Yet another mention of CAG from the media...

Ganelon

CAGiversary!
Page 155 of the latest (June) issue of Computer Shopper (obtained through a free subscription courtesy of a link here) has CAG listed as a topnotch site to find more game deals. It's nice to see the site get some more attention.

That's how I found out about this site in the first place, through a magazine mention. I think it was CGW. Its pretty cool that Cheapy is getting all this free advert.

Same here, EGM all the way. I would say that Gamepro is second but I've noticed lately they've been too generous with their review scores.

I forget where I found this site. probably through google or something like that (I know I did not find out about it from a magazine or message board)

I found CAG from surfing the "Hot Deals" forum on Anandtech. I believe it was the deal where there was a 33% coupon for select games. I think CheapyD posted it himself. The two games listed that I wanted were Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Disgaea. I got such a good deal I decided I wanted to get another copy of each, but alas. Those 2 choices were gone. Still probably the best deals I have scored ever if you don't count eBay.

Chris

I first saw CAG a week or so after it first was born, but didn't sign up to the forums about a month after because I was so damn lazy.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']i think i found this site through fatwallet.com, i think it was the super mario advance 4 with gba sp deal, sometime around xmas.[/quote]

i also found it through fw, although it was for a different deal :)

I would out about it in the December issue of EGM. The article about good sites to get deals on video games. Thanks for the savings Cheapy

I got here from Gamefaqs. I think I signed up for the message boards almost right away, but I waited awhile to start posting.

I kept seeing this site mentioned on other websites, like ign, gamefaqs, magic box international, etc., multiple times so that I HAD to look. That and the name is so catchy. :lol:

This place was actually mentioned in EGM? I'm surprised, but then again I'm too cheap to buy a video game magazine...websites are so much better, and have much more current information.

djwins (If I recall correctly, that's CheapyD when he roamed the GameFAQs world!) had a small following of CAGs on GameFAQs just after this site launched, so through getting my attention in sigs, I came here and haven't been to the FAQs boards since!

I long for the days of pre-egm. No offense to all of the new people after that, but this place was a LOT easier to get deals then.

In the Letters section of EGM, a reader pointed out CAG as a good site for game deals. How right he was! I love this site, though I miss out on most of the good deals. I use to pay for magazine subscriptions; now I know to search for free ones. :D

bread's done
Back