- - - - -

SUPER SMASH ULTIMATE SPECIAL EDITION PREORDERS UP

Nintendo switch special edi

#1 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:30 AM

In case you guys missed it Announced today
Gamestop has this up now for preorder
Please note Online only....

Super Smash ultimate special edition
https://www.gamestop...-edition/167558
Which includes that sick looking controller and steelbook168876brp.jpg 168876brp.jpg
Best buy link
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6255361168876brp.jpg

#2 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:32 AM

It might've been posted already but I'm letting my CAGs know before the scalpers get a hold of them

#3 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6680 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

Boxart revealed

F5GiKWu.jpg

#4 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17659 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:43 AM

lol at "ec" rating

#5 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:49 AM

lmao Ferrari, you nailed it

#6 KipKips   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:56 AM

Felt dirty putting in the order. Especially for having to pay $12 for shipping on something I won't get release day...

#7 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

Felt dirty putting in the order. Especially for having to pay $12 for shipping on something I won't get release day...

What I ended up doing was to go into the store and placed the order for in-store pick up. They also had the free shipping option in store

#8 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2308 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

Boxart revealed

l9LiSDv.jpg

post of the year for CAG

#9 KipKips   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:14 AM

What I ended up doing was to go into the store and placed the order for in-store pick up. They also had the free shipping option in store

Oooh. Smart. Too late on the east coast to do that, but I'll see if I can run over tomorrow and do that. Can cancel my preorder if so.

#10 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22454 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:03 AM

Am I the only one that's not a fan of that controller? I mean, it's not bad but it's also kinda... meh. Steelbook looks dope though. 

#11 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:22 AM

Am I the only one that's not a fan of that controller? I mean, it's not bad but it's also kinda... meh. Steelbook looks dope though.

I almost felt the same way but then again it's hella nicer than the xenoblade pink one. Plus it's Smash so you HAVE to get it

#12 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

That pro controller is hideous. And the Steelbook looks uninspired as hell. Bahumbug

#13 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

Boxart revealed

F5GiKWu.jpg

Lol why is Slickdeals on the box. Other than them being super scummy sometimes. I mean specifically why are they there?

#14 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2860 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

Lol why is Slickdeals on the box. Other than them being super scummy sometimes. I mean specifically why are they there?

Kinda answered your own question there

#15 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

Guess so. I thought maybe there was some specific thing I was unaware of.

#16 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1146 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

That pro controller is hideous. And the Steelbook looks uninspired as hell. Bahumbug

^ didnt get an order in. 

#17 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

I did thanks to CAG! And from BB too so GCU brought it down considerably. I didn't even look at the pictures before pre-ordering lol.

You can invest in something you perceive as monetarily valuable while simultaneously criticizing its aesthetic value. Life's gray like that. A nice life lesson for ya.

But thanks for your concern :)

#18 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:23 PM

Boxart revealed

F5GiKWu.jpg

I thought someone also did a PS4 500 million one...but this will suffice.

All the "S" should be replaced with $

#19 Bivensra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:48 PM

I have called a couple stores and was told if you order in store you pay the full amount and it ships to your home. So just order on line from the comfort of your couch.

#20 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   250 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

Seems to be back in stock at BBY.

#21 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:34 PM

Seems to be back in stock at BBY.

Not anymore.

#22 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3534 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Ferrari did it again. This place is alive finally! I feel like a man!

#23 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43947 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Keep missing BB. Damn

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#24 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3725 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

Keep missing BB. Damn

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Me too. I have one at Amazon, but I want to save $28 and get it at Best Buy. Keep refreshing everyday multiple times and always says coming soon.

#25 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22454 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:55 PM

Would definitely get with GCU, full price at GS + $12 shipping = no. I could live with full price but don't get why GS can't offer FS or in store pick up. 

#26 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3277 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:04 PM

Would definitely get with GCU, full price at GS + $12 shipping = no. I could live with full price but don't get why GS can't offer FS or in store pick up.

GameStop is being very smart, which is also very douchey in this case. They know damn well that this is a very rare and sought after item. They know that with Amazon out of the way, they’re more or less the last option for people who want this. They also know people will absolutely want this game day one.

So, online only. By not allowing in-store, they make the only option to get the special edition and have it day 1 to be paying their $22 day one shipping. But that’s all profit for them. They will mail these out before release day, via normal shipping speed, to arrive on launch day. They will not wait until a day before and do an overnight shipment.

So, they’ll pay the normal cost of shipping and pocket the rest of that $22. I will be missing out on the first ever special edition of my favorite game series because of this. I missed Amazon preorders for having a job.

On top of that, GameStop will almost certainly oversell these intentionally. That way, they “pre-auth” your card periodically from now until launch and collect interest on that money before returning it to you. Then, just before launch, the cancellation emails will be sent out. It is MUCH harder to oversell an item in-store than it is online.

I’ve decided to pay a scalper instead. I hate scalpers, but I hate GameStop more. And I hate pre-auths more than basically anything. I’d rather pay $300+ to a scalper than pay GameStop $22 for release day shipping and also deal with their periodic pre-auths leading up to the inevitable cancellation when they don’t get enough.

#27 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5869 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:18 PM

GameStop is being very smart, which is also very douchey in this case. They know damn well that this is a very rare and sought after item. They know that with Amazon out of the way, they’re more or less the last option for people who want this. They also know people will absolutely want this game day one.

So, online only. By not allowing in-store, they make the only option to get the special edition and have it day 1 to be paying their $22 day one shipping. But that’s all profit for them. They will mail these out before release day, via normal shipping speed, to arrive on launch day. They will not wait until a day before and do an overnight shipment.

So, they’ll pay the normal cost of shipping and pocket the rest of that $22. I will be missing out on the first ever special edition of my favorite game series because of this. I missed Amazon preorders for having a job.

On top of that, GameStop will almost certainly oversell these intentionally. That way, they “pre-auth” your card periodically from now until launch and collect interest on that money before returning it to you. Then, just before launch, the cancellation emails will be sent out. It is MUCH harder to oversell an item in-store than it is online.

I’ve decided to pay a scalper instead. I hate scalpers, but I hate GameStop more. And I hate pre-auths more than basically anything. I’d rather pay $300+ to a scalper than pay GameStop $22 for release day shipping and also deal with their periodic pre-auths leading up to the inevitable cancellation when they don’t get enough.

Not sure what you're talking about, but in the past few years, Gamestop only ever does an authorization the week before shipping and then does the final charge the day of shipping.  They don't do an authorization at pre-order or anytime before that week before shipment and they certainly don't collect any interest for the authorization as they never collect money until the final charge posts.  Literally your entire post is based on a fundamental misunderstanding and misrepresentation of how their online preorder system works.    

#28 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5173 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

Not sure what you're talking about, but in the past few years, Gamestop only ever does an authorization the week before shipping and then does the final charge the day of shipping. They don't do an authorization at pre-order or anytime before that week before shipment and they certainly don't collect any interest for the authorization as they never collect money until the final charge posts. Literally your entire post is based on a fundamental misunderstanding and misrepresentation of how their online preorder system works.

There’s a fundamental misunderstanding of what a preauthorization is. They don’t get the money during a preauth, that would just be an authorization. They also aren’t a bank that can collect interest on funds they don’t have.

#29 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3890 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:00 AM

GameStop is being very smart, which is also very douchey in this case.

No they aren't smart, especially continuing to piss off gamers by doing scummy shit. I really hope they get bought out.

#30 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3277 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:31 AM

Not sure what you're talking about, but in the past few years, Gamestop only ever does an authorization the week before shipping and then does the final charge the day of shipping. They don't do an authorization at pre-order or anytime before that week before shipment and they certainly don't collect any interest for the authorization as they never collect money until the final charge posts. Literally your entire post is based on a fundamental misunderstanding and misrepresentation of how their online preorder system works.

Even if you’re right about the pre-auths, that doesn’t change the fact that they’re intentionally price gouging the shipping cost for release day delivery.