* * * * * 2 votes

(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

#31 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3771 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:50 PM

I wont buy 3DS games or Vita games without the cases. Another reason I rarely buy from GS.

#32 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Dojorkan

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

personal recommendations on exactly $14.99 stuff that everyone and their mom probably hasn't played:

[DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 - monster recruiting/breeding RPG, very addictive breeding system

[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - Action RPG hack and slash mixed with tower defense

[DS] Dragon Quest IV- old school turn based RPG, each chapter of this game focuses on a different set of characters and then they all come together and meet up later in the game.

[DS] Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - Zelda like gameplay along with "tank battles" which I don't really have a comparison for, but its plenty fun and lighthearted

[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (1 and 2 for 3DS) - Tactical RPG, branching story paths based on choices you make in dialogue even more so than most SMT games

#33 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3006 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:43 AM

I did pick up Dragon Quest Heroes, and Onechanbara. But I had some trouble finding any other games I wanted at all, let alone in stock. But I saw that ClaDun Returns was $10 so I went for that.

#34 Owen Quillion  

Owen Quillion

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

Any Switch games that available for 3 for $25... lol

I took a quick look since I knew it'd be short; the sum total of available games is Has Been Heroes, Poi: Explorer Edition, Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, and Snow Moto Racing Freedom. Of those, only Has Been gets you the full savings. The first two are decent but available on other platforms, and in particular I think Has Been benefits from a keyboard and mouse.

Here's a link in the unlikely event anything else drops below $15:

https://www.gamestop...131e8-50-3c-17e

#35 rhenzhen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:56 AM

Thank you for the effort. I really appreciate it. It's for my 5 years old daughter. 

I took a quick look since I knew it'd be short; the sum total of available games is Has Been Heroes, Poi: Explorer Edition, Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, and Snow Moto Racing Freedom. Of those, only Has Been gets you the full savings. The first two are decent but available on other platforms, and in particular I think Has Been benefits from a keyboard and mouse.

Here's a link in the unlikely event anything else drops below $15:

https://www.gamestop...131e8-50-3c-17e

#36 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

Question: if I were to use say, a $15 reward cert on this deal, would it work out overall? I still have Elite, so the price would drop to around $20 or so for all 3 games. Just not sure if the full amount would be taken off, or not. The wording states: "Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only." so not sure how that plays out when buying something less then $15 per item (after PUR). 

#37 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

Question: if I were to use say, a $15 reward cert on this deal, would it work out overall? I still have Elite, so the price would drop to around $20 or so for all 3 games. Just not sure if the full amount would be taken off, or not. The wording states: "Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only." so not sure how that plays out when buying something less then $15 per item (after PUR).

You answered your own question. It works on 1 item only and you're buying 3 items. Certs don't work on overall price.

#38 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

You answered your own question. It works on 1 item only and you're buying 3 items. Certs don't work on overall price.

Got it. So instead, if I went the $5 and $10 cert route (since they won't take more than one of the same denomination on the same transaction), it would make one game completely free, but I'd lose out on a few bucks that way. Just trying to minimize my cost overall.

#39 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3796 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

I am about to get lunch and check the Gamestop down the street. Hoping to grab some good stuff. 

#40 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

So far I got 18 Games
PS4 - Sexy Brutale, Rogue Trooper, Raiden V, Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanuda
PS3 - Kill Zone Trilogy, Splinter Cell Trilogy
Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, Akiba's Beat, Final Fantasy X (and the code for X-2 inside was still good), MeiQ Labyrinth of Death
3DS - SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers (but I guess they just upped the price on this), Etrian Odyssey IV, RPG Maker FES, Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, Code of Princess
XB1 - Forza 5 Steelbook
Wii - Barbie and Her Sister Puppy Rescue

Thanks for this post! Grabbed Sexy Brutale, Raiden V, and Spirit of Sanada. All were new, converted to used, and complete!

#41 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for this post! Grabbed Sexy Brutale, Raiden V, and Spirit of Sanada. All were new, converted to used, and complete!

Did you buy these today? Is the sale still live?

#42 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3796 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Just stopped by on my lunch and ended up walking out with the following.

RPG Maker FES (3DS), Senran Kagura Deep Crimson 2 (3DS), Agents of Mayhem (PS4), and I also picked up Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku separately because it was like $7 after the Elite Pro discount. Once I am done working today I think I will hit up the other Gamestop near me and see what they have. 

#43 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

Did you buy these today? Is the sale still live?

yes - Just purchased them this morning.

#44 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

If anyone is looking a RPG fix on PS3, Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 along with Symphonia Chronicles are good recommendations that are $14.99 each.  As you'd essentially get 4 RPGs for $25, as Symphonia Chronicles has the original PS2/GC game and the Wii sequel on it.

#45 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14176 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

What about the Atelier PS3 games? Any of those worth buying? Also looking at Ar Tonelico Qoga and The Guided Fate Paradox. The only weeb PS3 games I own are the Disgaea games.

#46 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

What about the Atelier PS3 games? Any of those worth buying? Also looking at Ar Tonelico Qoga and The Guided Fate Paradox. The only weeb PS3 games I own are the Disgaea games.

The Atelier games seem to have a love or hate feeling on those games, as some think they're just plain boring.   As they don't have no epic story(like save the world) and the game focuses more on gathering items.  I've tried the Artland Trilogy and Ayesha and couldn't get into any of them.  Watch video walkthroughs on Youtube of the Atelier games, that should tell you if you'll like it or not.

Ar Tonelico is another good one, although it uses the visual novel style for dialogue a lot.  It also uses a combat system similar to the "Tales of" series.     As for Guided Fate Paradox, never played it, but have heard it's pretty boring.

#47 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

Got it. So instead, if I went the $5 and $10 cert route (since they won't take more than one of the same denomination on the same transaction), it would make one game completely free, but I'd lose out on a few bucks that way. Just trying to minimize my cost overall.

Be careful, sometimes the certs take the dollar amount off of the cheapest item.  In this case that would be $0. Save your certs for a non-sale.  With elite pro the games were ~6.66 each, you don't get that money back from the $10 cert.

#48 outrun78   this space for rent. CAGiversary!   1532 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

since no one asked. what are the good flips to best buy in this sale? :-

#49 IAMSAM34  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:22 PM

My gs has a few good ps3 games but without original art and case. Sucks

#50 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1050 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:04 AM

Got 360 Dante's Inferno, PS3 Symphonis Chronicles, and X1 Syberia 3

#51 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2368 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

My gs has a few good ps3 games but without original art and case. Sucks

Seems that way for the vita section, as well.

#52 Wrectifyy  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

Thanks to the guy who posted about Raiden V. That pushed me over the edge when a GS close by had it with case and soundtrack. I also snagged Earth Defense Force 2 for the Vita and Shadow Tactics on the XB1, both also with cases. All for $20. Pretty stocked to toss those in the collection.

#53 Ando   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

Anyone know how long it lasts?

#54 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3151 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:38 PM

This is a great deal, if your Gamestops have any selection. I live in a 2 GS town and can get some PS3 games or the Show 17 for ps4. That's about it. The Vita selection is laughable here.

#55 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

How is alien isolation?

Was thinking of j star victory for PS3. Is there any differences between PS3 over PS4 besides graphics?

Kinda difficult to get some of the PS3 games.

Is metal gear legacy collection PS3 the same as metal gear he collection on disc? Got metal gear solid 4 already.

#56 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Is the promotion based on the "regular" used price or the power up rewards used price?  If I grabbed some 3ds games that are "regular" preowned at $17.99, my elite pro will bring it down to ~$14.32 meeting the price threshold for the promo.  Just curious, I'm guessing probably not but it would be pretty sweet if it worked

#57 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Is the promotion based on the "regular" used price or the power up rewards used price? If I grabbed some 3ds games that are "regular" preowned at $17.99, my elite pro will bring it down to ~$14.32 meeting the price threshold for the promo. Just curious, I'm guessing probably not but it would be pretty sweet if it worked

Always regular price

#58 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:10 PM

More $14.99 PS4 games

Tropico 5
Wasteland Director's Cut
Sine Mora

#59 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

Really appreciate the heads up on this deal and the game suggestions.  I grabbed 3 of the games that have already been mentioned here that I have been interested in for a while.

Basically got 3 games for the same price I was considering paying for just 1 of these not that long ago.

#60 jdmay21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:08 PM

Wanted to share my pickups just in case others want to try and find them at their local gs. All PS4 except noted and all CIB:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS)

Lego Movie (Vita)

Mortal Kombat (Vita)

Lego Jurassic World (Vita)

Batman Arkham Origins (Vita)

Lego Ninjago - Shadow of Ronin (Vita)

Fallout 4 (was a new copy converted to pre-owned)

Arslan

The Silver Case

Nitro+ Blasterz

Onechanbara

Dead Rising

Deception IV

The Sexy Brutale

Dragon Quest Heroes - World Tree etc

Rad Rodgers

Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada

Wolfenstein - The Old Blood