Help me help my friend, win a $20 Playstation Store card

Danimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Hey Everyone.

Some of you may remember other giveaways I've done here over the years; I've given away games, gift cards, even a DVD set or two back in the days before streaming.  I hope I've built up some good will and good karma, and that CAGs will come out in force now to help me help out a very dear friend of mine (and get a chance at winning a Playstation Store $20 card for their trouble)

My friend's name is Olivia Frances.  She is a very talented singer/songwriter, and she's entered her song "Moon to My Sun" into a songwriting competition being put on by the "And The Writer Is..." podcast.  The winner will be determined by whoever receives the most votes online.  The winner will get to appear on the podcast, which has over a million listeners.

To enter this contest, click the link below and vote for Olivia Frances.  You'll need to have a Facebook account.  Post in here and let me know you voted for her, and you'll be entered.  If you can provide proof of your vote, that would be great, but I trust CAGs and I'm willing to go with the honor system (please be honorable  O:))

We've hit the 10 vote mark, so I'll be drawing at least one winner, and giving away a $20 PS Store card.  If we get at least 50 votes, I'll draw two winners, and give away a $25 PS Store card and a $20 PS Store card.  If we hit 50 or more votes and she wins, I'll draw 3 winners and add in a grand prize, and buy someone a game of their choice, up to $60.

Here's the link:

https://www.hive.co/l/7xx28

If anyone can get their friends, siblings, parents, cousins, whoever, to vote for Olivia as well, that would be much appreciated.  Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted and shared to my FB and Twitter. 

Don't worry about entering me into your contest.

Random acts of kindness...

I'm helping you help your friend.

For some reason I couldn't get the song to play from the linked page, though I tried in multiple browsers. Finally I went to the contest home page and was able to play the song and give it a vote from the top mixes list. On a positive note, I like your friend's voice. Thanks for sharing her with us.

For some reason I couldn't get the song to play from the linked page, though I tried in multiple browsers. Finally I went to the contest home page and was able to play the song and give it a vote from the top mixes list. On a positive note, I like your friend's voice. Thanks for sharing her with us.
Yeah, there's some kind of weird glitch with it where, whenever you use a direct link for a person, their song won't play. I couldn't get it to play, a few of my friends had the same issue, even Olivia said it didn't play for her using the direct link. I found direct links for a few of the other people entered into the contest, and it was the same thing; their songs wouldn't play, either. If you scroll down and find Olivia's song among all the others (at the moment, she's in 10th place), it should play there. It's bizarre.

Thank you for the vote! It's much appreciated!

I just voted, looks like there are only a handful of people above her. I will see if I can get any friends/family to toss some votes on! I've entered these types of things before, I know how much each single vote counts. I came in second place for the one I entered by about 13 votes. 

Fingers crossed for you and your friend!!

Voted her up to 55.  I'd have paste din a screen shot, but I'm not allowed to use the extention for pasted images.

Thanks so much to everyone who's voted for Olivia so far!  And thanks very much DomPaolo for getting the family involved!  That's awesome!

Voted and shared!

ULIU5N0.png

Awesome!   Thanks guys!  She's inching up the chart.  She was in 10th or 11th place when I started this thread, now she's up to 6th.  The top spot is still a long way off, but the competition runs for another month and a half, so there's still plenty of time!  Thanks for sharing it, sayu!

She's quite a few votes behind at this point, but I'm still trying, asking everyone I can think of to vote for her. Some do, some don't. Every vote helps, though. Thanks for voting for her.
That sucks. When does that contest end? I'll try to get more people to vote for her.

That sucks. When does that contest end? I'll try to get more people to vote for her.
I'm not sure of the exact end date, but it says that it ends in a month, so it must run through September. That would be great if you can get more people to throw her a vote. Anyone with their own Facebook account; siblings, friends, cousins, co-workers, whatever. I talked to an old friend today who has a MUCH bigger social media footprint than me, and she said she was going to reach out to everyone she knows, so I'm hoping to see her vote total shoot up a bit. I really appreciate the help!

Just bumping this to let anyone reading this thread know that this is still going on.  I know this contest is taking a lot longer to wrap up than usual, but I'll pick a winner (or winners) when the competition that my friend is in concludes (roughly a month from now).  

She could still really use more votes, and it takes less than a minute to throw her a vote.  If she ever plays near you and you get the chance to hear her play and meet her, you'll understand why I'm trying so hard to help her win this.

https://www.hive.co/contests/contest/9942/spotlight/?e=6491348

I know I said I was going to leave this contest open until my friend's competition concluded at the end of this month, but I'm going to put it out of it's misery and draw a winner this afternoon/evening after I get home from work.  

Doesn't seem to be much point in leaving it open anymore.  The last vote this contest brought in was 10 days ago.  My friend has been sitting at 97 votes for over a week while the people at the top of the leaderboard keep pushing farther and farther ahead.  Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Good luck and thanks again to everyone who voted for Olivia.

I know I said I was going to leave this contest open until my friend's competition concluded at the end of this month, but I'm going to put it out of it's misery and draw a winner this afternoon/evening after I get home from work.
Sorry, crazy busy day today, and no time to do it now. I'll pull a winner this weekend.

As always, I'm using random.org to draw our winner.  And the winner is.... DomPaolo!  Congrats DomPaolo; I'll be contacting you via pm later today with your code.  Thanks very much again to everyone who voted for Olivia!  It is truly appreciated.

This contest has been my farewell to CheapAssGamer.  I joined CAG a few months after it was formed, way back in 2003.  For a lot of years, I pretty much lived on this site.  I've found a lot of good deals, and made some good friends here over the years, but all good things come to an end.  Thanks once more to everyone who entered any of the contests I ran here over the years.  I hope they were fun.

As always, I'm using random.org to draw our winner. And the winner is.... DomPaolo! Congrats DomPaolo; I'll be contacting you via pm later today with your code. Thanks very much again to everyone who voted for Olivia! It is truly appreciated.

This contest has been my farewell to CheapAssGamer. I joined CAG a few months after it was formed, way back in 2003. For a lot of years, I pretty much lived on this site. I've found a lot of good deals, and made some good friends here over the years, but all good things come to an end. Thanks once more to everyone who entered any of the contests I ran here over the years. I hope they were fun.
Oh wow, this is much appreciated! Thank you very much!

Hate to see you go though, don't leave us Danimal-less on CAG!!

bread's done
Back