CAGcast #561: SNIKT! SNIKT!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang discuss Spider-Man PS4, NBA 2k19, Apple news, using an Xbox One controller on PS4, and so much more!
Download (1 hr 24 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is sponsored by Hello Fresh!
For a total of $60 off, that’s $20 off your first 3 boxes, visit HelloFresh.com/cagcast60 and enter cagcast60

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Gigi D'Agostino - L'Amour Toujours (Mike Candys 2015 Bootleg Remix)
Outro - Gymkata (Theatrical Trailer)
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why couldn't Wombat just use the earbuds that come with the iPhone 7/8/X/etc?  He doesn't strike me as the obsessive audiophile type.  If it's some sort of deformed ear issue I apologize.

A Superman story that world make a great movie would be Time And Time Again. A time traveling bad guy blasts Superman into the past and he goes through different eras trying to get back: prehistoric, King Arthur, WWII, and the far future.

Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee will be the first major Pokemon games I don't pick up since playing the original Red/Blue (Green) over 20 years ago. Probably had I not been there since day one I would've ditched the series a long time ago as it failed to evolve with the times IMO... Are there any series you guys patronized for a long time that you finally had to give up on? 

Also, the Polymega is basically the Ouya of neo-retro consoles: it promises to do everything but most likely will fail to deliver anything meaningful... if they even deliver the unit at all. LMAO at those "rewards" https://www.polymega.com/rewards/

Would be a real marvel of modern engineering to actually end up with "the most compatible console of all time" after "Sega CDing" an NES onto a PSX/Playstation. I had a hard enough time getting the originals of of those three systems to work when mine were brand new...

You probably won't like this particular new Pokemon game that much as it seems like it's designed to be really easy to play. Oh the last two games have definitely evolved with the times, and feature some complicated gaming mechanics and quite messed up stories. Unless it's all about graphics, if you mean "with the times."

Wombat, have you seen this? "Make Sure You Are Really the Last Dragonborn"

I think this was the most I laughed during a CAGcast in the four years I've been listening.  Ping pong robot meeting the Beatles was a gem.  I've been sick on the couch all week, so thanks for a great show!

Question for Shipwreck.

Shipwreck often makes the joke "Did you capture B?" when it comes to FPS arena shooters - which is not his genre. When I look at games like Spider-Man, it is a lot of collecting and basically running errands i.e. finding landmarks and locating backpacks. These are things that everyone can do - without much of a challenge. Meanwhile, capturing B involves coordinated teamwork which isn't always successful. There is a challenge there, you may or may not capture B. Meanwhile, you will locate all the landmarks in Spider-Man and find all the backpacks.

So, where is the challenge in Spider-Man? It does have great combat, but the game just comes off as easy. It just feels like a game where I run errands.

just wanted to drop in and thank you guys for being my go-to weekend podcast these past few years since I moved to NYC - I've been listening close to 8 years now.

It's always a pleasure to listen to the crew and it's officially the weekend if the CAGCast is on. I hope you guys don't underestimate the impact you have on us folks whether or not there's a ton of show feedback!

CheapyD brought up that he's not sure how the Spider-Man game can be improved upon. The game borrows from the Batman: Arkham games, and it had me wondering what Rocksteady Studios would want to do with that series. What do you guys think? Are there any mechanics or features in this game you'd want to see implemented in the next Batman game? Then again, I heard rumors they were working on a different property. 

I just got the Brook X One Adapter based on Cheepy's suggestion and i absolutely love it! Thank you so much. No more hand cramps after 30 minutes of playing my PS4. It's a touch pricey but worth every cent so far.  

So, you guys mentioned you dont need a Kinect for voice commands anymore....but you never went back to it. (unless I somehow missed it). I googled but didnt see much about it. Whats the deal with voice commands (Seinfeld voice) 

Also on the iPhone front. I've bought every other iPhone (once every two years) since the iPhone 3G. I think they've priced me out of this upgrade. The XS and XS Max are just way too expensive now. I would have to get the 256gb version making it $1150 at a minimum. Thats just crazy. "So why not get the XR cheap ass?" The camera, its a downgrade from the iPhone 7 Plus. No optical zoom. Why couldn't they have just put the iPhone 8 plus camera in the XR and added $50 to the price? 

I'm also incredibly frustrated with the carrier's new plans. Pay $xx.xx a month for your phone for two years. I held on to my pay $199-$299 upfront but sign a two year contract plan for as long as possible. My business pays for mine and my wife's phone monthly. We would just buy our phone and move on. But spending $2500 for two new phones seems crazy now. I can't finance it through AT&T without it going on my business' bill. This is likely the first time I'll have to skip a new phone every 24 months. 

really laughed out loud a lot this episode, Wombat's various voices were funny. I've been playing a lot of spider-man, kind of burning out with the collecting stuff, but it is a very well done game, for sure. wanted to give a shout out to the discord, had some fun conversations on there. thanks for putting the podcast out!

So, you guys mentioned you dont need a Kinect for voice commands anymore....but you never went back to it. (unless I somehow missed it). I googled but didnt see much about it. Whats the deal with voice commands (Seinfeld voice)
You can use any xbox headset or any device that has Cortana or Alexa integrated i.e. your pc, windows phone or Echo.

Hey fellas, 

So I just went back to 2015 and listened to every episode up to current about 6-8 hours a day at work. (We don't have wifi at work) Just wanted to remind you all about how Wombat was hesitant about Fallout and ended up loving it. Shipwreck had some issues ordering his theater chairs for weeks and weeks, and Cheapy totally passed out while pooping. Oh! And don't forget about Wombat's daughter who can talk to ghost grandmas. Been a great few weeks of "hanging out" with you guys at work. 

*** Feedback ***

Wombat since 2015, say mid year, has had at least 50 times of referring to penis, wang, dong, what have you in the CAG intro and every time Cheapy acts all grossed out, but never stops it from happening. I think Cheapy secretly enjoys Wombat's range of unending penis references. 

Hey fellas,

So I just went back to 2015 and listened to every episode up to current about 6-8 hours a day at work. (We don't have wifi at work) Just wanted to remind you all about how Wombat was hesitant about Fallout and ended up loving it. Shipwreck had some issues ordering his theater chairs for weeks and weeks, and Cheapy totally passed out while pooping. Oh! And don't forget about Wombat's daughter who can talk to ghost grandmas. Been a great few weeks of "hanging out" with you guys at work.

*** Feedback ***

Wombat since 2015, say mid year, has had at least 50 times of referring to penis, wang, dong, what have you in the CAG intro and every time Cheapy acts all grossed out, but never stops it from happening. I think Cheapy secretly enjoys Wombat's range of unending penis references.
What is life if not a one big dick joke?

bread's done
Back