Free Redbox game rental for one night until Aug 13th (DEAD)

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
It works on any PS4 or Xbox One game, although they don't have a ton of games to choose from, they do have quite a few newer games. Just add it to your cart and it'll show zero then go pick it up. This is the perfect opportunity for me to check out Detroit.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-ps4-or-xbox-one-game-rental-no-strings-attach/1100-6461007/

PS4

http://www.redbox.com/browse/ps4-games#

Xbox One

http://www.redbox.com/browse/xboxone-games#

Just remember if you keep it past 9pm the next day you'll be charged $3 per day after. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! I think I'm with you there and I'll give Detroit a chance (this weekend when I have time)

Thanks man! I think I'm with you there and I'll give Detroit a chance (this weekend when I have time)
Detroit was soooo good. You'll want to buy it when your done. Best of the Quantic Dream games. One of the best of the genre period and I've played all Quantic Dream games and most of the telltale games.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Does Detroit have that much replayability?  

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.  I try and use these free rental periods to beat games I haven't gotten around to buying.  This week will be CoD WW2.

Detroit was soooo good. You'll want to buy it when your done. Best of the Quantic Dream games. One of the best of the genre period and I've played all Quantic Dream games and most of the telltale games.

If it's as good as you say I'm definitely excited for this weekend! If I like it I'll probably just get it Black Friday only 3.5 more months. Hopefully I can knock out 4 games from this backlog 😂

Used my girlfriend's account to re-rent Detroit free a second night lol. (of course had to return the copy I had and get another one) Really enjoying it. 

such a good parody post

Does Detroit have that much replayability?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I try and use these free rental periods to beat games I haven't gotten around to buying. This week will be CoD WW2.
I almost never replay games, even ones in this genre and I eventually want to replay it. There are so many branching paths and variables that can make a second play through vastly different.

Used my girlfriend's account to re-rent Detroit free a second night lol. (of course had to return the copy I had and get another one) Really enjoying it.
This redbox promo might be different than past ones, but they've been doing these free game rental weeks pretty regularly for the past year and you're always able to rent repeatedly with the same account, i.e., you don't need to use another account for more free games. I've rented the same game like 4 times within ones of these weeks before.

This redbox promo might be different than past ones, but they've been doing these free game rental weeks pretty regularly for the past year and you're always able to rent repeatedly with the same account, i.e., you don't need to use another account for more free games. I've rented the same game like 4 times within ones of these weeks before.
You're right I didn't even try it, just now did it and still showed $0.

Yeah, I've had the same copy of CoD WW2 every night. Rent it, return it, go inside Walmart and pick up a few items and while I'm in there open the app and rent CoD for free again, pay for my items, go outside and pick up my rental, repeat.

rented Hotel Transylvania 3...............at first it wasnt too bad........then it got really annoying with not being able to pull up a map. Couldnt even get off the 1st island.

It's optional. I've played a few hours of the game without a patch and I haven't encountered any bugs.
Read the patch notes and they fixed game ending bugs with this patch. I dont know how far into the game they come up but if you can spare the time it's worth patching.

Read the patch notes and they fixed game ending bugs with this patch. I dont know how far into the game they come up but if you can spare the time it's worth patching.
I don't patch any of my games and time isn't the issue. It's important to me that all games remain playable long after official support has been dropped and the only way that can be achieved is if the entire game is on the disc.

Actually this may be the better way to go, I'm doing this one! Thanks for letting me know it's part of the free rental!
comment_lavPfDdRae72gkjghH6Ya4CC1q5LPlie,w400.jpg

Detroit and WHF. Just need to make two accounts.

Rented Crew 2 to tide me over until FH4, not bad.  Returned then used wifes account, but also noticed I can rent free again on mine, so will try that tomorrow for 3 nights in a row.

Tried to take advantage of this and have used Redbox too many times to count, tried two different types of credit cards (Visa and Mastercard), both returned an error message.

"This card not approved for games"

WTF is that?

Wish these promos weren't only through the app. I'm in Seattle, which is a Switch test market, but, alas, no Switch games in the app.

Rented We Happy Few instead

Tried to take advantage of this and have used Redbox too many times to count, tried two different types of credit cards (Visa and Mastercard), both returned an error message.

WTF is that?
No one else is having issues I'd call Redbox or your bank and ask the reason why it's not approving your cards.

WTF is that?
Yup happened to me too. No fix I know of.

Rented Crew 2 to tide me over until FH4, not bad. Returned then used wifes account, but also noticed I can rent free again on mine, so will try that tomorrow for 3 nights in a row.
On my 3rd day of Crew 2, starting to like the game even more now, hopefully will price drop to 29.99 soon.

WTF is that?
Card has been banned. Its what happens when you rent out so many times within a short period. Happened to me sometime last year. No way to undo it

WTF is that?
Had this happen to me before and most recently yesterday. Rented both MHW & Fallout 4 on 9th. Returned them on 10th and rented Madden 19. Returned that yesterday and picked up MHW again. When I tried to get Fallout, it declined my card. Got the same message on my back up card.

Thought they just limited my account from renting games because in the past when my main cc was blocked, my backup would work fine. Then today I tried for Fallout again on my backup card, it went through ok. Kinda weird, but whatever it's working again

I pulled up the app and used the exact same card and it worked just fine. Previously I was using the actual website and that's where I was getting the error.

You guys got me worried. When redbox runs a promo like this, I keep renting 2x at a time, then return and rent again. Never had any issues though. 

Free game rental back, 2 per account.  I got my first paper disc today, what a shot to the soul, and lack of trust in humanity, douchebag!

bread's done
Back