* * * - - 2 votes

123Code's First Lowball Fest for the Ages **DONE STARTING INVOICES**

#121 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

GunPey - $3

Bleach : Shattered Sword -$3

Shantae 1\2 Genie Hero Risky Beats Edition *Sealed - $8

#122 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

Yea it was over at 10pm, who ever gets the modded GC I was pretty interested. They tend to go for $80-$100 on ebay more with the GBA Player

#123 IAMSAM34  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:03 AM

Im guessing its over

#124 charles   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:06 AM

whew, haven't logged on here on CAG in a while, glad i remembered this was over tonight. I raised the ds 's bids more than I could have, but don't regret it. Thanks and good luck to everyone, I 'll be waiting patiently  for the invoice.

#125 123Code  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:25 AM

Ok THX Everyone for Participating

Will start doing the List tonight and start getting things together 

Will start sending PMs within the next Day or So 

Will Hopefully start Shipping before the Weekend 

#126 MarcusKane   Sweet Tooth CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

Ah I would have bid more but I didn't realise there'd be so many new bidders at the last second. I'd rather pay a little more and encourage others to have more low balls then sit on here and snipe. This ain't eBay. I think I still won a game or two.

#127 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14117 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

Thanks for the lowball. I'm 3 hours ahead and have to be up by 5 for work, so it's nice to see that the dregs didn't snipe everything I bid on.

#128 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Resident Evil 1 - $4

First, thanks for doing the lowball. It's a lot of work with the only reward being clearing out some space and helping out the community.

You have me as bidding on (and winning it looks like?) Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube, but I never bid on it. I'm guessing maybe you read this part of my last post too fast, because i don't see this bid represented.

#129 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

The definite end time is where the issues with sniping lie... gotta have a closing window and not a set time. I’ll close this sometime the evening of 9/23 after 10pm. Then pop on whenever and just say CLOSED.

#130 123Code  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

OK Updated up to Post #117 as that was the Cut Off time anything after does not count Sorry

Hopefully have everything up to Terms

If everyone can just check and make sure im not missing anything

Barring any mistakes i will start to get things Weighed and start Sending Invoices within 2-3 Days

Was Hoping for a Better turnout Honestly but Lets Hope the Next Lowball goes Smoother

#131 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for everything. If you decide to do this again I suggest not announcing an end time, more or less saying your going to end it on this day between this time frame. It will deter people from sniping, just shows me who's bids I have to run up next time.

#132 FireDrakeZ  

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:02 PM

OK Updated up to Post #117 as that was the Cut Off time anything after does not count Sorry

Hopefully have everything up to Terms

If everyone can just check and make sure im not missing anything

Barring any mistakes i will start to get things Weighed and start Sending Invoices within 2-3 Days

Was Hoping for a Better turnout Honestly but Lets Hope the Next Lowball goes Smoother

You missed post #76 and 88

PS2

007 Agent Under Fire  $2

#133 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:38 PM

The definite end time is where the issues with sniping lie... gotta have a closing window and not a set time. I’ll close this sometime the evening of 9/23 after 10pm. Then pop on whenever and just say CLOSED.

Thanks for everything. If you decide to do this again I suggest not announcing an end time, more or less saying your going to end it on this day between this time frame. It will deter people from sniping, just shows me who's bids I have to run up next time.

Thanks for the awful advice. I'm sure everyone appreciates you salty punks not minding your own business. Having a specific end time is what makes these auctions and not free-for-alls. Can you imagine the shitshow if eBay auctions started having unspecific end times? Heads would roll.

#134 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

You obviously don't know what a lowball is or how they are intended to work. How many lowballs have you been in on CAG? Not that many I'm guessing since you haven't been a member here very long. Even your attempt to snipe was very poorly made as you didn't check prices as they updated.

#135 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the awful advice. I'm sure everyone appreciates you salty punks not minding your own business. Having a specific end time is what makes these auctions and not free-for-alls. Can you imagine the shitshow if eBay auctions started having unspecific end times? Heads would roll.

You obviously aren’t very bright..... static end times mean people will not bid early. They will sit and wait and snipe. I’ve hosted several lowballs and you’ve been a member for NO TIME so your opinion and attitude are unwarranted. If he wants to have a more successful lowball next time he will not post a static end time as most always a successful lowball has a roundabout end time or rolling end. Salty? Seems like that’s you kid.

#136 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:05 AM

You obviously aren’t very bright..... static end times mean people will not bid early. They will sit and wait and snipe. I’ve hosted several lowballs and you’ve been a member for NO TIME so your opinion and attitude are unwarranted. If he wants to have a more successful lowball next time he will not post a static end time as most always a successful lowball has a roundabout end time or rolling end. Salty? Seems like that’s you kid.

Oh! You're calling me a kid! And flaunting your loooong membership! Oh no! I'd better go hide under the covers! You're soooooooooooo scary! Run along gramps and play with your grandkids while you still have time, before that next heart attack gets you for good.

#137 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

Anyone here ever do a lowball aside from the OP? I like to start one down the line and I get the gist of how to go about it however the one thing I like to know if anyone knows is how does one determine the shipping costs to whoever it is being sent to. Also I say aside from OP cuz obviously he just did one but if he chimes in then great. I just need clarification on that one detail

#138 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Anyone here ever do a lowball aside from the OP? I like to start one down the line and I get the gist of how to go about it however the one thing I like to know if anyone knows is how does one determine the shipping costs to whoever it is being sent to. Also I say aside from OP cuz obviously he just did one but if he chimes in then great. I just need clarification on that one detail

Shipping is on the buyer and it is the most time consuming part calculating cost. It takes time unless you ship flat rate which isn’t always the best option. Typically after a lowball there will be several days between end time and invoices before shipping because of figuring up shipping.

#139 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:25 PM

Oh! You're calling me a kid! And flaunting your loooong membership! Oh no! I'd better go hide under the covers! You're soooooooooooo scary! Run along gramps and play with your grandkids while you still have time, before that next heart attack gets you for good.

That’s cute.... thanks for reaffirming my decision to call you a kid. Childish responses flow from you.

#140 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Shipping is on the buyer and it is the most time consuming part calculating cost. It takes time unless you ship flat rate which isn’t always the best option. Typically after a lowball there will be several days between end time and invoices before shipping because of figuring up shipping.

So is it a matter of let's say having the package ready, weighing said package and then calculating what the postal service will charge for based on weight and location?

#141 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:00 PM

So is it a matter of let's say having the package ready, weighing said package and then calculating what the postal service will charge for based on weight and location?

Yeah, once you sort out who won and get their address you can calculate prices online through the USPS. Just have to input zip codes for To + From, weight and dimensions and they'll tell you how much. Add it to the win total and there's your final invoice.

#142 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

For items that weigh more and are bigger in size you may want to put a note on there so people aren't surprised on the shipping, it does get expensive. Make sure you have a scale that could at least accommodate most small packages.

#143 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:53 PM

For items that weigh more and are bigger in size you may want to put a note on there so people aren't surprised on the shipping, it does get expensive. Make sure you have a scale that could at least accommodate most small packages.

I plan on getting a scale for that process since last thing I want to do is dig a hole for myself by not knowing. Are there any good scales that are recommended preferably something from Amazon?

#144 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:07 PM

I plan on getting a scale for that process since last thing I want to do is dig a hole for myself by not knowing. Are there any good scales that are recommended preferably something from Amazon?

https://www.amazon.c...age scale&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...s=package scale

#145 darkragnorok  

darkragnorok

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

https://www.amazon.c...age scale&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...s=package scale

Thank you

#146 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14117 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

ETA on the invoices?

#147 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

ETA on the invoices?

I was thinking the same thing...

#148 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9922 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

I was thinking the same thing...

I don't think he's coming back, hasn't logged in since the 25th.

#149 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10510 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

I don't think he's coming back, hasn't logged in since the 25th.

Well in that case...when do holler at a Mod?

#150 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:12 AM

Now probably.