- - - - -

Free Redbox game rental for one night until Aug 13th (DEAD)

#1 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2128 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:14 PM

It works on any PS4 or Xbox One game, although they don't have a ton of games to choose from, they do have quite a few newer games. Just add it to your cart and it'll show zero then go pick it up. This is the perfect opportunity for me to check out Detroit.

https://www.gamespot...h/1100-6461007/

PS4

http://www.redbox.co...owse/ps4-games#

Xbox One

http://www.redbox.co.../xboxone-games#

Just remember if you keep it past 9pm the next day you'll be charged $3 per day after. 

#2 ec91762  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 11:32 PM

Thanks man! I think I'm with you there and I'll give Detroit a chance (this weekend when I have time)

#3 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:39 AM

Thanks man! I think I'm with you there and I'll give Detroit a chance (this weekend when I have time)

Detroit was soooo good. You'll want to buy it when your done. Best of the Quantic Dream games. One of the best of the genre period and I've played all Quantic Dream games and most of the telltale games.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

#4 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:36 AM

Does Detroit have that much replayability?  

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.  I try and use these free rental periods to beat games I haven't gotten around to buying.  This week will be CoD WW2.

#5 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1071 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:38 AM

Thank you! 

#6 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2128 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Yes there's branching paths based off your choices. 

#7 ec91762  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Detroit was soooo good. You'll want to buy it when your done. Best of the Quantic Dream games. One of the best of the genre period and I've played all Quantic Dream games and most of the telltale games.

If it's as good as you say I'm definitely excited for this weekend! If I like it I'll probably just get it Black Friday only 3.5 more months. Hopefully I can knock out 4 games from this backlog 😂

#8 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2128 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:25 AM

Used my girlfriend's account to re-rent Detroit free a second night lol. (of course had to return the copy I had and get another one) Really enjoying it. 

#9 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

such a good parody post

#10 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:35 AM

such a good parody post

??? I actually really liked this game lol

#11 RogueGinger  

RogueGinger

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:51 AM

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I try and use these free rental periods to beat games I haven't gotten around to buying. This week will be CoD WW2.

I almost never replay games, even ones in this genre and I eventually want to replay it. There are so many branching paths and variables that can make a second play through vastly different.

#12 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2691 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

??? I actually really liked this game lol

please go to the hospital immediately, because you have a brain emergency

#13 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

Used my girlfriend's account to re-rent Detroit free a second night lol. (of course had to return the copy I had and get another one) Really enjoying it. 

This redbox promo might be different than past ones, but they've been doing these free game rental weeks pretty regularly for the past year and you're always able to rent repeatedly with the same account, i.e., you don't need to use another account for more free games. I've rented the same game like 4 times within ones of these weeks before.

#14 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

I just wanna Detroit smash

#15 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2128 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

This redbox promo might be different than past ones, but they've been doing these free game rental weeks pretty regularly for the past year and you're always able to rent repeatedly with the same account, i.e., you don't need to use another account for more free games. I've rented the same game like 4 times within ones of these weeks before.

You're right I didn't even try it, just now did it and still showed $0. 

#16 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4701 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:55 AM

Yeah, I've had the same copy of CoD WW2 every night.  Rent it, return it, go inside Walmart and pick up a few items and while I'm in there open the app and rent CoD for free again, pay for my items, go outside and pick up my rental, repeat.

#17 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8165 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:04 AM

rented Hotel Transylvania 3...............at first it wasnt too bad........then it got really annoying with not being able to pull up a map. Couldnt even get off the 1st island.

#18 JCDogg911   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JCDogg911

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:42 AM

Just rented we happy few. Had to wait till 12 but it showed up and was a free rental

#19 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

Just rented we happy few. Had to wait till 12 but it showed up and was a free rental

The day 1 patch is real with this one. 8GB on PS4 FYI to anyone with that rural internet.

#20 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:45 PM

The day 1 patch is real with this one. 8GB on PS4 FYI to anyone with that rural internet.

It's optional. I've played a few hours of the game without a patch and I haven't encountered any bugs.

#21 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

It's optional. I've played a few hours of the game without a patch and I haven't encountered any bugs.

Read the patch notes and they fixed game ending bugs with this patch. I dont know how far into the game they come up but if you can spare the time it's worth patching.

#22 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Read the patch notes and they fixed game ending bugs with this patch. I dont know how far into the game they come up but if you can spare the time it's worth patching.

I don't patch any of my games and time isn't the issue. It's important to me that all games remain playable long after official support has been dropped and the only way that can be achieved is if the entire game is on the disc.

#23 ec91762  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

Actually this may be the better way to go, I'm doing this one! Thanks for letting me know it's part of the free rental!

#24 barongan  

barongan

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

That's interesting!o.png

#25 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15537 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:17 PM

Thanks OP. Grabbed We Happy Few. Didn't have this game on my radar but looks worth free at least.

#26 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2128 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:17 PM

Actually this may be the better way to go, I'm doing this one! Thanks for letting me know it's part of the free rental!

comment_lavPfDdRae72gkjghH6Ya4CC1q5LPlie

Detroit and WHF. Just need to make two accounts. 

#27 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:25 AM

Detroit and WHF. Just need to make two accounts. 

Multiple accounts aren't needed. You can get an unlimited number of free rentals on one account (2 per credit card). You just need to order them seperately, as long as your cart always contains only one game the discount will work repeatedly.

#28 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2855 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:36 PM

Rented Crew 2 to tide me over until FH4, not bad.  Returned then used wifes account, but also noticed I can rent free again on mine, so will try that tomorrow for 3 nights in a row.

#29 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

Tried to take advantage of this and have used Redbox too many times to count, tried two different types of credit cards (Visa and Mastercard), both returned an error message.

"This card not approved for games"

WTF is that?

#30 Wazootyman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Wazootyman

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

Wish these promos weren't only through the app. I'm in Seattle, which is a Switch test market, but, alas, no Switch games in the app.

Rented We Happy Few instead