going to grab Tesla vs Lovecraft as well, just being a slowpoke about it, lol. Thanks to Frisky and others for the input on Child of Light and TvL. 

In many ways, tvl is their most polished dual stick shooter. But it's definitely a bit too easy, at least if you are good at the genre. It's a very easy Platinum, very straightforward, nothing hidden.

I do recommend it, because I love all of their games, but I feel like they may have tried a little too hard to make it accessible. If you're a huge fan of neon Chrome then jydge may be a closer fit. But I think you'll still like tvl. I did.

bread's done
Back