PSN PAX Flash Sale - Ends 9/4 @ 11 AM ET/8 AM PT

Outlast 2 any good? I loved the first one, but I heard the second one was very different and overly difficult. Is that true?
It's good. Overall more polished than the first, and it takes you through quite a distressing journey. I wouldn't say it's too difficult, but I only played it on Normal mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of shoppe keep... anyone have experience with it?
Shoppe Keep has been on my wishlist for months. Supposedly, it's an economy/trading game that's something like Recettear on PC. This is the lowest that it's gone on PSN, but I'm still on the fence myself.

some notables:

god hand for just $3 tho if someone could chime in on how well it runs on ps3 the info would be helpful

soul survivor murdered suspect also $3 or $4 on ps3

some notables:

god hand for just $3 tho if someone could chime in on how well it runs on ps3 the info would be helpful

The game plays the same as the ps2 version. Didnt notice any slowdown or anything so its 100% playable. Grab the game, $3 for one of the best games of all time is a steal.

3 flash sales in 1 month, amazing.
Considering most have been mere copy/paste sales, not really.

Edit: yup, aside from the added ps1/2 Classics, this is the same ol same ol. Got Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the same price 6 months ago.

Shoppe Keep has been on my wishlist for months. Supposedly, it's an economy/trading game that's something like Recettear on PC. This is the lowest that it's gone on PSN, but I'm still on the fence myself.
Yes that’s why I’m interested but the reviews were not kind...

Thinking about jumping on all those Siukoden titles for $17.99,or the first two at least because they can be played portable...

Yes that’s why I’m interested but the reviews were not kind...
I always read the Steam reviews for PS4 games if they're available because most of them are posted by players and not by the developers, the publishers, or the journalists who might or might not be getting kickbacks from the developers and the publishers. After I sift through the garbage, I generally use the well-thought out reviews as a guide to decide whether to buy the game or not. The Steam page for Shoppe Keep is here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/381120/Shoppe_Keep/

But, regardless, the decision to buy it really comes down to two things. First, can you afford to spend $7 on it? And, second, will you get $7 worth of enjoyment out of the game after you buy it? Those are the questions that I ask myself before buying anything on these flash sales.

There are times when you will play an indie game and instantly fall in love with it, there are times when a game has to grow on you, and there are times when a game is going to be absolutely shitty and you're going to hate it. I still don't know which category Shoppe Keep falls into, but there you go.

I always read the Steam reviews for PS4 games if they're available because most of them are posted by players and not by the developers, the publishers, or the journalists who might or might not be getting kickbacks from the developers and the publishers. After I sift through the garbage, I generally use the well-thought out reviews as a guide to decide whether to buy the game or not. The Steam page for Shoppe Keep is here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/381120/Shoppe_Keep/

But, regardless, the decision to buy it really comes down to two things. First, can you afford to spend $7 on it? And, second, will you get $7 worth of enjoyment out of the game after you buy it? Those are the questions that I ask myself before buying anything on these flash sales.

There are times when you will play an indie game and instantly fall in love with it, there are times when a game has to grow on you, and there are times when a game is going to be absolutely shitty and you're going to hate it. I still don't know which category Shoppe Keep falls into, but there you go.
I don't know, this seems way too logical.

Sleeping Dogs any good...I was looking at the PS3 version for $3 but the PS4 version comes with all the dlc. 

Sleeping Dogs any good...I was looking at the PS3 version for $3 but the PS4 version comes with all the dlc.
The game is a tiny bit dated compared to GTAV, but the story and melee combat are much better than GTAV's single player offerings. Also the final DLC was an actual continuation post-story mode, unlike GTAV's total focus shift to multiplayer.

Yes. I would describe it as a Hong Kong version of True Crime with Batman style combat.
That would be appropriate since it actually was another installment in the True Crime series until Square Enix got a hold of it.

some notables:

I can also confirm God Hand runs well. Played through it last year and had zero issues. It's actually suppose to run better than on PS2 but I never played that one so you'd have to take Digital Foundry's word.

Thoughts on child of light? Thinking about playing this game for a while
I bought it last flash sale, pretty sure it's cross buy for vita iirc, worth it, fun game, and I hear they are making a sequel. It's turn based combat with some touch screen actions you can do during it so it's not just sit and wait, you can heal or slow opponents, it's about a 12 hour game, so good buy for people that don't have much time for long jrpg's etc. I enjoyed it.

for 3 dollars more, why wouldn't you get the current gen version? 3 dollars...............
Space? Before I upgraded to a 1 TB hard drive PS4, I often bought the PS3 versions since I had more space on my PS3.

And if you guys haven't bought Neon Chrome yet, I would definitely get it during this sale. Loads of replay value there.

I bought it last flash sale, pretty sure it's cross buy for vita iirc, worth it, fun game, and I hear they are making a sequel. It's turn based combat with some touch screen actions you can do during it so it's not just sit and wait, you can heal or slow opponents, it's about a 12 hour game, so good buy for people that don't have much time for long jrpg's etc. I enjoyed it.
It's not Cross Buy.

also noticed symphony of the night for $5. best version of the best game ever made. plays on ps one or ps3 or psp or emu

The game plays the same as the ps2 version. Didnt notice any slowdown or anything so its 100% playable. Grab the game, $3 for one of the best games of all time is a steal.
cool thanks.

Thinking about jumping on all those Siukoden titles for $17.99,or the first two at least because they can be played portable...
Every man, woman, and child in the world should own Suikoden II. I wish Konami could be forced to sell off their properties to a company that actually cares about awesome things.

Thoughts on child of light? Thinking about playing this game for a while
I adored it when I played on ps4 years ago. It's entirely unique and as someone who likes very specific turn-based combat games (Persona 5, Advanced Wars, Paper Mario and Valkyria Chronicles yay) I loved Child of Light's take on the genre. Fresh, rewarding, and at times challenging. During that Ubi Art era there were some greats like Valiant Hearts, but CoL was the best one released, hands down.

No random encounters either!

Every man, woman, and child in the world should own Suikoden II. I wish Konami could be forced to sell off their properties to a company that actually cares about awesome things.
Apparently, I already owned the first three games digitally and didn't know it. So, I bought the fourth game along with Shoppe Keep for PS4, the two Darkstalkers games for PS1, and all of the Tomb Raider games for PS1. Some of those Tomb Raider games were as low as 89 cents each. Couldn't pass up those.

Outlast 2 any good? I loved the first one, but I heard the second one was very different and overly difficult. Is that true?
I'd put it squarely in the "really good but not quite as good as the first game and the Whistleblower DLC" category. The story/vibe is definitely different, obviously, but it's pretty cool and definitely has its messed up moments. The only thing I didn't like is that it's a bit more linear and scripted. Whereas most of the intense chase scenes in the first felt kind of haphazard and like you're kind of fudging your way through trying not to be seen (or running and hiding when you are seen), there are some chase scenes in 2 that are very scripted with scripted scares and specific paths the game wants you to follow, often causing you to die a dozen times while you find those paths or try to get there without getting killed.

Still a really good game, though.

bread's done
Back