* * * * * 2 votes

(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

#181 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:39 PM

whet today last for my last run

rpg maker fes 3ds 

mafia 3 with book and map ps4

kings quest the complete collection ps4

#182 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1204 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

Bloodborne

Batman Arkham Knight

Injustice 1 Ultimate Edition (for the story) 

#183 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6716 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I’ll keep it for now since it came complete with soundtrack.

After playing Raiden V a few minutes ago, I see what you meant about it not immediately grabbing you. In the age of bullet hell shmups and twin stick shooters, it's a bit of a step back. And if you think about it as an old school style shmup with modern graphics, it's decent but still nothing to write home about. I don't even know why these types of games have story modes. It's a high score chaser. I don't need dialogue! Still, it was worth $7.50 as part of the sale.

I also played Tricky Towers which I thought was like Tetris but wasn't like Tetris at all. It was one of those games where they ask you to stack Tetris pieces to make a tower that has to stand still until the clock runs down. It seems to be completely based on luck, and the physics are wonky. I played the first stage four times before I beat it.

Wuppo was one of the games that I bought during the previous buy 4 used games for $20 sale that some of you might have picked up. I played that one for a few minutes today, and it was weird enough that it has the potential to be a sought-after hidden gem like Cubivore was on the GameCube.

But thanks again to the OP for bringing this sale to everyone's attention. I was able to get a few hidden gems which are my favorite type of game these days. As you might have guessed, I'm actually trying to play every game that I buy going forward because I discovered that I wasn't really saving money by backlogging all these games. And I hope the mini reviews were useful for somebody. Sorry for the wall of text.

#184 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for the quickie reviews.  I hope they return with the 4/$20 promo so I can check up on Wuppo.  Enjoy the rest of your extensive backlog. 

#185 Gara   Gao Gao Stegosaurus CAGiversary!   667 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:14 AM

That was a fun promo.

MQNTXsU.jpg 20180916_190653-01.jpeg

PS4

Ratchet & Clank

Sina Mora EX

Samurai Warriors spirit of sanada

The Sexy Brutale

Superbeat Xonic (2cd OST included)

Raiden V

Silver Case

PS3

Killzone trilogy

Silent hill homecoming

Lollipop Chainsaw

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Devil may cry HD

Vita

Aegis Earth

Drive Girls

Akiba's beat

All complete and in decent condition. I wish I could have found more Vita titles.

#186 BlackRob183   I'm a CAG Veteran ya'll know who I'm better than CAGiversary!   238 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

BlackRob183

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

Well I ended up getting my 3 games as listed before dr4, saw 2 (came in that day) and ending up getting edf. I stopped by 2 Five Bellows, one had no media section for games/movies the other had 2 different movies and battleborn PS4 and something for 3ds. I think the one with a good media selection is a little farther drive so ended up just getting edf 2025.

Then asked to use my 20%off bday coupon with it and the guy said I couldn't. I left and went back in since it was expiring that day and picked up megman man legacy 2.

I was going to go back if I found a store with a cover for MMan Legacy 1 and get fallout 4 and figure something else out but said f it.

The problem I also had with this promo is while looking at the PlayStation section of games they had games that I wanted on the Xbox but those were usually 9.99 on Xbox for some reason. So I figured I didn't wanna waste my time on the cheaper ones since they usually do other promos for those. So overall it was an ok ass gamer day.

#187 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:03 AM

There's a new promo that started @ GS (probably for the next two weeks) : 4 for $10 on all pre-owned games $4.99 & under. It should appear in this week's upcoming Wednesday ad.

Cheers!  

#188 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3971 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:11 AM

There a new promo that started @ GS (probably for the next two weeks) : 4 for $10 on all pre-owned games $4.99 & under. It should appear in this week's upcoming Wednesday ad.

Cheers!

When they run these promos, some games go up a dollar or two.

Anyway, uncharted 1-3 is $1 each, uncharted 3 is $4.99.
Infamous 1 and 2 $1 each
Gears of war $1

Old games but great for people who haven't gotten a ps3 or Xbox 360.