Diablo 3: Eternal Collection Switch Best Buy Preorder

Just say HELL NO to Nintendo for wanting to charge $60 for a game that's been out for 6 years and you can buy on other consoles for half price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just say HELL NO to inaccurate information. Fact. The edition that the switch is getting was not available 6 years ago. Fact. This version also retailed for $60 on other consoles in 2017 when it released. Fact, the digital version on PS Store, when not on sale like it is this week for once, retails for $60. Fact. Picking 2 random retailers, Amazon & Best Buy, shows the physical PS4 version retailing for $40. There's no location in the known Universe where 40 = 50% of 60.

Just say HELL NO to inaccurate information. Fact. The edition that the switch is getting was not available 6 years ago. Fact. This version also retailed for $60 on other consoles in 2017 when it released. Fact, the digital version on PS Store, when not on sale like it is this week for once, retails for $60. Fact. Picking 2 random retailers, Amazon & Best Buy, shows the physical PS4 version retailing for $40. There's no location in the known Universe where 40 = 50% of 60.
Fact. The internet overexaggerates everything and you're taking it a little too personally.

The Eternal Collection is 50% at the Xbox Marketplace this week.

I was thinking of getting it because it seems like one of those iconic game most gamers should try, but idk.  I played Path of Exile and Van Helsing (the only games I've played that are most similar to Diablo 3) and I found them to be lukewarm.

the physical versions of eternal collection on ps4/xbone launched at $40. not supporting this switch tax bs.
I love how people just state something out of context.

Q: What is the Diablo III: Eternal Collection?

A: Players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will have the opportunity to purchase an all-in-one package in the Eternal Collection. This bundle includes both the Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition and the Rise of the Necromancer pack, and will be available at a special introductory price of $39.99 USD (reg. $59.99 SRP).
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/20845159

Yep, it's 100% Nintendo's fault.

and also for those that still want to bash the game and Nintendo etc.

that "Launch price" was for 1 week........ and then it was $60 JUST LIKE THE PHYSICAL COPY.

yes.... the $40 price tag was DIGITAL ONLY for that first week. and you HAD to have PS+ or Xbox Live to get that $40 price.

but again, blame Nintendo.

Anyone can search and find the history, but as we can see it's easier to just complain and state BS they can't back up.

https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-3-the-eternal-collection-bundles-the-new-necromancer-class-base-game-and-reaper-of-souls-on-console/

https://www.storeparser.com/en-US/xbox-one/deals/bundle-112204/diablo-iii-eternal-collection/

Notice how you STILL CAN'T READ........

the DIGITAL COPY WAS AT $40 FOR ONE WEEK THE PHYSICAL DISC WAS $60...........
Notice how you're the one who's incapable of reading. The PHYSICAL DISC VERSION OF ETERNAL COLLECTION ON PS4 AND XBONE LAUNCHED AT $40 MSRP.

Notice how you're the one who's incapable of reading. The PHYSICAL DISC VERSION OF ETERNAL COLLECTION ON PS4 AND XBONE LAUNCHED AT $40 MSRP.
Ignorance is fucking bliss.

It will be made available digitally on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold members will receive a limited time, special introductory price of $39.99 instead of the standard $59.99.
PS+ and Xbox LIVE members get a RETAIL discount on a PHYSICAL COPY through the digital stores?...

Go ahead. explain.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/20/diablo-3-rise-of-the-necromancer-release-date-revealed

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 can get the Diablo III Eternal Collection, which includes the base game, Reaper of Souls expansion and Rise of the Necromancer. Xbox Gold and PlayStation Plus members can get the Eternal Collection for $40 USD when it launches. The price is a "special introductory price," meaning it's a limited time deal, and non-Gold or Plus members will have to pay $60.
Try and do at least a LITTLE research.

Ignorance is fucking bliss.

PS+ and Xbox LIVE members get a RETAIL discount on a PHYSICAL COPY through the digital stores?...

Go ahead. explain.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/20/diablo-3-rise-of-the-necromancer-release-date-revealed

Try and do at least a LITTLE research.
Good God, how can one be this dense? Why the fuck are you talking about the digital version that came out last year? THE PHYSICAL VERSION, WHICH CAME OUT LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AGO, LAUNCHED AT $40 MSRP EVERYWHERE. Go look it up at every place that sells it. It'll be $40 or lower. Now get lost.

Good God, how can one be this dense? Why the fuck are you talking about the digital version that came out last year? THE PHYSICAL VERSION, WHICH CAME OUT LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AGO, LAUNCHED AT $40 MSRP EVERYWHERE. Go look it up at every place that sells it. It'll be $40 or lower. Now get lost.
for a game that was ALREADY out on the system and ALREADY sold at $60.

It was the 3rd RELEASE of the game on the system.

Diablo 3 $60

Diablo 3 UUE $60

Diablo 3 Eternal collection $40 for 1 week, then $60

4th release if you talk the disc copy.

This is the FIRST release on Switch. at $60.

YOU don't want it? then DON'T BUY IT.

You should stay out of the LRG thread for sure.

for a game that was ALREADY out on the system and ALREADY sold at $60.

It was the 3rd RELEASE of the game on the system.

Diablo 3 $60

Diablo 3 UUE $60

Diablo 3 Eternal collection $40 for 1 week, then $60

4th release if you talk the disc copy.

This is the FIRST release on Switch. at $60.

YOU don't want it? then DON'T BUY IT.

You should stay out of the LRG thread for sure.
Now that you've been BTFO, you move the goalpost. Typical. BTW Vanilla D3 never came out on PS4/Xbone. Try and do at least a LITTLE research. Switch tax ftl.

Vanilla was on PS3/360 correct. There was the transfer path that I did, forgot it was after RoS.

I've had digital since day 1 on PS3

You are still wrong on the price though.... 

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1403207/diablo-iii-eternal-collection

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/1490485/diablo-iii-eternal-collection

You are trying to compare a game released multiple times in multiple different versions on 2 generations of each console, to a NEW release on a NEW console that has never had it.

If it isn't for you at $60 then wait til it is your price to decide. For me, I wouldn't pay $60 either and I play every day. I would wait for $40-45. My GCU expires in December so for $47.99 plus tax for day of release...I'm in. Thx OP for posting. I had been checking every day for BB but didn't yesterday. Trying to close out this season 14 with pure surpremacy.

I love this excuse man. It's magical.

I guess I should have to pay $100 for Shenmue 1&2 since, you know, it launched at $50 MSRP each.

Next time one of those Genesis collections gets released again (and it will) I'll be sure to pay the cashier $500+ for it just to be sure I'm buying every title in the collection fairly and at the cost it was released at.

This is will widely avail “used” at GameStop come BF b2f1 sales. W/ elite status, appx $32. Not a bad price for a portable hack & slash loot game. I’m in at that price.

The Switch ports of every game gets the overpriced versions.....I would say wait until it goes for 39 bucks like the others but once again by then the other superior console versions would be going for $20.00 anyways...lol

I played this 4x on PS3, 360, Xbone and PS4. I can safely say I'm completely burned out on it. For someone going in their first time to play it, it's well worth full price imo. 

I'd buy it again if Nintendo had an achievement system. 

Lol at idiots that think Nintendo sets the prices of third party games...
For real like wtf happened at the beginning of this thread lol.

Blizzard ported the game (which costs money people it's not like flipping a switch) so Blizzard charged what they wanted to recoup that cost.

There is that switch tax for physical copies (making those bleach cartridges cost like $7-$10 apparently) but it's up to the publishers to push that cost onto the consumers not Nintendo.

Also it's the first blizzard game on a Nintendo console in like 15 years so they're probably seeing what they can get away with.

Also Skyrim was/is $60 calm down people.

Lol at idiots that think Nintendo sets the prices of third party games...
You sure they're not simply referring to the comparatively higher price of Nintendo games? Because that is all on Nintendo.

Edit: I think I saw the post you're referring to. You were not referring to the Nintendo tax as I thought you were.

bread's done
Back