- - - - -

Free Redbox game rental for one night until Aug 13th (DEAD)

#31 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:30 PM

Tried to take advantage of this and have used Redbox too many times to count, tried two different types of credit cards (Visa and Mastercard), both returned an error message.

"This card not approved for games"

WTF is that?

No one else is having issues I'd call Redbox or your bank and ask the reason why it's not approving your cards. 

#32 Kotor15   Okay kiddos, prepare to be schooled CAGiversary!   3050 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

Tried to take advantage of this and have used Redbox too many times to count, tried two different types of credit cards (Visa and Mastercard), both returned an error message.

WTF is that?

Yup happened to me too. No fix I know of.

#33 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:52 PM

Rented we happy few. Thanks for the tip

#34 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2854 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:10 PM

Rented Crew 2 to tide me over until FH4, not bad.  Returned then used wifes account, but also noticed I can rent free again on mine, so will try that tomorrow for 3 nights in a row.

On my 3rd day of Crew 2, starting to like the game even more now, hopefully will price drop to 29.99 soon.

#35 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:08 PM

WTF is that?

Card has been banned. Its what happens when you rent out so many times within a short period. Happened to me sometime last year. No way to undo it

#36 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

Card has been banned. Its what happens when you rent out so many times within a short period. Happened to me sometime last year. No way to undo it

Great reward system for their best customers!

#37 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:19 AM

WTF is that?

Had this happen to me before and most recently yesterday. Rented both MHW & Fallout 4 on 9th. Returned them on 10th and rented Madden 19. Returned that yesterday and picked up MHW again. When I tried to get Fallout, it declined my card. Got the same message on my back up card.

Thought they just limited my account from renting games because in the past when my main cc was blocked, my backup would work fine. Then today I tried for Fallout again on my backup card, it went through ok. Kinda weird, but whatever it's working again

#38 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:32 AM

I pulled up the app and used the exact same card and it worked just fine. Previously I was using the actual website and that's where I was getting the error.

#39 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1020 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:45 PM

You guys got me worried. When redbox runs a promo like this, I keep renting 2x at a time, then return and rent again. Never had any issues though.