* * * * * 2 votes

(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

#61 dogwitch  

dogwitch

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

i will let you know if this is happen in fl. today

#62 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this great deal. I was able to grab some Vita games (Drive Girls, God Wars, and Toukiden). Try to hit some more this weekend.

#63 Miker525  

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

Got Drive Girls, Unit 13 and zero's Escape Virtues Last reward for vita

Not bad. May try another GS tomorrow

#64 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:40 AM

Wanted to share my pickups just in case others want to try and find them at their local gs. All PS4 except noted and all CIB:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS)
Lego Movie (Vita)
Mortal Kombat (Vita)
Lego Jurassic World (Vita)
Batman Arkham Origins (Vita)
Lego Ninjago - Shadow of Ronin (Vita)
Fallout 4 (was a new copy converted to pre-owned)
Arslan
The Silver Case
Nitro+ Blasterz
Onechanbara
Dead Rising
Deception IV
The Sexy Brutale
Dragon Quest Heroes - World Tree etc
Rad Rodgers
Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada
Wolfenstein - The Old Blood

Nice. Slim on Vita here.

I keep seeing Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada here on cag, but why not samurai warriors 4? It's also $14.99.

#65 jdmay21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

Nice. Slim on Vita here.

I keep seeing Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada here on cag, but why not samurai warriors 4? It's also $14.99.

That's a good point - I, like others, may have missed samurai warriors 4. I see there's some in stock around me, just wasn't on my radar, I suppose. Vita selection is getting rough. I went to 7 gamestops this week and only managed to pick up 5 vita games that I needed CIB - I was hoping to get a ton more during this sale. Few things I'm noticing about Vita in my area (I suspect all around though) - less and less CIB and more generic cases, and little to no inventory changes (imo due to the fact that vita owners don't get rid of their games). At one of the Gamestops, the worker mentioned that someone came in earlier and bought a handful of the Vita games. This makes me wonder if things are only going to get worse for vita games in the wild after this sale is over.

#66 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:39 AM

One of the GameStops I went just flat out got rid of their Vita section already

#67 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:47 AM

That's a good point - I, like others, may have missed samurai warriors 4. I see there's some in stock around me, just wasn't on my radar, I suppose. Vita selection is getting rough. I went to 7 gamestops this week and only managed to pick up 5 vita games that I needed CIB - I was hoping to get a ton more during this sale. Few things I'm noticing about Vita in my area (I suspect all around though) - less and less CIB and more generic cases, and little to no inventory changes (imo due to the fact that vita owners don't get rid of their games). At one of the Gamestops, the worker mentioned that someone came in earlier and bought a handful of the Vita games. This makes me wonder if things are only going to get worse for vita games in the wild after this sale is over.

I don't have a PS4, but my friend just got one and saw it. The GameStop here have about 7 Vita games. I couldn't find anything to match up the 3 for $25.

There's more PS4 games on sale vs Xbox one. Is it worth getting Vita games over the PS3 counterpart?

#68 jdmay21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

I don't have a PS4, but my friend just got one and saw it. The GameStop here have about 7 Vita games. I couldn't find anything to match up the 3 for $25.

There's more PS4 games on sale vs Xbox one. Is it worth getting Vita games over the PS3 counterpart?

IMO, generally, yes it is worth getting Vita ports over PS3 ports. There's a few reasons for this:

1. Vita games are more collectible (hold their value better, fewer made, harder to find, etc.)

2. Vita games rarely come with anything besides the box and make it easier to find complete (don't have to worry about instructions) - though as time goes by, all that's going to be left is generic cases because of my point about Vita owners not selling their games.

3. Combined with the PS TV, a good chunk of Vita games can be played on the Vita or on a TV screen.

4. Vita games and cases are small and do not take up a lot of space.

Keep in mind I own a PS3, but I don't buy/collect for it any longer. I mainly only buy Vita, PS4, Switch, and an occasional 3DS game, so maybe I'm biased. It's not all great collecting Vita games now, though. It's so hard for me to find any games that I need/want anymore. Soon, I'm going to have to resort to buying online. If you have any interest in a Vita games, and they are CIB, you should pick them up now, because I think it's going to be more difficult. Eventually, Gamestop will stop selling Vita games, then it's just local or online at that point.

#69 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:47 PM

Picked up 3 Vita games on Friday - Muramasa Rebirth (CIB), Zero Escape (no case at all, game only) and the Sly Collection (generic case).

Already had the Sly games on PS3, and thought - "Hey, why not get them for every system since they're so good?". Jokes on me - only the first two games are on the cartridge, the 3rd is download-only via a code in the original case.... Should've looked it up ahead of time, but nope. I'll keep it anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wasn't aware.

#70 bennyboy_07  

bennyboy_07

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:58 PM

Already had the Sly games on PS3, and thought - "Hey, why not get them for every system since they're so good?". Jokes on me - only the first two games are on the cartridge, the 3rd is download-only via a code in the original case.... Should've looked it up ahead of time, but nope. I'll keep it anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wasn't aware.

Thanks for this post, I was thinking about getting it for Vita as well but will pass now. I already have it on the PS3.

#71 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:02 PM

This isn't Satisfied Ass Gamer!

Can that please be a thing, though?  Join the SAG community and talk about moments in gaming where you felt super satisfied.

#72 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:37 PM

Can that please be a thing, though? Join the SAG community and talk about moments in gaming where you felt super satisfied.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#73 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:45 PM

Can that please be a thing, though?  Join the SAG community and talk about moments in gaming where you felt super satisfied.

SAG could also be for the more senior gamers that have felt the effects of gravity's pull

#74 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

Another pick up and got Operation Abyss, Code of Princess, and almost bought Mega Man Leo “loose” but couldn’t do it and got RPG maker

#75 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

The Atelier games seem to have a love or hate feeling on those games, as some think they're just plain boring. As they don't have no epic story(like save the world) and the game focuses more on gathering items. I've tried the Artland Trilogy and Ayesha and couldn't get into any of them. Watch video walkthroughs on Youtube of the Atelier games, that should tell you if you'll like it or not.

Ar Tonelico is another good one, although it uses the visual novel style for dialogue a lot. It also uses a combat system similar to the "Tales of" series. As for Guided Fate Paradox, never played it, but have heard it's pretty boring.

How do you find the turn based charge battles of ArT in any way similar to the real time action combat style of Tales?

I’ll pitch in that I really enjoyed the Arland trilogy, but hated the Dusk trilogy. ArT :qoga is full of typos and grammar errors and inconsistent word usage. The newest ArNoSurge had an interesting story, but I found the gameplay to be trash.

#76 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4353 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

picked up Goldeneye reloaded, Call of duty 2, and Battlefantasia, with elite pro 3 for 20 is a pretty good deal, sadly a lot of the stuff I was looking at was cart only, like every 3ds RPG they had

#77 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4024 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:24 AM

IMO, generally, yes it is worth getting Vita ports over PS3 ports. There's a few reasons for this:

1. Vita games are more collectible (hold their value better, fewer made, harder to find, etc.)
2. Vita games rarely come with anything besides the box and make it easier to find complete (don't have to worry about instructions) - though as time goes by, all that's going to be left is generic cases because of my point about Vita owners not selling their games.
3. Combined with the PS TV, a good chunk of Vita games can be played on the Vita or on a TV screen.
4. Vita games and cases are small and do not take up a lot of space.

Keep in mind I own a PS3, but I don't buy/collect for it any longer. I mainly only buy Vita, PS4, Switch, and an occasional 3DS game, so maybe I'm biased. It's not all great collecting Vita games now, though. It's so hard for me to find any games that I need/want anymore. Soon, I'm going to have to resort to buying online. If you have any interest in a Vita games, and they are CIB, you should pick them up now, because I think it's going to be more difficult. Eventually, Gamestop will stop selling Vita games, then it's just local or online at that point.

I collect some PS3 games mostly arcade shooters.
I did collect 3ds games cib. As for bits, picked up a vita slim used for $50 and the games during target clearance. I don't see much vita at gamestop anymore. Wish secret of Mana was on the Vita.

#78 Goguenator   Optimus Prime CAGiversary!   1819 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:06 AM

I spent like $600+ So far in Buffalo, NY alone at all the Gamestops. Was able to pocket a MGS HD Collection Limited Edition because someone traded it in and it was the same as the regular edition price wise. When you go in ask for a list of $14.99 Exact for the Major Consoles, made it a lot easier finding titles rather then looking at each section over and over again.

#79 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1145 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:10 AM

Was so tempted to get Fallout 4, but stopped myself because I will get the GOTY version for sub $20 eventually...

#80 NothingCreative   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

NothingCreative

Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Wish secret of Mana was on the Vita.

I thought it was. I don’t think there’s a physical release, though. I heard the remake is kinda trash anyway, but I had some great times with the original!

#81 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

I spent like $600+ So far in Buffalo, NY alone at all the Gamestops. Was able to pocket a MGS HD Collection Limited Edition because someone traded it in and it was the same as the regular edition price wise. When you go in ask for a list of $14.99 Exact for the Major Consoles, made it a lot easier finding titles rather then looking at each section over and over again.

I hope you left some vita games for me!  I need to try and get out today or tomorrow.

#82 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Congrats Goguenator on the great vita finds.  Most of the stores around me are pretty dried up and bareboned cart-only in regards to Sony's handheld. 

#83 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

I asked how long the 3/$25 sale goes when I was in the store today and the associate thought it was until 9/16.  We will see

#84 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8508 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

I asked how long the 3/$25 sale goes when I was in the store today and the associate thought it was until 9/16. We will see

So, the same date that is in the thread title?

#85 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

I wound up getting Raiden V: Limited Edition, Shadow Tactics (PS4 RTS) and Batman Black Gate for Vita. Came out to a little over $20 after my elite.

#86 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2483 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:25 PM

Was so tempted to get Fallout 4, but stopped myself because I will get the GOTY version for sub $20 eventually...

Make sure you get a new copy then. The GOTY edition is just the base game with a voucher for all the DLC. It's not on disc. 

#87 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2483 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:29 PM

I just checked the website thinking the God of War 3 remaster would be $14.99 or less. It's still $18.99 lol wtf....A new copy is $19.99 and they still want $18.99 for used. Smh 

#88 Ultraslick  

Ultraslick

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

I picked up 3d Dot Game Heroes, the Journey Collection, and Medal of Honor Airborne on PS3 the other day.

After Elite Pro, each game was only $6.66. Regular priced $14.99 each.

Great sale, but still- this is a dangerous for collectors, wallets beware!

#89 duderanch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

duderanch

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:50 AM

I picked up:

Shantae Half Genie Hero (Wii U)
Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Wii U)
Devil Survivor 2 (3DS)

Journey Collection (PS3)

Back to the Future (XB1)

#90 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4337 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

I ended up picking up the following six games with the deal.

Agents of Mayhem (PS4)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Vita)

Rogue Trooper: Redux (PS4)

RPG Maker FES (3DS)

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS)