* - - - - 1 votes

Shadow of war and season pass 19.99 total at gamestop ps4 only

#31 xxGBZxx  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

There are only two ways to buy video games now-a-days. 

1. Pre-order the latest "hot shit" online shooters for the preorder bonus, because these games generally are online focus (don't fall behind) and has active online player base for first 6 months before the flock migrate to the latest expansion DLC or the next "hot shit" game.  I usually have the "hot shit" physical disc in my console.

2. Wait for an year for the "game of the year" release with all the DLC included.   The implosive purchase is ok as their price dropped. These generally are single player or coop focus. I normally put them in my shelf of backlog, in case I break a leg or my internet provider or console network craps out.  Very much like the fire extinguisher, these are still under wrap for the "break glass in case of emergency" feel. 

#32 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Wtf did I just read?

#33 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:26 PM

Wow bestbuy’s deal of the day is destiny 2 with expansion pass for $20

#34 dwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

There are only two ways to buy video games now-a-days.

1. Pre-order the latest "hot shit" online shooters for the preorder bonus, because these games generally are online focus (don't fall behind) and has active online player base for first 6 months before the flock migrate to the latest expansion DLC or the next "hot shit" game. I usually have the "hot shit" physical disc in my console.

2. Wait for an year for the "game of the year" release with all the DLC included. The implosive purchase is ok as their price dropped. These generally are single player or coop focus. I normally put them in my shelf of backlog, in case I break a leg or my internet provider or console network craps out. Very much like the fire extinguisher, these are still under wrap for the "break glass in case of emergency" feel.

What about buying the base game at a discounted price, and then picking up DLCs/season passes when their on sale separately.

I’ve been doing that more and more often, especially for games were GOTY editions only include the base game on disc, and offer the “additional” content as redeemable codes.

Damn, I really hate the pricing/release strategies of the industry at the moment.

#35 erikjo  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

I hate them too. 

I really was going to wait for the inevitable game of the year edition, but we know the drill. Once that comes out, it will be $60 dollars. So we have to wait for that to drop too down to $20 which will take 6 months to a year. I would rather just get this deal and not worry about it anymore.

#36 Alpha-Strider  

Alpha-Strider

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

What about buying the base game at a discounted price, and then picking up DLCs/season passes when their on sale separately.

This is my preferred way too, but the problem with that (at least on the Playstation Store) is that most DLC and season passes rarely go on sale. What you see more often is the 'ultimate edition' on sale which forces you to buy to the game again just to get a good deal on the DLC. So I'm definitely springing for this Gamestop deal so I don't have to wait for the eventual 'Game of the Year' version.

#37 ck0  

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:41 PM

I went to into a Gamestop today and just as people have said, they were clueless about it.  

Anyway, I tried to buy a new copy and the code didn't print on the receipt.  I showed them their own weekly ad, and they said "while supplies last."  I didn't get any luck like some of these other stories of people getting one voided along with the game.

Ah well.  

#38 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

If anybody wants the Gold Edition code for Xbox One, PM. $20 PayPal, and it's yours.

No longer available.

#39 Beta1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Beta1986

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:43 PM

I went to into a Gamestop today and just as people have said, they were clueless about it.

Anyway, I tried to buy a new copy and the code didn't print on the receipt. I showed them their own weekly ad, and they said "while supplies last." I didn't get any luck like some of these other stories of people getting one voided along with the game.

Ah well.

Not sure if codes are allocated by store, but I just purchased my copy (6:43 cst) and the code printed on the receipt.

#40 ck0  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:02 AM

Not sure if codes are allocated by store, but I just purchased my copy (6:43 cst) and the code printed on the receipt.

Is it at the very, very bottom?  I'm also CST.  I'll try again at another store tomorrow.

I dunno what it is... some stores don't have it printed, and others do.

#41 Beta1986   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Beta1986

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

Is it at the very, very bottom?  I'm also CST.  I'll try again at another store tomorrow.

Right above the "WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!" portion of the receipt and below a barcode. 

• ck0 likes this

#42 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

I didn’t even bring it up. I just asked for a sealed copy and got a code on the receipt. Idk why this game isn’t selling well

#43 jrzshore   Long Time Lurker, X Time Poster CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:30 AM

I just bought it last week, thankfully had the receipt and hadn't opened it.  Did the ol' return and re-buy and it worked swimmingly.

#44 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 06:07 AM

It's the expansion pass. The $40 one.

So it is the actual full $40 expansion pass with the 2 Orc tribes & the 2 story DLC’s & not the $25 story pass with just the 2 story DLC’s?

#45 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

So it is the actual full $40 expansion pass with the 2 Orc tribes & the 2 story DLC’s & not the $25 story pass with just the 2 story DLC’s?

Yes you get all four.

#46 HeroOfTime88  

HeroOfTime88

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:09 PM

Just got it thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#47 rhaas  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Got a copy today and had no problems. Guy told me I got the season pass with it before I could make sure it printed out

#48 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2901 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

Traded my copy of Shadow of War and bought a new copy with pass without an issue

#49 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1867 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Not to sound underhanded. Bur what if we return shadow of war? Will we get to keep the season pass? Or will there be a price difference in return value? I just need the season pass, got the game for $10 awhile ago.

No need to apologize. It's better to take advantage of Gamestop than to be this guy:

gamestop_zpsbef18c4f.jpg?w=600

#50 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

Did you ever get that figured out? I'm thinking of giving this a shot before the ad ends. 

#51 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

Bought this yesterday afternoon and the code printed with no issues.

#52 Burchamj   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

Still going on today?

#53 ck0  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

Did you ever get that figured out? I'm thinking of giving this a shot before the ad ends. 

Too friggin' hot yesterday, and I convinced myself not to go.  Too backlogged to even play the DLC anyway, so it'd be $20 for nothing.  And I really didn't want to spend another 30 minutes of my life and come up with nothing again. (15 minutes drive each way to a Gamestop)

Having said that, I'll try again in a couple of hours.  I need to put a pre-order down for that RDR 2 GS-only Ultimate Edition.  Trade in this other copy of SOW to the next-door BB for $10, so really the SP would be about $10 after all.  

#54 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14848 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

Still going on today?

Through Tuesday night

#55 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:11 PM

does anyone know if there has ever been a game that got a goty/complete/ultimate edition after having a gold edition?

#56 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

Anyone played the DLC before? Thoughts on it?

#57 ck0  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

Alright I just came back and it worked!

The code on the receipt is where Beta1986 said it was.  

If you don't ask for a new copy, they'll automatically ring you up a used copy.  If you ask for a new copy, they'll tell you about how the used copy is cheaper.  But besides that, the guy looked up the stock on the computer and said there was none within 200 miles.  This is wrong (at least for games on sale).

Politely ask them to check the drawers.  When a game goes on sale or has some sort of promotion, it gets removed from the inventory systems.  (I believe the website is accurate for availability if you choose the in-store pick-up option)

If you want to get this, I'd suggest you hurry because limited copies of new is a real thing.  The code on the receipt says it expires 12/31/2018 (4 months from now)

----

I felt good about the win and PO'ed RDR2 UE there too to help him get his preorder numbers up.  When I did this, he went on about POing the new Spider-Man, and a slew of other upcoming games.  Then went on about these new DC/Anime figures, which looked pretty cool IMO.  But I was in a hurry to trade in SOW at BB.  

Came out of BB and got $11.17 on GC.  

#58 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Just got it in store and printed on the receipt no problem

#59 jatty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:10 AM

Worked perfectly today. I own the game digitally and just wanted season pass. The guy let me buy the game and trade it back in used in same transaction.

#60 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4146 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Anyone have issues with returning this? Feel bad abusing the system but they are objectively the worst