Splatoon 2 $52.99 GCU $42.39

Mario tennis aces $52.99 GCU $42.39

Mario kart 8 $54.99 GCU $43.99

super Mario odyssey $49.99 GCU $39.99

Zelda: Breath of the Wild $54.99 GCU $43.99

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze $53.99 GCU $43.19

Fire Emblem Warriors $49.99 GCU $39.99

Atelier Lydie & Suelle: Alchemists of the Mysterious Painting $29.99 GCU $23.99

These were posted earlier this week, but the only deal of real note was Kirby Star Allies and it has since gone back to $59.99.

It's actually insulting that Nintendo considers $5-7 off a $60 game to be a sale.
Eh, Nintendo games go on sale so infrequently that these aren't that bad if you factor in GCU, but yeah nothing crazy for anyone who has had a Switch for a while. Most Switch owners have probably already bought most of these games, at least any that they had interest in. I have a friend who just got a Switch though and for him, $40 Mario Odyssey is a pretty solid deal.

Since we're all bashing on nintendo here, I just want to say the joycon is one of the worst controllers of all time and totally inaccurate for all but the most casual of games. Ruins handheld mode completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo games hold their value. Its not their problem you're a poor as kid. Maybe get another console that price drops games within 3 weeks?
Same game, N=$60 ps4/xbox=$25
New release games, many are $10 more on the switch... for no reason.

They “hold their value” because people just pay the N tax.

Nintendo games hold their value. Its not their problem you're a poor as kid. Maybe get another console that price drops games within 3 weeks?
Wow!
Over react much?!

Anyway, yes they hold their value, especially the first party games.
I like any discount. Anything helps and if you still have GCU it makes it cheaper than used with the Elite at Gamestop (if you still have that too).
With Nintendo, first party games especially, take what you can get and run with it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Same game, N=$60 ps4/xbox=$25
New release games, many are $10 more on the switch... for no reason.

They “hold their value” because people just pay the N tax.
Cool story bro. Show us some of those examples!

Pretty sure every game in the OP is Switch only (maybe there last game isn't). But again, super cool make-up story.

I guess you need to try and point out a re-release on Switch that came out years ago on XB/PS4 that is cheaper, right?

Just admit it - you poor and can't afford it.

They only "hold their value" because Nintendo's only competition is Nintendo. Their consoles don't get many 3rd party games.

You think Arms is still $60 because it's worth the money? You think Mario Tennis Aces will still be $60 in 4 years because it's worth it?

Nintendo fanbois are the same as Trump supporters. They’ll excuse anything.

I mean I love my Switch, but the Nintendo tax is garbage.

Since we're all bashing on nintendo here, I just want to say the joycon is one of the worst controllers of all time and totally inaccurate for all but the most casual of games. Ruins handheld mode completely.
I wouldn't say they are the worst controllers of all-time, but they certainly aren't great for a lot of 2D games. I am going to try out that Hori JoyCon with the actual Dpad when it comes out next month, but I do hope Nintendo releases some better JoyCons in the near future.

Cool story bro. Show us some of those examples!

Pretty sure every game in the OP is Switch only (maybe there last game isn't). But again, super cool make-up story.

I guess you need to try and point out a re-release on Switch that came out years ago on XB/PS4 that is cheaper, right?

Just admit it - you poor and can't afford it.
Why does it matter to you what someone can and can't afford in the first place? I am sure he can afford to buy a video game, but this is Cheap Ass Gamer and the point of this forum is to discuss deals and gaming on the cheap.

Also not every game that is multi-platform on across all three platforms is more expensive on Switch. There are definitely several, but it also does cost more to produce the Switch carts than it does a Blu-Ray disc.

Imagine being this much of a condescending twat.
Imagine everyone claiming a switch tax with no examples but PS4/XB = $25 and SWITCH = $60. With no examples.

I await those examples which will be re-releases new to the platform and titles that are 2-3 years older on others. Its really sad and pathetic, but I expect them none the less from people.

Again, buy cheap old games if you can't afford quality titles.

Imagine everyone claiming a switch tax with no examples but PS4/XB = $25 and SWITCH = $60. With no examples.

I await those examples which will be re-releases new to the platform and titles that are 2-3 years older on others. Its really sad and pathetic, but I expect them none the less from people.

Again, buy cheap old games if you can't afford quality titles.
Off the dome, I remember Rime being $10 more on Switch than other platforms for literally no reason.

And nobody owes you shit. You’re talking down to everyone and being an asshole.

Do you not know what forums you’re on, Mr Moneybags?

QdZZKDm.gif

I actually feel the complete opposite. I love playing almost any game with the joy cons because I can lounge easier haha.

I also enjoy the rumble and while the d-pad sucks I get why it sucks.... which makes the suck just a tiny bit less.....very tiny.

They only "hold their value" because Nintendo's only competition is Nintendo. Their consoles don't get many 3rd party games.

You think Arms is still $60 because it's worth the money? You think Mario Tennis Aces will still be $60 in 4 years because it's worth it?
Exactly. I love Nintendo and understand why they might want to keep their games that high in price. But by leaving the blanket statement "Nintendo games hold their value" is shortsighted because that would imply a game like ARMS is more popular than something like the new God of War, which is not the case whatsoever (high demand = high price, so why does the game that's in lower demand have a higher price than a record breaking game like GoW?). If anything, it's games like GoW that would make more sense to remain at $60 until sales fall. Nintendo has a superiority complex. I love their hardware and games but I'm not about to willingly go blind to their blatant faults.

And you keep a post about someone calling ME an asshole. I'll report that right now for removal!

BYE!
Why would anyone remove posts after the big boss man has already seen them and commented twice?

And if someone calling you an asshole on the internet gets you this upset, I think you need to take a break from the internet.

Lol @ people confused why these are priced the way they are...apparently they're selling decently and Nintendo is discounting slightly for this sale. 

Then, you look at a current game like Sushi Striker (even FE: Warriors can be taken into account) or past games like Chibi Robo Ziplash or Codename S.T.E.A.M. and see that they drop the prices on stuff that isn't moving when necessary.

Yeah, it's not awesome for consumers, but people will clamor more when these FP Nintendo sales happen. It's kind of like the artificial exclusivity tactic Nintendo has use for years, but it applies to their game pricing.

Off the dome, I remember Rime being $10 more on Switch than other platforms for literally no reason.

The reason is probably the cartridge itself. Assuming that cartridges are still expensive to make like the n64 days

It's actually insulting that Nintendo considers $5-7 off a $60 game to be a sale.
I'm not so sure it's Nintendo so much as it is Best Buy. These prices have been live for quite a while now and are definitely not part of the weekly sales, which a deal coming from Nintendo would be. That plus the fact that Kirby went back to normal price mid-week after a bunch more people got in on the sale price tells me that this is just Best Buy trying to move stock.

Seriously considering Mario tennis aces. It hasn't been out that long and I'm not sure when it will go back on sale. $42 is not that bad for a recently released game from Nintendo.
I will continue to wait for donkey Kong to drop further to get it.

Wow... someone get defensive.

And like someone else pointed out, look at the first party games on 3ds/wii u etc. still full retail after 5+ years.

Some games are still worth it at full retail (octopath) and some are not.. i try to wait for a sale at BB so i can use gcu as well.

If you want to pay $100 for a game that is $10 elsewhere... i really dont care. Personally, i came to *cheap* ass gamer looking to spend less.

Seriously considering Mario tennis aces. It hasn't been out that long and I'm not sure when it will go back on sale. $42 is not that bad for a recently released game from Nintendo.
I will continue to wait for donkey Kong to drop further to get it.
Good bargain and it's been getting lots of balance patches and updates. I got Titan Quest today, I know I don't know what I was/am thinking, but Tennis is next on my hit list.

It's not for no reason. The switch uses proprietary cartridges for games so they cost more to put out games for it and the publishers that aren't Nintendo push that cost along to you the consumer. That's why physical copies of games like steamworld dig 2 are $30 instead of $15 like they are digitally. It's also why the MegaMan collections are one cartridge and a download instead of two cartridges. I think the cost was anywhere from like 5-10 dollars a cartridge so that's why Nintendo games are usually that much more for ports sometimes or physical versions of digital games.

It's not for no reason. The switch uses proprietary cartridges for games so they cost more to put out games for it and the publishers that aren't Nintendo push that cost along to you the consumer. That's why physical copies of games like steamworld dig 2 are $30 instead of $15 like they are digitally. It's also why the MegaMan collections are one cartridge and a download instead of two cartridges. I think the cost was anywhere from like 5-10 dollars a cartridge so that's why Nintendo games are usually that much more for ports sometimes or physical versions of digital games.
By that admission Vita games should have cost more than PS4 games. It’s a BS argument and the market has proven that.

By that admission Vita games should have cost more than PS4 games. It’s a BS argument and the market has proven that.
Get angry all you want but that's the reason. Do some research it's been openly talked about. It's also a liscensing thing not a materials cost so Sony could have had a smaller fee to make Vita cards than Nintendo does.

Just take a look at Apple products. The reason why a off brand lightning cable costs more than an off brand micro/USBC is because you need to pay Apple for each cable that uses their proprietary port/cable.

I agree it's stupid and Nintendo being in the bind they were in with the wiiu probably should take it easier especially with third party publishers but that's their choice it's just business.

What has the market proven exactly though? Sorry I'm not following you on that if you could elaborate please.

bread's done
Back