As title states:

X1

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5784597

PS4

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=5784594

#2 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:27 PM

Came here to post this. I feel these deals are getting noticed by the usual OPs less frequently due to the overall underwhelming BB ads. Glad to see these still come around once in a while.

Next up for $20 - GCU:
The Evil Within 2
OnRush
Persona 5
MLB The Show 18
DS Remastered
Shadow of the Colossus
Ni No Kuni II
AC Origins

#3 ec91762  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

It's a pretty good game! Definitely worth it at this price!

#4 pentupanger   Pent CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

pentupanger

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:24 PM

Some of these are not showing on the BB website.  Where do you see them listed at that price?

OnRush isn't the same as "Rush" ... not sure if that was a mistake or not.

#5 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2082 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:35 PM

Some of these are not showing on the BB website.  Where do you see them listed at that price?

OnRush isn't the same as "Rush" ... not sure if that was a mistake or not.

They are just speculating what might go down to $20 next.

#6 intent   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

How does this compare to the first game? I remember reading about required microtransactions and then some news about getting rid of them.

#7 Mjkjets   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

I picked this up. Thanks for the heads up.

#8 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3195 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:44 PM

Thats a damn good price.

How does this compare to the first game? I remember reading about required microtransactions and then some news about getting rid of them.

Its everything of the first but more. Nemesis and combat were improved. The micros were blown out of proportion, IMO. They are not required at all, and you get plenty.

#9 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

Why does it have a 3.8 user rating on Metacritic?

#10 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:12 PM

Why does it have a 3.8 user rating on Metacritic?

Because the gaming public spazzed out over non-essential microtransactions so they downvoted it to hell. Solid game at launch. Even better post launch. Well worth this price, trying to decide if I want to double dip on the Xbox version or wait for GOTY version with a separate trophy list like all WB games have.

#11 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

Trying to stop buying games because my backlog is crazy but this is too tempting. Plus I really like the female skin, looks way cooler than Talion

#12 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Awesome price, picked it up just for the steelbook

#13 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

What’s goin on man shouldn’t it be the Ubisoft games that goes down in price like origins or South Park

#14 Burning Karma   Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

Because the gaming public spazzed out over non-essential microtransactions so they downvoted it to hell. Solid game at launch. Even better post launch. Well worth this price, trying to decide if I want to double dip on the Xbox version or wait for GOTY version with a separate trophy list like all WB games have.

Will there be a GOTY version since they announced a "Definitive Edition"? https://www.gamespot...s/1100-6460876/

#15 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:33 PM

Will there be a GOTY version since they announced a "Definitive Edition"? https://www.gamespot...s/1100-6460876/

Since the Definitive edition includes all paid DLC and all updates, isn't it basically a GOTY anyway.

#16 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 17 August 2018 - 10:36 PM

Symantics. First Mordor game had a GOTY. Witcher 3 had a complete edition. Forget what the other was, but I'm petty sure there was a 3rd game that had the same treatment from the publisher and all 3 had game saves that were incompatible but also got new trophy lists.

#17 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Grabbed one for my X1X - at this point in the far future our post civilization descendants will be singing about my backlog around their campfires at night

#18 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

Thought this came with a steelbook, but it's just a generic steel case. 

#19 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11688 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

Thought this came with a steelbook, but it's just a generic steel case. 

Yes, this had me fooled because all of the Ubisoft Gold Editions seem to come with an actual steelbook.

Edit: just realized this is not Ubisoft.  Still had me fooled though lol.

#20 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   559 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

Forget this game; when will they put shadows of colossus at 20?

#21 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   618 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:49 AM

Yes, this had me fooled because all of the other Ubisoft Gold Editions seem to come with an actual steelbook.

The description reads

Comes bundled with Collectible Steelcase, Gold War Chest, two Nemesis Expansions: Slaughter Tribe and Outlaw Tribe, and with two Story Expansions: The Blade of Galadriel and The Desolation of Mordor.

Can anyone confirm it still has a steelbook

#22 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

The description reads

Comes bundled with Collectible Steelcase, Gold War Chest, two Nemesis Expansions: Slaughter Tribe and Outlaw Tribe, and with two Story Expansions: The Blade of Galadriel and The Desolation of Mordor.

I can confirm it doe.

#23 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

Grabbed one for my X1X - at this point in the far future our post civilization descendants will be singing about my backlog around their campfires at night

Is this before or after they decide to never finish your backlog?

#24 Firefox59   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Firefox59

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:40 AM

Since the Definitive edition includes all paid DLC and all updates, isn't it basically a GOTY anyway.

Isn't the gold edition the GOTY edition already? It includes all four major expansions. I'm directly comparing the two and I don't see anything that would make someone buy the Definitive over the Gold edition. I guess it's just having the updates on disc?

#25 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:47 AM

If I hadn't already beaten the vanilla version (loved it), I would be all over this deal.  Great price for those who want to play the DLC in addition to the base game.

#26 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3760 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:06 AM

Having never found this at Target when it got merged with the vanilla version sku, it worked out as this was a better deal and I finally got one. Thanks OP.

#27 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:30 AM

The description reads

It has a generic steel case with no spine, but not a traditional steelbook.

#28 CliffordXT  

CliffordXT

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:33 AM

To Everyone:

According to WB:

"Please note that content beyond the main game is not pre-loaded on disc and requires an online connection to download."

In plain English, Definitive Edition and Gold are basically the same, all extra content that is not season pass is free for vanilla owners.

BTW, some people has checked that even if WB would planned to burn a new disc with all content is not possible because exceeds bluray capacity size. 

So two possible scenarios:

This is totally a repackaged Gold edition with vanilla disc and a single code that allow to download all content OR

A new disc which only difference with original vanilla is that is patched, but the whole extra content - tribe, season pass - needs to be download. A clear example is Telltale Season games like Batman.

Again, at the end, Gold and Definitive are basically the same. You still need to download stuff.

#29 CliffordXT  

CliffordXT

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:39 AM

Isn't the gold edition the GOTY edition already? It includes all four major expansions. I'm directly comparing the two and I don't see anything that would make someone buy the Definitive over the Gold edition. I guess it's just having the updates on disc?

Exactly, it's my 2nd scenario, launch the game and the market is already gone, and the tier and other things from the main game patched, all the rest needs to be download.

For me, not need to wait for a drop for Definitive, with Gold I'm fine, still is going to devour your hard drive.

#30 heroes159   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

Can someone who bought this God edition from Bestbuy , plz Tell me , what is the expire dates for Shadow of war Expansion pass codes insides ??