Shadow of war and season pass 19.99 total at gamestop ps4 only

Not to sound underhanded. Bur what if we return shadow of war? Will we get to keep the season pass? Or will there be a price difference in return value? I just need the season pass, got the game for $10 awhile ago.

Not to sound underhanded. Bur what if we return shadow of war? Will we get to keep the season pass? Or will there be a price difference in return value? I just need the season pass, got the game for $10 awhile ago.
If the employee knows about the promotion you will most likely get refused, possibly even tagged as a scammer. Otherwise, it should return for the full price. The game trades in for like $7 though, so why not just trade it in and eat the $3. Its still a fantastic deal, the season pass is still $40 on it's own.

If the employee knows about the promotion you will most likely get refused, possibly even tagged as a scammer. Otherwise, it should return for the full price. The game trades in for like $7 though, so why not just trade it in and eat the $3. Its still a fantastic deal, the season pass is still $40 on it's own.
I agree. I thought 20 for everything is amazing. I did nt own the game,been waiting for this price for the inevitable game of the year edition. I figure for it to be announced and drop to 20 dollars will take 6 months to a year though.

I would eat the $3. It will be more like $13 dollars at I only paid $10. Then having to pay $20 for the new product. Then my copy is new in plastic. So. I will see.

In my experience, I bet most employees don't even know this promo is going on and definitely won't remember it 30 days from now.

You do sound underhanded. I read your post as "How can I get away with a free season pass by abusing the return system?"

But who hasn't thought up thr idea of putting a game on pre-order for the beta codes or thr pre order bonus. Just to move the money to another game after they find out the game the pre ordered wasn't for them. After using a one time code. Hmm?

But who hasn't thought up thr idea of putting a game on pre-order for the beta codes or thr pre order bonus. Just to move the money to another game after they find out the game the pre ordered wasn't for them. After using a one time code. Hmm?
"after they find out the game the(y) pre ordered wasn't for them."

Those people didn't make the pre-order with the intent of abusing the system. They also didn't post to ask how to abuse the system with a lead of "Not to sound underhanded" (and then proceeding to sound exactly that)

Just picked up my copy and the GS employees were well aware of the promotion. Just a heads up though: I couldn't redeem my code on mobile, but it worked on desktop.

I redeemed mine in the store on my ps4. Worked fine.

It is in the weekly ad. I had to download the pdf and show her. The ad doesnt work on my phone. Not sure why.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI they patched out loot boxes, added skins, items, etc. to the game and I've been playing the DLC and it's decent. I don't regret paying 80 bucks at launch despite WB being to cheap for a steelbook. 

There are only two ways to buy video games now-a-days. 

1. Pre-order the latest "hot shit" online shooters for the preorder bonus, because these games generally are online focus (don't fall behind) and has active online player base for first 6 months before the flock migrate to the latest expansion DLC or the next "hot shit" game.  I usually have the "hot shit" physical disc in my console.

2. Wait for an year for the "game of the year" release with all the DLC included.   The implosive purchase is ok as their price dropped. These generally are single player or coop focus. I normally put them in my shelf of backlog, in case I break a leg or my internet provider or console network craps out.  Very much like the fire extinguisher, these are still under wrap for the "break glass in case of emergency" feel. 

There are only two ways to buy video games now-a-days.

1. Pre-order the latest "hot shit" online shooters for the preorder bonus, because these games generally are online focus (don't fall behind) and has active online player base for first 6 months before the flock migrate to the latest expansion DLC or the next "hot shit" game. I usually have the "hot shit" physical disc in my console.

2. Wait for an year for the "game of the year" release with all the DLC included. The implosive purchase is ok as their price dropped. These generally are single player or coop focus. I normally put them in my shelf of backlog, in case I break a leg or my internet provider or console network craps out. Very much like the fire extinguisher, these are still under wrap for the "break glass in case of emergency" feel.
What about buying the base game at a discounted price, and then picking up DLCs/season passes when their on sale separately.

I’ve been doing that more and more often, especially for games were GOTY editions only include the base game on disc, and offer the “additional” content as redeemable codes.

Damn, I really hate the pricing/release strategies of the industry at the moment.

I hate them too. 

I really was going to wait for the inevitable game of the year edition, but we know the drill. Once that comes out, it will be $60 dollars. So we have to wait for that to drop too down to $20 which will take 6 months to a year. I would rather just get this deal and not worry about it anymore.

What about buying the base game at a discounted price, and then picking up DLCs/season passes when their on sale separately.
This is my preferred way too, but the problem with that (at least on the Playstation Store) is that most DLC and season passes rarely go on sale. What you see more often is the 'ultimate edition' on sale which forces you to buy to the game again just to get a good deal on the DLC. So I'm definitely springing for this Gamestop deal so I don't have to wait for the eventual 'Game of the Year' version.

I went to into a Gamestop today and just as people have said, they were clueless about it.  

Anyway, I tried to buy a new copy and the code didn't print on the receipt.  I showed them their own weekly ad, and they said "while supplies last."  I didn't get any luck like some of these other stories of people getting one voided along with the game.

Ah well.  

If anybody wants the Gold Edition code for Xbox One, PM. $20 PayPal, and it's yours.

No longer available.

I went to into a Gamestop today and just as people have said, they were clueless about it.

Anyway, I tried to buy a new copy and the code didn't print on the receipt. I showed them their own weekly ad, and they said "while supplies last." I didn't get any luck like some of these other stories of people getting one voided along with the game.

Ah well.
Not sure if codes are allocated by store, but I just purchased my copy (6:43 cst) and the code printed on the receipt.

Not sure if codes are allocated by store, but I just purchased my copy (6:43 cst) and the code printed on the receipt.
Is it at the very, very bottom? I'm also CST. I'll try again at another store tomorrow.

I dunno what it is... some stores don't have it printed, and others do.

Is it at the very, very bottom? I'm also CST. I'll try again at another store tomorrow.

I dunno what it is... some stores don't have it printed, and others do.
Right above the "WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!" portion of the receipt and below a barcode.

I didn’t even bring it up. I just asked for a sealed copy and got a code on the receipt. Idk why this game isn’t selling well

I just bought it last week, thankfully had the receipt and hadn't opened it.  Did the ol' return and re-buy and it worked swimmingly.

Got a copy today and had no problems. Guy told me I got the season pass with it before I could make sure it printed out

No need to apologize. It's better to take advantage of Gamestop than to be this guy:

gamestop_zpsbef18c4f.jpg

bread's done
Back