* * * - - 5 votes

Best Buy Black Friday in July Sale 7/27-7/28 | Early Access 7/26

#241 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

What's this Cuphead "physical release"? Does it stack with GCU?

And with an art cell included - given that it works with GCU and you still get it on PC and Xbox One, it's a good deal overall.

They aren't at all the same. The physical version of Cuphead is an actual Xbox case with an art cell inside and the upc on the back just prompts the register to sell you a digital copy of the game which doesn't qualify for GCU. PUBG is an already activated code in a cardboard box and qualifies for GCU.

#242 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

My Dishonored code from the Dishonored 2 limited edition expired though. I was pissed

#243 JasonTerminator   Not a psychopath! CAGiversary!   2588 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

JasonTerminator

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

Anyone know if the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro version of Attack on Titan 2 is better? Haven't had any luck with Google.

#244 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

Anyone know if the Xbox One X or PS4 Pro version of Attack on Titan 2 is better? Haven't had any luck with Google.

I am sure they about the same, but it probably looks and runs a bit better on a One X. I believe the first one was slightly better on Xbox One too.

#245 Markmallow  

Markmallow

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

My Dishonored code from the Dishonored 2 limited edition expired though. I was pissed

You might still try to use the code if you haven’t already. I just opened a few of my games that had expired codes and all of them still worked.

#246 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1106 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

No, it's a known issue with the expired code. Bethesda will probably say tough shit if you contact support. Xbox One copies may work, but PS4 are done.

#247 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:54 PM

Ended up getting mega Man legacy for switch and Ni no Kuni 2

#248 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Does best buy typically have pokemon cards/codes for red/blue/yellow in store?

Online keeps cancelling my digital orders. I'm trying to buy them with a gift card

#249 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2381 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:24 PM

Does best buy typically have pokemon cards/codes for red/blue/yellow in store?

Online keeps cancelling my digital orders. I'm trying to buy them with a gift card

I think they do but even if they don't you can just give them the sku at the register to buy anything digital. That's all the cards are doing anyway.

#250 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

I think they do but even if they don't you can just give them the sku at the register to buy anything digital. That's all the cards are doing anyway.

Would the code be printed on the receipt or emailed to me? Because I don't want to go over there and still have my item cancelled 

#251 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:13 PM

I went to the store. They don't have the codes and they won't let you do a SKU enter. Apparently the physical cards were removed from the stores last year

#252 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

I picked up Paranormal Activity for PSVR. I was hoping to get it during a good PSN sale, but it was hard to pass up at $10. The lowest it's gone on PSN was $20.

#253 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

I'm just done. After the latest cancellation I requested a price match on amazon and now pokemon red,blue and yellow are $7.49

#254 Snarky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:41 AM

Darn it, forgot to add the $30 GC, so I cancelled each item in my order and decided to just pass on it.

#255 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4091 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:48 AM

I'm just done. After the latest cancellation I requested a price match on amazon and now pokemon red,blue and yellow are $7.49

Where do you request price matches on Amazon for stuff?

#256 v0yce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

Picked up a Cuphead art cell box. GCU didn't apply but I'm fine with $15 anyway.

Also went ahead and got Valkyria Revolution against my better judgment. Hopefully I'll find $7 worth of fun in it.

#257 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:27 AM

I picked up Paranormal Activity for PSVR. I was hoping to get it during a good PSN sale, but it was hard to pass up at $10. The lowest it's gone on PSN was $20.

You won't regret it.

I recommend playing at night.  Maybe it's just me, but somehow, knowing that it's actually night in the real world helps add to the scariness factor of games like this one.

#258 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:18 AM

Where do you request price matches on Amazon for stuff?

In product information 

https://media.discor...1200&height=676

unfortunately it didn't work for pricematching gold,silver, crystal 

#259 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Has fire emblem awakening been cheaper digitally? I feel like it has maybe been $27.99 but has it ever been $20? Anyone remember?

#260 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2426 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

why am I thinking of shaq fu 2 for $16....

#261 wildthing2022000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

wildthing2022000

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Picked up a Cuphead art cell box. GCU didn't apply but I'm fine with $15 anyway.

Also went ahead and got Valkyria Revolution against my better judgment. Hopefully I'll find $7 worth of fun in it.

I got VR as well, came with the soundtrack and a pin so as long is it isn't Monopoly on the switch broken I'd say it's worth it. Also picked up the SF collection and Fate.

#262 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1024 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Any thoughts on the TB headsets? Are these at a good price? I’m just now getting into the market for one, so thanks in advance. My priorities are a crystal clear mic for my friends and decent audio for Hellblade.

#263 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

With the destiny $5sale, I think we saw the best of the summer deals....

I’m so glad I bought the Nintendo games I Did, during the time when BBY still had some sales even with GCU lol, because they turned out to be same prices

I think a lot of people echo my thoughts:BBY is no longer a retailer for video game deals ....

#264 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12769 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

With the destiny $5sale, I think we saw the best of the summer deals....

I’m so glad I bought the Nintendo games I Did, during the time when BBY still had some sales even with GCU lol, because they turned out to be same prices

I think a lot of people echo my thoughts:BBY is no longer a retailer for video game deals ....

Eh I just think you guys are butthurt about the ending of GCU, act all melodramatic about it, and will come running back the moment they have a good sale.  Looking at my purchase history with them, I've rarely bought games from them during the summer.

But if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, go for it.

#265 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   982 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Any thoughts on the TB headsets? Are these at a good price? I’m just now getting into the market for one, so thanks in advance. My priorities are a crystal clear mic for my friends and decent audio for Hellblade.

I'm an Astro fan. I also use the Gold Playstation headphones. My friend has Steelseries and really like it. I had TB wireless headset several years ago and it hurt to wear with my glasses. I also got a lot of interference so I'm hesitant to buy TB again.

#266 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

I've never had an opinion about a company this size flip so hard in such short time.

#267 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Eh I just think you guys are butthurt about the ending of GCU, act all melodramatic about it, and will come running back the moment they have a good sale. it.

The entire point is that not only have they discontinued GCU, but they haven't answered with anything in return, not even a solid sale. If their "black Friday" equivalent sale is this lackluster, how can a regular customer continue to have confidence in the company? I have my GCU through 2020, so your "just butthurt cuz GCU" is moot here. My opinion on the matter is as objective as can be.

#268 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

The entire point is that not only have they discontinued GCU, but they haven't answered with anything in return, not even a solid sale. If their "black Friday" equivalent sale is this lackluster, how can a once regular customer continue to have confidence in the company? I have my GCU through 2020, so your "just butthurt cuz GCU" is moot here. My opinion on the matter is as objective as can be.

They're not going to have crazy blowout replacement sales while many of still have GCU into 2020.

#269 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2109 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:03 PM

Personally I haven't had much luck with tb products. They either don't fit my head comfortably or I get the ones that break. Luckily before the return policy expires. So I don't buy them or tritans anymore.
I have razer and astro. I want to get another razer for my Xbox one to replace the standard headset that came with the system lol.

Oh also check out some ear buds if you like those.

#270 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

They're not going to have crazy blowout replacement sales while many of still have GCU into 2020.

So your advice is what, to not be competitive for the next two years?

They've had sales before, and with every single day, there are fewer GCU members. This means the amount of deals should steadily increase, not drastically decrease as it has been. They could have easily had competitive prices for this sale and make GCU ineligible, as they have for their actual BF ads. I think we've run out of justifications and excuses for them.

I'm not expecting blowout sales. Just...something. While I agree customers aren't "owed" anything especially if the GCU program was financially unstable, we are not to blame for the market standards THEY'VE helped create. They've dug their hole and they're only digging deeper. It's time to think up ideas to restore customer faith, not be antagonistic. Otherwise, basic economics tells us that we will absolutely be sucked up by another retailer, even if it's PSN and XBL themselves.