- - - - -

Notification issues

#1 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:19 PM

When someone likes or quotes a post I make, I see the number next to the notification area of the top bar. When I try to click on this to see what the notification is it never loads. I've tried on multiple devices and browsers. 

I can open the notification area in a new tab to view my notifications, but the pop-up doesn't work for me any more. 

Anyone have a solution to this? 

• eulogywerd21 likes this

#2 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3496 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

When someone likes or quotes a post I make, I see the number next to the notification area of the top bar. When I try to click on this to see what the notification is it never loads. I've tried on multiple devices and browsers. 

I can open the notification area in a new tab to view my notifications, but the pop-up doesn't work for me any more. 

Anyone have a solution to this? 

A month later than you and I'm now having this issue too. The Notification number is there, but clicking it just shows endless loading. I logged out, then back in and nothing. Don't know what else to try.

#3 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

I'm still having the issue intermittently. It happens at work on my desktop, at home on my desktop and macbook, and on my phone connected to wifi or 4g. 

I can't figure out what's causing the issue and the only solution I've found so far is to right click that notification button and then click open in new tab. Then I have to select all new notifications and delete them. A few days later I'll get another instance of the notification dropdown hanging up and have to manually clear the notifications. 

#4 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3496 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:50 AM

I'm still having the issue intermittently. It happens at work on my desktop, at home on my desktop and macbook, and on my phone connected to wifi or 4g. 

I can't figure out what's causing the issue and the only solution I've found so far is to right click that notification button and then click open in new tab. Then I have to select all new notifications and delete them. A few days later I'll get another instance of the notification dropdown hanging up and have to manually clear the notifications. 

Yeah, everything I've signed into CAG on does the same thing. The right clicking works, except on phones which is where I spend most of my time checking these forums. Hopefully it's a minor server side thing that'll be resolved sooner than later.

#5 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:53 AM

If you're on an iphone just long press that notification and it'll open a menu where you can open in new tab. I'm not familiar with android but I'm sure they have a similar feature. 

#6 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6016 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2018 - 01:56 AM

Still broken as of 11/21/18

#7 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14473 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

This is now happening for me as well. Tried server refresh, clearing all my notifications, still keeps spinning. Guess there's a memory limit to the messaging system that's been reached?

#8 SirConnery  

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:13 AM

It hasn't worked for me in over 6 months.

#9 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

This will be completely fixed when they migrate this site to xenForo 2.0. Both Browser notifications, and MOBILE notifications. Yep.

So, just calm down, and be patient. :D

#10 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   6016 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

12/31/18  Notifications still broke af

#11 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:37 AM

Never getting fixed, homes

#12 CarlosX360   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

CarlosX360

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

Never getting fixed, homes

Yes, it is. xenForo 2.1 is gold right now. It has...

Push notifications - pushes forum notifications to the phone of your current use, exceptions are some devices like iOS.

Reactions - allows for different kinds of "reactions" like facebook.

#13 Imogenewap  

Imogenewap

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

hi

in my cp i put that option on, but i havent yet got any notification-mails when there were new answers on my postings.
am i the only one who misses this? :-