* * * - - 5 votes

Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale 7/27-7/28 | Early Access 7/26

#151 emg28   esteeohpee CAGiversary!   3070 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

I couldn’t resist on Valkyria Revolution for $6.99 (after in-store pick up discount).

#152 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

nvm . i see gcu only seems to apply once you add the item to cart. weird. i guess this is part of them phasing out gcu.

update: anyway, any pc games besides cuphead on sale?

#153 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Nothing interesting for April fool's day in july

#154 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3691 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

Attack on Titan 2 must be terrible cuz the original held its value for a very long time before it started going on sale.

#155 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

Nothing really of note, but I went ahead and ordered a copy of Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 on Switch. 

#156 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

Grabbed the Street Fighter collection and Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 for Switch. Seemed like fair prices for them at 24 each, especially when each is getting me multiple games. What happened to the 25% off 3DS digital games? Can't find any record of them.

#157 Aleth   Shhhhh...I'm waiting... CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

I ended up picking up Atelier Lydia and Suelle on the Switch. I haven’t seen the price drop on it much at all.

#158 midloo   User No. 2 CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

so it looks like iTunes isn't part of the early access deals?

Looks like it.  Bummer.... but only for a day :)

#159 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

Only sale item I'm interested in is :3ds: Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns for $20/$16, but they haven't had it available for shipping in months and no stores around me have stock :\

#160 NSpectreGarrus   CAGosaurus Rex! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

NSpectreGarrus

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just got a PSVR with the Target coupons the other day.  Any decent VR games on sale here?  All I have is Skyrim so far.  Thinking of Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.  Any others?

#161 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

Just got a PSVR with the Target coupons the other day.  Any decent VR games on sale here?  All I have is Skyrim so far.  Thinking of Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.  Any others?

Rush of Blood is fun.

#162 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12445 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Picked up Dynasty Warriors 9 (PS4) for $15.99 after GCU.  Really not interested in anything else unless the prices come down.

Still better than Prime Day though.

#163 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

If this is BB at their best, I think it's time to start writing the eulogy. These are just the same prices over and over again, and even PSN has been undercutting these prices. The notion they are advertising these as Black Friday prices is pretty insulting.

I feel like their strat is to overwhelm customers with many games "on sale" but keep the prices high, in hopes that customers will say "well I have to get something during this sale" - half these games will see massive price drops in the coming months. Hold strong.

I know I am for GoW. It'll be $30 on Amazon in a couple weeks, I can feel it.

#164 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

Debating getting Madden for 7 bucks. I haven't bought it in 10 years. Really hate Brady on the cover though.

I want Detroit but I think its gotta get cheaper in the near future.

#165 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

I would've pulled the trigger in God of War if it was $40 pre GCU. No worries tho.

#166 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12754 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

If this is BB at their best, I think it's time to start writing the eulogy. These are just the same prices over and over again, and even PSN has been undercutting these prices. The notion they are advertising these as Black Friday prices is pretty insulting.

Holding strong on GoW. It'll be $30 on Amazon in a couple weeks, I can feel it.

Only if Amazon price matches someone else.

https://www.forbes.c...m/#94c7cfeb443c

Best Buy looks fine

#167 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:30 PM

Oh, no doubt about it. Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls were both laughably cheap within less than a year of their respective releases. I just think games like that don't have a lot of staying power in the minds of gamers, whether it's a success early on or not.

#168 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

Only if Amazon price matches someone else.

https://www.forbes.c...m/#94c7cfeb443c

Best Buy looks fine

I've seen this report before. But have we considered that it was the GCU program and high profile with gamers that helped boost it back up? I don't think it's a coincidence that I see this increase in revenue during the same time me and other gamers start shopping there more religiously. With GCU gone, many of those customers who brought them out of the red will be gone too.

Someone, probably Amazon, will be ready to swoop in and revive those high spending customers. Solely thanks to GCU, I have bought a washer/dryer combo, an LG 65" 4k TV, a laptop, and some home security hardware within the last 3 years. That's over $10k. I was able to see those demoed because I was there to pick up gaming stuff. Now, I won't be there when I need my next TV or appliance.

#169 PsychoKilla666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PsychoKilla666

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

Nice Street Fighter and Mega Man were part of my order for my last day of GCU!
Just got the adjustment

#170 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Debating getting Madden for 7 bucks.

I got it for $8 on PSN many months ago and was in the same boat. Quite honestly the story mode (lasts idk, like 4 or 5 hrs? maybe less) is worth the $8 alone. The voice acting is cringy at times but it could've gone far worse. At the very least, it works. The situations they put you in are actually pretty cool, save for a couple mundane parts. If you enjoy the sport, I'd say go for it.

#171 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:42 PM

I feel like their strat is to overwhelm customers with many games "on sale" but keep the prices high, in hopes that customers will say "well I have to get something during this sale" - half these games will see massive price drops in the coming months. Hold strong.

I know I am for GoW. It'll be $30 on Amazon in a couple weeks, I can feel it.

I wouldn't jump the gun on that. This sale isn't awful, sure many games aren't "cheap enough" for us, but they aren't bad deals considering a lot of those games haven't been much cheaper before this. I only ordered the Mega Man Legacy Collection for Switch, which wasn't as cheap as I could probably get it for if I waited a bit longer, but with my GCU running out in November I figured I may as well bite on it now for $24 instead of wait for what will probably be $20 in the near future. 

Debating getting Madden for 7 bucks. I haven't bought it in 10 years. Really hate Brady on the cover though.

I also want Detroit, but I need it to be less than $30. 

#172 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4262 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Got VR for Xbox and some K cups!!

#173 elarcadia  

elarcadia

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, they can call it "Black Friday in July" all they want, but these are nowhere near as good as real BF prices. 

#174 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9322 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

So do we know for sure that the iTunes discounts will be in the sale after Early Access? Or was it an error in the sales info?

#175 OldManNoob   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

OldManNoob

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

MCC did not apply my GCU discount. I'll ask about the discount later today when it's picked up from my local store.

Update: I mentioned at the online pickup desk that the online order don’t discount the GCU 20% off, the rep adjusted the price. YMMV

#176 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

GCU prices will not work unless it glitches in the first couple of minutes of when the sale goes live. GCU is dead, for me at least, mine expired today.I also heard from an employee that even those w GCU until 2020 will hear the bad news when they cancel it entirely by the end of this year. But I hope it's just a rumor.. Good luck

This is the most useless post I've ever seen, and on a forum with Starmask and Miyamotorola that's saying a lot. 

#177 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

I couldn’t resist on Valkyria Revolution for $6.99 (after in-store pick up discount).

i got it for free and regret it

#178 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1657 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Why are there only XB1 games?

#179 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4151 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

There are games for other consoles too. Go to the site and you'll find more stuff, just nothing note worthy really. 

#180 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4086 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:57 PM

Cause they need all the sales they can get? :D