Super Smash Bros Ultimate Limited Edition (Game + Steelbook + Pro Controller) BestBuy $139.99

gnugget5

CAGiversary!
I just saw this listing and figured I'd pass along the information to the CAG community. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-nintendo-switch/6255361.p?skuId=6255361

Looks like the edition comes with the game, a steelbook, and a limited edition pro controller.  BestBuy is showing it as eligible for a $10 rewards certificate, and the GCU discount still applies (should you still have an active account). 

I can't imagine that this will remain in stock for very long, especially since BestBuy is pretty much the only retailer with major Day 1 discounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously ordered it because it's "limited"...but I'm not too convinced with the steelbook. Still sort of want the original case

Ordered, as long as GCU still stands seems like a good deal for me. If anything worth to me to replace a launch Pro-Controller, it has that weird directional pad issue sometimes, hoping this limited edition is as good as the newer ones that seem to have fixed it. Will just trade the old one at Gamestop and get 30 back towards some other stuff I got preordered. Thanks for the heads up!

$112 - $10 certificate for the bundle. Not bad if you're buying at launch, but I'll probably just rely on my backlog to get me through the rest of the year (and possibly the next).

Seems light on content for $140. Not bad w/ gcu but seems like it would need an art book or amiibo to make me bite.
The game is $59.99 and the controller is $74.99. These two come out to $134.98 by themselves.

I put an order in for the bundle with GCU and the coupon for my GCU ending soon. Came out to $82.99 with store pickup. Great price for a big release game and a controller.

Wonder if this will be a bundle in one box? Or is it a bundle in the sense that you are buying them all at once.

Trying to decide if I want to keep my preorder for the normal edition and just not open this one...  Can only get $10 RC on one of them and I already have 3 pro controllers.  Also have my first baby on the way.  Decisions decisions.

The game is $59.99 and the controller is $74.99. These two come out to $134.98 by themselves.

I put an order in for the bundle with GCU and the coupon for my GCU ending soon. Came out to $82.99 with store pickup. Great price for a big release game and a controller.
I must have missed something. Coupon for GCU ending?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah, went OOS.

I have an order in for each the game, the controller, and a bundle to keep NIB. If the bundle were still in stock, I'd order a second bundle and cancel the separate game + controller, because GCU applies to the bundle but not to the controller alone.

Not showing as available for me, damn. "Coming soon"
Yeah, I placed an order over an hour ago and forgot to hit "complete order" and when I realized about 20 mins ago it was out of stock but still in my cart.

I just kept hitting submit and after ~15 mins, it went through. This happened at about 2:47ish EST so if you have it in your cart, keep trying.

Damn, that didn't last long. Glad I went ahead and pre-ordered one, probably wouldn't get this edition if it weren't for GCU.

If you like paying more than full price for individual things in one box, then yes.

Managed to get an order through around noon Pacific. Had one for shipping go all the way to the end but showed out of stock right when I tried to process the order, then kept trying on one for store pick up that eventually went through.

Yeah, I placed an order over an hour ago and forgot to hit "complete order" and when I realized about 20 mins ago it was out of stock but still in my cart.

I just kept hitting submit and after ~15 mins, it went through. This happened at about 2:47ish EST so if you have it in your cart, keep trying.
Same thing I did but I cant seem to get it to go through. D:

Got mine in at 12:43PM EST, around six minutes after Wario64 put up the tweet. Kind of wish this came with an art book, and soundtrack as well. There’s really no savings here ($65 steelbook version of the game, and $75 pro controller), and from the looks of it, the game doesn’t even come in it’s original standard case. Personally would have liked to have seen the standard version of the game + steelbook + Gamecube Controller + Gamecube Adapter + mini art book + 3-disc soundtrack CD for $139.99, but ah well.

Got mine in at 12:43PM EST, around six minutes after Wario64 put up the tweet. Kind of wish this came with an art book, and soundtrack as well. There’s really no savings here ($65 steelbook version of the game, and $75 pro controller), and from the looks of it, the game doesn’t even come in it’s original standard case. Personally would have liked to have seen the standard version of the game + steelbook + Gamecube Controller + Gamecube Adapter + mini art book + 3-disc soundtrack CD for $139.99, but ah well.
It was an awesome deal if you still have GCU and planned on getting the game and controller no matter what. $112 for game and controller makes it $48 for the game and $64 for the controller and the steelbook.

Although this currently looks to be OOS, I'll echo what others have said - this package is a decent deal for the value of the items included.  Couple it in with the rabid Smash fanbase and the limited nature of Nintendo CEs, and you've got the makings of a CE that's likely to retain value, especially if sealed. 

I cancelled my order because I wasnt feeling it. If it comes up again which I think it will, I'll order it. Doesnt seem that crazy of a grab. Just two separate items bundled together not like the Spiderman ps4

I'm getting the game for sure, and this doesn't sound too bad if it's for a new pro controller. Wonder if it'll have a custom design like the Xeno one.

Damn I was charged instantly, I thought you're normally not charged until it ships
It's just an authorization charge. It'll fall off within a day or two and you'll see the actual charge when it ships.

Sorry for double post, but just saw the design for the controller:

c5YPwxk.jpg

I'm keeping my money. 

I don't hate the design, but I'll say:

1. Seems lazy
  2. Black & white is a weird choice for Smash Bros. as a series
The series' graphic style isn't subdued and minimalist. It's over-the-top, with a fiery background, glowing eyes, and Saturday morning cartoon humor.

I actually really want a black/white controller since it matches my console theme in my room, but I would have preferred the front by all white with black grips.

It’s funny though, I had the chance to get this bundle earlier today but held off because the math didn’t justify it. But now that’s it’s OOS, I want it lol

I got Smash Ultimate Limited it into my cart at midnight last night (EST) but couldn't check out so I left it there.

I added the 500 Million Controller to my cart this morning and the entire order went through (via shipping) no problem.

bread's done
Back