Advice on Tracking Console Prices + Choosing a Console

Schubydooo

CAGiversary!
Hello, I'm planning on making 2 large purchases by the end of the year and was hoping there would be an easy way to track upcoming deals and price drops on the Xbox One and PS4. This site is fantastic for getting ahead of Black Friday and Holiday deals, but something automatic to track deals until then would be very useful. I'm not planning on buying both, the second large purchase is a Google Pixel. For that I'm waiting for Pixel 3 release and hoping for a price drop on the 2, if you know how to track this item that would be helpful also.

Considering I will be choosing between Xbox and PS4, I was also hoping to get some incite from people who own both consoles on which one is better. I'm leaning towards PS4 for Bloodborne and I don't like the idea of paying yearly for online access, but Microsoft is introducing game streaming (unfortunately not included with live) and that seemed very intriguing. Plus, I primarily use my PC for gaming and it seems like Xbox communicates with the PC well, but I don't know if that would make it worth it.

Some small details that may or may not be useful for helping me find the right console: I regularly stream content from my PC to a TV via a long HDMI cable. I owned a Playstation 2, but have no experience or knowledge of PSN. I have heard PSN is free, but I don't know if this is accurate or if the free version is much worse than PSN+. I owned a Xbox 360 and have experience and an account with Xbox Live.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to being back in the console loop.  :)

bread's done
Back