* * * * * 2 votes

PSN Flash Sale ends 7/23 @ 11 AM ET/8 AM PT

#61 GtoTheNextLevel  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

Decide to get Slain and Lara Croft GO. Been wanting to play Slain for a long time.

#62 envelopes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

It sure is. Good games never go out of style

I've started playing a lot of Metroidvania games but Shadow Complex is the only one I've ever stuck with from start to finish so that should tell you something.  But I was unemployed when it came out so I had all the time in the world to play it and no money to buy other games so that might have had something to do with it.  Still I say awesome game and my favorite of the genre.

Thanks, both. I bought it!

#63 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6222 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

How does Nex Machina compare to Helldivers? I loved that game, and must have sunk at least 200 hours into it.

To chime in on the entire discussion: (I love twin stick shooters)

Nex Machina (2p) is good, but it's just a very fast-paced and twitchy arcade game. So fast, you don't realize you're done an area fast.  It's also really short, meant to be played over and over for a better score.

Jydge (2p) is for Neon Chrome (4p) fans: smaller task-based quick missions at a slower pace; quite fun and satisfying to replay for different missions (I enjoyed first clearing everyone out, then replaying to kill objective ASAP & GTFO alive under a certain time amount)

The real comparison to Helldivers (4p) would be Alienation (4p).  Long map-based objectives/missions with RPG elements.

I'm on the fence about Tesla (4p) (the only one in this post that I don't own), since it's closer to Crimsonland (4p) or I Made A Game With Zombies In It (4p), arena-based, rather than exploring/moving like Dead Nation (2p) et al.

Special nod to Ruiner (1p), which I am very excited to try but haven't yet, but that one is single-player story based. (also see: Livelock (1p))

I think that covers most of the quality multiplayer twin stick shooters that aren't true rogue-like on the side of Isaac or Gungeon.

In summary, every game I've mentioned is great, none of them have disappointed, and they're all worth picking up when on sale.

#64 RSeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:36 AM

Tomb Raider: Anniversary (PSP) is missing from the list. I think it's at an all-time low of $1.94 (per pspprices.com). It will work on the Vita if transferred via a PS3 system.

#65 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7108 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

Don't forget that the sale is ending today at 8 a.m. PST!

Just grabbed a PSTV compatible trifecta - Persona 4 Golden, Child of Light Ultimate Edition, and Lara Croft Go.

Now to find my PSTV. I might have eaten it.

#66 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4692 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

Don't forget that the sale is ending today at 8 a.m. PST!
Just grabbed a PSTV compatible trifecta - Persona 4 Golden, Child of Light Ultimate Edition, and Lara Croft Go.
Now to find my PSTV. I might have eaten it.

Holy hell. I thought today was Sunday. Some traveling messed up my timing. Can't believe I missed a flash sale. Though honestly I didn't need to spend money

#67 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7108 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Holy hell. I thought today was Sunday. Some traveling messed up my timing. Can't believe I missed a flash sale. Though honestly I didn't need to spend money

None of us ever need to spend money. But we spend money to save money.