* * * * * 3 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#301 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

You can use pretty much any AC adapter that takes a USB cable such as your phone or tablet charger.

Oddly enough my raspberry pi used a 2amp while most phones and tablets use 1-1.5amp

If I use the 2a, could it burn out the system or will it only take what it needs.

#302 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:30 AM

Providing more voltage than a product wants is bad. Providing more amperage? Perfectly fine.

#303 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

Providing more voltage than a product wants is bad. Providing more amperage? Perfectly fine.

As the son of an electrical engineer.. I feel I should know this stuff.. but I don't.

You sure though?
(Now I am studying/reading to see how this works. Thank you!)

#304 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Yep. Devices have requirements for a minimum amperage, but have no issues if more amperage is available. They only pull what they need.

#305 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Yep. Devices have requirements for a minimum amperage, but have no issues if more amperage is available. They only pull what they need.

Thank you!

That was my assumption, but apparently older machines aren't as good at managing the flow.
The way I was looking at it was that there is this much flow available, and as you said, they only take what they need for amperage.

No clue why they don't do the same for volts, but, understandable.

#306 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

I’m assuming they haven’t announced any more games yet?

#307 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8935 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:18 PM

I’m assuming they haven’t announced any more games yet?

When they do, you'll see the page count of this thread shoot up.

#308 Troe123  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

Since Sony hasn’t announced anything, what games are you looking forward to/hoping for?

I don’t have a full list but I definitely want to see the original Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo 1 or 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

#309 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Since Sony hasn’t announced anything, what games are you looking forward to/hoping for?

I don’t have a full list but I definitely want to see the original Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo 1 or 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

People think major candidates include

Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill

Castlevania SOTN
Resident Evil (DC or 2.. I am betting 2)
A Spyro
A Crash
Crash Team Racing
Soul Edge
Gran Turismo 2
Armored Core

(Fun fact, back in 97 I got SOTN the day of released.. rushed through it, and later traded it in for AC to play split screen/link cable with friends)

#310 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

I really feel like one of the battle arena toshinden games will be on it, I miss those games

#311 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

They need to put on Thrill Kill to compete with Starfox 2 on the SNES.

#312 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11802 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

So, six weeks away and a complete game list still hasn't been announced?  I have a feeling this will either be delayed, or they are already aware of the games list and are holding off until the last minute on releasing it (which is also a bad sign).

#313 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:36 PM

So, six weeks away and a complete game list still hasn't been announced?  I have a feeling this will either be delayed, or they are already aware of the games list and are holding off until the last minute on releasing it (which is also a bad sign).

Probably the latter.

#314 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:48 AM

Probably the latter.

Yea, so many games people want..

If they aren't on the list it may become a no sell... we'll see.

My roommate is convinced it's a copyright issue.

#315 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:48 AM

I really feel like one of the battle arena toshinden games will be on it, I miss those games

Toshinden 2 was probably the best.

#316 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1749 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Toshinden 2 was probably the best.

"best" is incredibly relative.  That game wowed people at the time with the graphics, but that was about it.  It's not like the PSX didn't have some absolutely stellar fighting games, but Toshinden has lost all of the earlier appeal since technology is way past that.  Soul Edge in particular blew the doors off it, I bought my PSX for that game and loved it - it would be a much better selection.

#317 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4316 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

"best" is incredibly relative.  That game wowed people at the time with the graphics, but that was about it.  It's not like the PSX didn't have some absolutely stellar fighting games, but Toshinden has lost all of the earlier appeal since technology is way past that.  Soul Edge in particular blew the doors off it, I bought my PSX for that game and loved it - it would be a much better selection.

Yes. best in the series is what I meant.

It really couldn't compare to later fighting games on the PS1, and as you pointed out Soul Edge destroyed it!

#318 sweetg1223   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   179 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

sweetg1223

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Target inexplicably cancelled my order this week... not sure that I'm too upset about it honestly.

#319 MsterPanDa  

MsterPanDa

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

I cancelled my order a week ago. I can save the $100 for a new PS4 Pro or even the PS5. I have a PS3 that can play these games from psn or my physical copies. This is a nice collectors item but aside from that, it's not worth it. Maybe $80 but not $100.

#320 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3946 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

Full list of games for the Playstation Classic Edition

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

#321 Madzane  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

Yay to Persona but Rainbow Six? Never considered that a classic. And Toshinden over Soul Edge? Guessing they had too many Namco titles already.

#322 NeoMonk  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

#323 spoderman  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:08 PM

Ouch, a lot of those titles I couldn't care less for. Rainbow Six being on there is a joke. Why not Rayman 2 instead of Rayman 1? Mr. Driller.. Jumping Flash.. ugh. Resident Evil 1 is a waste since I'd rather just play the remake. I can also do without GTA, I don't think the series became super popular until GTA3 anyway. I get that Sony went with whatever was within their budget, but this lineup doesn't really compare to something like the SNES classic.

#324 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

I think Twisted Metal 2 would have been better than the first one. Interesting to see Intelligent Qube included. I think  I may cancel my preorder. Cool to see Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. I kind of would like to have seen Marvel vs. Capcom or X-men vs. Street Fighter, but licensing/copyright deals likely would prevent that from happening.

#325 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

I’m surprised no Symphony of the Night or Silent Hill. They did release Castlevania: Requiem though recently so maybe that’s why.

#326 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2370 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

It's a fairly solid list overall.  I enjoy going back to GTA 1 from time to time... but tend to just do that on PC.  Still, great to see it on the list.  It would have been nice to see Castlevania SotN (despite the re-release) and Parappa.  I own all the games on this that I'd want to play on PSN (minus GTA, which this isn't my preferred platform anyway).  I didn't preorder so nothing to cancel.

#327 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3960 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

Of course no Castlevania SotN, Spyro, or Crash after the PS4 releases.

GTA 1 does not age well. Twisted Metal 1 over 2? At least MGS made the list. Syphon Filter has the air taser to mess around with. Mr. Driller is a good puzzler.

The better PS1 games are available as PSN PSOne Classic titles (or if you still have the disc, rip to iso). Not impressed by this list.

#328 spoderman  

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

I’m surprised no Symphony of the Night or Silent Hill. They did release Castlevania: Requiem though recently so maybe that’s why.

I guess Resident Evil is supposed to cover the horror genre. I get why they went with it, but I would've preferred something like Dino Crisis or Clock Tower over it if they couldn't get Silent Hill. If they had to go with an RE game, I'd rather it be RE2, but that probably would've been unlikely due to the remake coming out soon.

#329 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

Wow. This is one preorder I'm definitely cancelling.

#330 MilesDP5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

MilesDP5

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:43 PM

Missing a lot of classics but it's almost certainly due to licensing. Reminds me of PlayStation All-Stars and all the B list characters.

If they were smart they'd let you download games from PSN since most of those are already available for PSP Vita PS3. That'd be really fun to load official ISO files on to the Classic.

Surprised there's no Mega Man Legends.
I wonder if this means Capcom is planning another Legacy collection that'll include Legends.