(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

Sugarbeats

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted, saw the signs up in my store! This comes out to about $20 before taxes after Elite pro!

Store signs also didn't display an end date, so I'm not sure how long this is going on for. My guess would be 9/4/2018 as their weekly ad usually starts the following Wednesday!

Edit: I asked a local ASM and he confirmed that this deal is good until the 16th of September!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any good recommendations?
I've gathered a list of Xbone and PS4, PS3, Wii u games here as this are the current platforms I play on. Feel free to contribute other consoles/handhelds if you'd like!

(Alot of the PS4 games are priced higher compared to Xbone)

PS4 $14.99 games

Deception 4: Nightmare Princess

Dragon Quest heroes: World Tree's Woe

Grand Kingdom

Marvel's Guardians of Galaxy: Telltale Series

Nobunaga's Ambition: Ascension

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos

Raiden V (I found a complete copy with the soundtrack as well)

The Sexy Brutale

The Silver Case

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Mousou Titles

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada

Samurai Warriors 4

Xbone $14.99 games

Alien Isolation

Batman - Telltale Series

DmC: Definitive Ed

Dying Light (standard ed)

Forza 5

Gears of Wars 4

Metro Redux

Resident Evil Revelations 2

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Ed

Syberia 3

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Xbone + PS4 $14.99 games

Dishonored 2

Fallout 4

Far Cry 4

Final Fantasy XV

Mafia 3

MGS V Phantom Pain

Need for Speed

Rogue Trooper Redux

Shadow Tactics

Wii u $14.99 games

Amazing Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Bayonetta 2 (YMMV? There are 2 prices on the GS website one link is showing $14.99 used and the other is $19.99 for the used version)

Fast & Furious Showdown

Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legends

Injustice Gods Among US

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures

Rayman Legends

Shantae Half-Genie Hero

Shovel Knight

Sonic & All Stars Racing

Super Mario 3D World

Xenoblade Chronicles X

PS3 $14.99 games

Ace Combat Assault Horizon

Asura's Wrath

Bayonetta

Bioshock Infinite: Complete Editon

Birds of Steel

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2

Devil May Cry HD Collection

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Driver

The Godfather 2

God of War Collection

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Infamous Collection

Killzone Trilogy

Lollipop Chainsaw

MGS: HD Collection

Rayman Origins

Resident Evil Revelations

Saint's Row the Third: Full Package

Silent Hill Downpour

Silent Hill Homecoming

Soul Calibur 4

Splatterhouse

Splinter Cell Trilogy

WWE: All Stars

Yakuza Dead Souls

PS3 RPG $14.99 games

Ar tonelico Qoga

Atelier Ayesha

Atelier Escha & Logy

Atelier Meruru

Atelier Shallie

Atelier Totori

Dark Souls

Dragon's Crown

Eternal Sonata

The Guided Fate Paradox

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Picked up Halo 5, Gears 4, and Quantum of Solace. Quantum new copies have been converted to pre-owned. So got a brand new copy for $6.66 with elite !!!

Edit: oops, meant Quantum break. Doh !!

Picked up Halo 5, Gears 4, and Quantum of Solace. Quantum new copies have been converted to pre-owned. So got a brand new copy for $6.66 with elite !!!
Terrible choice for QoS. That one is $2.99 used, I see. Best way to maximize profits is by picking 3 $14.99 games mentioned above!

I’ve never played QoS and am looking forward to trying it out. $6.67 for a brand new game that’s an Xbox exclusive. I’m pretty happy. To each their own !!

Edit: Quantum break !

So far I got 18 Games

PS4 - Sexy Brutale, Rogue Trooper, Raiden V, Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanuda

PS3 - Kill Zone Trilogy, Splinter Cell Trilogy

Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, Akiba's Beat, Final Fantasy X (and the code for X-2 inside was still good), MeiQ  Labyrinth of Death

3DS - SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers (but I guess they just upped the price on this), Etrian Odyssey IV, RPG Maker FES, Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, Code of Princess

XB1 - Forza 5 Steelbook 

Wii - Barbie and Her Sister Puppy Rescue

So far I got 18 Games
Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, Akiba's Beat, Final Fantasy X (and the code for X-2 inside was still good), MeiQ Labyrinth of Death
3DS - SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers (but I guess they just upped the price on this), Etrian Odyssey IV, RPG Maker FES, Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, Code of Princess
XB1 - Forza 5 Steelbook
Damn. That is a nice healthy backlog. I commend you, sir. Play Barbie and Her Sister Puppy Rescue first!

Damn. That is a nice healthy backlog. I commend you, sir. Play Barbie and Her Sister Puppy Rescue first!
Oh my backlog would make you weep, lol. A lot of these are to resell, especially Barbie. Although I may see if I can rescue the puppy first. I'd hate to think of a lost puppy out there alone.

$25 for GameStop 3?

I heard it was a pretty good game, in-4-one
The point of the game is to complete an in-store transaction without letting the associate at the register con you into buying warranties for your items or renewing your Pro membership that still has 11 months to go before it expires.

If one store has two you want, buy three and take the third to another store and exchange it for a game they have you want.

personal recommendations on exactly $14.99 stuff that everyone and their mom probably hasn't played:

[DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 - monster recruiting/breeding RPG, very addictive breeding system

[PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - Action RPG hack and slash mixed with tower defense

[DS] Dragon Quest IV- old school turn based RPG, each chapter of this game focuses on a different set of characters and then they all come together and meet up later in the game.

[DS] Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime - Zelda like gameplay along with "tank battles" which I don't really have a comparison for, but its plenty fun and lighthearted

[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (1 and 2 for 3DS) - Tactical RPG, branching story paths based on choices you make in dialogue even more so than most SMT games

I did pick up Dragon Quest Heroes, and Onechanbara. But I had some trouble finding any other games I wanted at all, let alone in stock. But I saw that ClaDun Returns was $10 so I went for that.

Any Switch games that available for 3 for $25... lol
I took a quick look since I knew it'd be short; the sum total of available games is Has Been Heroes, Poi: Explorer Edition, Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, and Snow Moto Racing Freedom. Of those, only Has Been gets you the full savings. The first two are decent but available on other platforms, and in particular I think Has Been benefits from a keyboard and mouse.

Here's a link in the unlikely event anything else drops below $15:

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-switch?nav=2b12,28-xp0,131e8-50-3c-17e

Thank you for the effort. I really appreciate it. It's for my 5 years old daughter.

I took a quick look since I knew it'd be short; the sum total of available games is Has Been Heroes, Poi: Explorer Edition, Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, and Snow Moto Racing Freedom. Of those, only Has Been gets you the full savings. The first two are decent but available on other platforms, and in particular I think Has Been benefits from a keyboard and mouse.

Here's a link in the unlikely event anything else drops below $15:

https://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-switch?nav=2b12,28-xp0,131e8-50-3c-17e

Question: if I were to use say, a $15 reward cert on this deal, would it work out overall? I still have Elite, so the price would drop to around $20 or so for all 3 games. Just not sure if the full amount would be taken off, or not. The wording states: "Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only." so not sure how that plays out when buying something less then $15 per item (after PUR). 

Question: if I were to use say, a $15 reward cert on this deal, would it work out overall? I still have Elite, so the price would drop to around $20 or so for all 3 games. Just not sure if the full amount would be taken off, or not. The wording states: "Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock pre-owned item only." so not sure how that plays out when buying something less then $15 per item (after PUR).
You answered your own question. It works on 1 item only and you're buying 3 items. Certs don't work on overall price.

You answered your own question. It works on 1 item only and you're buying 3 items. Certs don't work on overall price.
Got it. So instead, if I went the $5 and $10 cert route (since they won't take more than one of the same denomination on the same transaction), it would make one game completely free, but I'd lose out on a few bucks that way. Just trying to minimize my cost overall.

So far I got 18 Games
Vita - Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax, Akiba's Beat, Final Fantasy X (and the code for X-2 inside was still good), MeiQ Labyrinth of Death
XB1 - Forza 5 Steelbook
Thanks for this post! Grabbed Sexy Brutale, Raiden V, and Spirit of Sanada. All were new, converted to used, and complete!

Just stopped by on my lunch and ended up walking out with the following.

RPG Maker FES (3DS), Senran Kagura Deep Crimson 2 (3DS), Agents of Mayhem (PS4), and I also picked up Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku separately because it was like $7 after the Elite Pro discount. Once I am done working today I think I will hit up the other Gamestop near me and see what they have. 

If anyone is looking a RPG fix on PS3, Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 along with Symphonia Chronicles are good recommendations that are $14.99 each.  As you'd essentially get 4 RPGs for $25, as Symphonia Chronicles has the original PS2/GC game and the Wii sequel on it.

What about the Atelier PS3 games? Any of those worth buying? Also looking at Ar Tonelico Qoga and The Guided Fate Paradox. The only weeb PS3 games I own are the Disgaea games.

What about the Atelier PS3 games? Any of those worth buying? Also looking at Ar Tonelico Qoga and The Guided Fate Paradox. The only weeb PS3 games I own are the Disgaea games.
The Atelier games seem to have a love or hate feeling on those games, as some think they're just plain boring. As they don't have no epic story(like save the world) and the game focuses more on gathering items. I've tried the Artland Trilogy and Ayesha and couldn't get into any of them. Watch video walkthroughs on Youtube of the Atelier games, that should tell you if you'll like it or not.

Ar Tonelico is another good one, although it uses the visual novel style for dialogue a lot. It also uses a combat system similar to the "Tales of" series. As for Guided Fate Paradox, never played it, but have heard it's pretty boring.

Got it. So instead, if I went the $5 and $10 cert route (since they won't take more than one of the same denomination on the same transaction), it would make one game completely free, but I'd lose out on a few bucks that way. Just trying to minimize my cost overall.
Be careful, sometimes the certs take the dollar amount off of the cheapest item. In this case that would be $0. Save your certs for a non-sale. With elite pro the games were ~6.66 each, you don't get that money back from the $10 cert.

bread's done
Back