Gravitar

Liberator

Lunar Lander

Major Havoc

Missile Command

Millipede

Quantum

Tempest

Seems like they combined the 2 different Atari cabs offered by Arcade1up and then added some new games. Gravitar and Quantum are very cool and are very expensive in their full-size form.

Nice of them to give free shipping on this item as I imagine it would cost a pretty penny to ship as it looks heavy as hell.

Pretty cool.  Lots of options with these cabinets and there is a rumor they are making table-top units for next year.  I'm in wait and see mode on these because I could go nuts.

Man I feel old. When I was a kid, I remember playing Asteroids and Centipede every time I went to Pizza Hut.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's $300-400.  A good, current, multi-game arcade machine is ~$3,000 (Pac-Man Pixel Party), so temper your expectations accordingly in terms of screen, build, etc.

These machines will be the perfect price point for the guy who wants a game in his basement and doesn't wanna hunt down a used one on Craigslist. Moreover, those older games with the CRTs can have monitor issues. Purists will poo-poo this, but this COULD be the gateway drug for those who want to get into the hobby.

Now if only pinball machines were cheaper...

Been debating on getting the Street Fighter one for $299. It just worries me that there’s not very many games. If it could be modded, I’d be all over it. Technically you could probably build a cabinet that ran EmulationStation on a Raspberry Pie for about the same. Way more games but a little more work. Instructables has a few decent set ups.

I'm hoping these sell well so that they produce some of the ones they made a poll for on their twitter ( nba jam, marvel vs capcom, tmnt)

It's $300-400. A good, current, multi-game arcade machine is ~$3,000 (Pac-Man Pixel Party), so temper your expectations accordingly in terms of screen, build, etc.
Ok, but this doesn't have Pac-Man Pixel Party. And a regular Pac-Man cabinet only costs probably $500-$1000

If you are buying this for asteroids you loose the arcade control setup on this one. and if you buy for centipede you loose having a vertical monitor on this one. that kinda of kills the point of buying these if you dont get real arcade feel.

you better of buying the 299 ones

I’m so tempted on this. I wish the other Midway cab had Robotron on it instead of Rampage. That would be a must buy for me then.

If you want to be a big spender, there's always http://www.arcadelegends.com/ or chicago-gaming.com (for the main site)

I have a different model than the one they're selling now but I'm satisfied with the quality of it. Like 125 games on it

It's like 3 grand on Amazon and they have an expansion pack with more games.

Actually, now I'm upset, the 3's expansion pack has Spy Hunter and Gorf

I saw a picture online of a guy standing next to this as I think its the same brand. I want to say its not much over 4 feet tall. (I am totally guessing on this) For the price, I wouldn't expect a full size unit or even that great of quality.

40575710_2064752496891205_5180743617207074816_n.jpg

These machines will be the perfect price point for the guy who wants a game in his basement and doesn't wanna hunt down a used one on Craigslist. Moreover, those older games with the CRTs can have monitor issues. Purists will poo-poo this, but this COULD be the gateway drug for those who want to get into the hobby.

Now if only pinball machines were cheaper...
A super gun is a gateway drug. This is likely more of a bad trip.

I saw a picture online of a guy standing next to this as I think its the same brand. I want to say its not much over 4 feet tall. (I am totally guessing on this) For the price, I wouldn't expect a full size unit or even that great of quality.

Yeesh. That looks really really short. I couldn't sit in front of it comfortably on a stool. And the additional stand seems to make it high enough to not work with a chair, but still too short to stand at comfortably. My son will love it, but me.....I'm still really not sure about this. I'm holding out hope for the rumored table-tops.

pretty sure that is Brian Posehn and he is 6'7"

fwiw they were pretty open about the height of the machines, and that the riser is intended to bring it to near normal arcade height, nobody has been fooled about this fact

pretty sure that is Brian Posehn and he is 6'7"
Actually that's Youtuber John Riggs, part of the MetalJesusRocks crew. His channel is mostly old school retro gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVcEZWjLVLo&t=7s

He is somewhere in the upper 6 feet if I recall.

The snob in me thinks this isn't as cool anymore mow that it's mainstream and mass produced. Would love to see more competition otherwise I'll stick with custom cab makers and stick my own Raspberry Pi in there.

Wouldn't the weight of classic arcade machines have more to do with the fact that they have CRT tvs in them whereas a modern built one would have a LCD tv? Well that would be part of the heavy weight.

From the best buy site, more accurate picture for scale:

6288355cv17d.jpg
and that's already on a stand. they should've made the stand 6" taller i think

Edit: look where his feet are! i think this guy's actually slouching to the side to make the machine look taller, and it still looks too short. or is it just because the controls for that game are on the left side and it's more comfortable standing to the side? that cant be true

and that's already on a stand. they should've made the stand 6" taller i think

Edit: look where his feet are! i think this guy's actually slouching to the side to make the machine look taller, and it still looks too short. or is it just because the controls for that game are on the left side and it's more comfortable standing to the side? that cant be true
That's so crazy. Even with the $100 riser, it's still way too low. If you make the riser any taller, the system itself may fall over. They really need to go back to the drawing board, or we all should wait for version 2. I'm guessing that you can sit on a chair to play the cabinets with the riser, but I don't know how two adults can sit next to each other since there's not enough space there.

That's so crazy. Even with the $100 riser, it's still way too low. If you make the riser any taller, the system itself may fall over. They really need to go back to the drawing board, or we all should wait for version 2. I'm guessing that you can sit on a chair to play the cabinets with the riser, but I don't know how two adults can sit next to each other since there's not enough space there.
on the official website, they even show you should be sitting on a chair when not on a stand, and when on a stand, you'll be bending your neck

https://www.arcade1up.com/

I wonder if the vertical orientation games have been modified in some way to work better with the horizontal screen because based on the pictures from the BestBuy site, Millipede (or is it Centipede?) appears to fill the full screen: (or at least be more square than vertical or horizontal)

That said, unless they release an "all games in one" unit (with dual joysticks, 6 buttons per player, trackball and spinner) plus Robotron and Galaga, Ill pass. 

But I do agree this is a gateway to bigger and more expensive things. Once you play on a smaller unit like this, you'll start craving the original experience you had playing a full-size cabinet. The weight and sturdiness of the original cabinets plays a part of the experience, because you really notice it if the cabinet starts moving around or tilting is you jerk the joystick around when playing some games. 

If you are going to buy one this is it. $100 more combining 2 machines with 4 bonus games with the $40 riser. It’s a savings of $240. If you are going to get one of the Atari machines, you have to buy the 12 in 1.

I want the Galaga machine but this is too good to pass up. With all its apparent quality concerns, I’ll buy 1 machine. Fatal Fury machine will pair up nicely.

Just my 2 cents.

Ill buy one soon as they release a TMNT one. For height issues I think finding an adustable stool or small table would solve that I would think.

Ill buy one soon as they release a TMNT one. For height issues I think finding an adustable stool or small table would solve that I would think.
at 19 inches wide that would be under 5 inches per players if 4 player cab.

I think it would be cool if you could link cabs together for multi play like a daytona usa

I've seen rumors of one with TMNT: The Arcade Game, X-Men, and Simpsons. That is one that I would absolutely throw money at immediately, but with the current sizes, I don't see more than 3 players on a cabinet like that.

I'm getting the SF cab hoping and probably put in a MAME unit. I actually prefer the smaller unit, no space for a full size. 

The problem with pinball machines is that they were never intended/designed to last longer than a few years. Maintenance upkeep is constant on pinball machines.
This, pinball machines are insanely expensive right now. The upkeep really is constant, you can play one game for a few minutes and BAM! you are out $100 or more in parts to fix an issue you can only imagine. Not to mention the fact that you need special tools if you plan on working on pinball machines, and if you have one you will be working on it. Not so bad if you already have the tools and a stash of common parts, but if you are a newcomer who has never thought about owning a pinball, doing electronics work or anything else like this its going to be very expensive to get started.

For what you would spend on one, its worth dropping $20 at the local pinball hall every couple weeks to play, because in the long run it will be way cheaper no matter how you look at it. Thankfully I happen to have a local pinball hall with over 60+ machines in it and they always get the latest machine.

I've seen rumors of one with TMNT: The Arcade Game, X-Men, and Simpsons. That is one that I would absolutely throw money at immediately, but with the current sizes, I don't see more than 3 players on a cabinet like that.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Just because of licensing.

bread's done
Back