Best Buy: SMO, MK8, BOTW, Kirby, Splatoon 2, & DKCR: Tropical Freeze $44.99 / 35.99 GCU

AltererSyl

CAG Newbie
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see BB is still matching Walmart/Amazon.  Really wish Best Buy would match Walmart/Amazon on Captain Toad ($29.99) and Minecraft ($19.99) so I can get them with GCU discount.

I’m definitely going to buy Donkey Kong. I really wish Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Pokken was this price though.

Damn, even Target has Captain Toad for $29.99.  Come on Best Buy, you know you want to match it like you matched the others!

Any opinions on Splatoon?
I'll bite. It's a blast. One of Nintendos genre defying IPs that are hard to describe. Platformer/Shooter that is multiplayer focused, has monthly events. If you're competitive, it's the right amount of skill and craziness that keeps you engaged and fired up. Great single player campaign (DLC so far feel dungeonny like BOTW shrines), fun horde mode with which my wife is obsessed, and some of the most creative level design in a game. Our favorite Switch game by far of all the major IP.

Torn on picking up MK8D...have it on WiiU but haven't really gotten any play in a long time. I could get it for $27 post-tax with cert, but the Wii U version isn't even accepted as a trade in most places and isn't worth it where it is (Gamestop $4.40).

Any opinions on Splatoon?
After playing it for a few days, I'm enjoying it. There's 30 or so stages in the base game single player, and they tend to take between 10-15 minutes my first time through. I haven't touched multiplayer yet since I wanted to play through without updates first, but I know I enjoy it from the server test demo before it released. I've been waiting for a decent sale since release, and this is the first time I've seen it this low.

So MK8D is just Wii U's MK8 with DLC? Is there any difference with Tropical Freeze at all?

Just Funky aka ez mode and likely slightly better graphics. I don't think there are any new levels or anything. Also better load times.

MK8D has the DLC, new characters, their new carts, and a lot of various changes here and there including being able to hold 2 items. It sounds like it's better all around.

So MK8D is just Wii U's MK8 with DLC? Is there any difference with Tropical Freeze at all?
Mario Kart 8 also brings back the feather and has a two weapon option - plus the graphics got a bit of a boost and old school multiplayer battle mode was added. For $36, it's a worthwhile double dip.

bread's done
Back