[Dead] Best Buy FREE $15 SAVINGS CODE when you buy $150 in e-gift cards 9/9/18-9/22/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomphoenix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

• Valid 9/9/18-9/22/18 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 10/7/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 10/7/18-10/20/18.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings code will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may redeemed online and in store.
  • The value of the savings code will not be refunded if merchandise is returned or an order is cancelled.
bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great promotion if you have a higher priced item you want to purchase.  Last time they did it I got a new cell phone and a PS4 VR bundle and got $30 in codes back eventually.

I did this last year and

This is a great promotion if you have a higher priced item you want to purchase. Last time they did it I got a new cell phone and a PS4 VR bundle and got $30 in codes back eventually.
I used this on a new cell phone too for mom last year and it worked perfectly. I might do the same this year to get me a new cell phone.

Naturally, 2 days after my GCU expires, this promotion finally comes back around. I was hoping it would show up again a bit sooner, so I could use the gift cards to pay off the rest of my GCU pre-orders. Oh well.  :cry:

I've done this every time it's been offered this year, and have just done so again! It really is an outstanding deal. I'll preorder Resident evil 2 when the code comes in, getting it for $32 (48-15-1) and still have $115 or so on that gift card for black Friday. Good stuff.

Am I correct in assuming that I can use the $15 savings code on pre-orders? 

I'd like to apply it to a RDR2 pre-order if it'll work.

I haven't participated recently, but when I did the "savings codes" were equivalent to gift cards. You could use multiple on any type of order, except maybe gift cards. They are explicitly not calling them gift cards because they expire

I haven't participated recently, but when I did the "savings codes" were equivalent to gift cards. You could use multiple on any type of order, except maybe gift cards. They are explicitly not calling them gift cards because they expire
welp, I'm buying 2 then. Thank you!

Thinking about picking up some codes. Just not sure if I'll spend that much if they get rid of my GCU early. 

If I buy 1 $450 gift card will I receive 3 $15 savings codes or just 1. I'd much rather have one gift card then 3 $150's but I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I don't feel like fighting for the other 2 if they only count by transactions instead of by whole amounts.

If I buy 1 $450 gift card will I receive 3 $15 savings codes or just 1. I'd much rather have one gift card then 3 $150's but I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I don't feel like fighting for the other 2 if they only count by transactions instead of by whole amounts.
You’ll get 3 $15 saving codes.

Does anyone know if these egift cards count towards rewards and elite status when you purchase them?

Does anyone know if these egift cards count towards rewards and elite status when you purchase them?
They do, theres a option to add your membership number at checkout. Im not sure if you get points but it definitely adds to your money spent per year.

They do, theres a option to add your membership number at checkout. Im not sure if you get points but it definitely adds to your money spent per year.
Thank you. Added my number just in case.

Are you sure about this? Last time I bought three of these ones to get my HomePod (I believe) and I didn't get any of the points :(
And yes, I added my membership number

Just adding my experience, bought $150 yesterday adding my member ID during checkout and today it showed up in my pending rewards points and purchase history.

Ugh, all bestbuy.cashstar.com URLs are currently giving me an HTTP 403 Access Denied. That includes the help page.

Last time I had issues with Cashstar cards (the gift cards weren't "activated" somehow), Best Buy washed their hands of it and told me I had to work with Cashstar.

I have a question about this if anyone knows the answer. Do you have to specifically buy one $150 gift card to get the $15 code? Or can you, say, buy three $50 gift cards and still get it?

I have a question about this if anyone knows the answer. Do you have to specifically buy one $150 gift card to get the $15 code? Or can you, say, buy three $50 gift cards and still get it?
It will show the promo card in your cart before you check out if you qualify. So you can try it and find out.

Does anyone know if these count as "outside" of Best Buy purchase (as opposed to in store)? I just received an e-mail from my Best Buy Visa with an offer to receive a $50 gift card with $1000 in "outside" Best Buy purchases. If I purchase 3 of these to get the $45 in bonus gift cards, I'm already almost halfway there. I also have some travel plans coming up, and they are offering 4% back on entertainment purchases, like theme park tickets, so I could easily find myself spending $1000. 

If not, with my GCU being expired, I'm not sure I really need $450 in Best Buy gift cards anymore, except maybe for Steelbooks and/or Black Friday deals.

The last 2 times this deal ran, I used my Best Buy CC to buy these, and I got credit towards my annual Elite membership thresholds, but I don't believe I received any points toward certificates. Also, when Best Buy has issues with these gift cards, they usually send people to Cashstar for problem solving, which makes me wonder if they count as Best Buy store purchases or not.

Not sure but I'm going to try because I got $15 for $300 offer on my BB card. I guess we'll see
I doubt it as if you're buying from bb.com website, that's not an outside purchase.

Anyhow, interestingly enough, I got $30 reward certs for $300 in outside purchases. Seems like people are getting various offers. My offer works out to be 10% back so it's worth moving some of my regular spending to my BB credit card.

I bought the tomb raider Xbox one x bundle with this good looks!
VrtrQKp.gif

Hmm I had the same offer on for my best buy visa which was $15 back in points on a $300 on outside spend. They would not take the card directly even called best buy visa CS and they said everything was good on there end and they didn't even see a $300 charge. So I just used it through paypal and it worked.

Got mine. I'll probably give it a week to see if any good DOTD's pop up, and if not ill just use it on a RE2 preorder

Got my code.  Be sure to use it by October 20th.  If its anything like in the past, they can be used on preorders that come out after that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back