* * * * * 3 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#301 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:22 AM

You can use pretty much any AC adapter that takes a USB cable such as your phone or tablet charger.

Oddly enough my raspberry pi used a 2amp while most phones and tablets use 1-1.5amp

If I use the 2a, could it burn out the system or will it only take what it needs.

#302 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:30 AM

Providing more voltage than a product wants is bad. Providing more amperage? Perfectly fine.

#303 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

Providing more voltage than a product wants is bad. Providing more amperage? Perfectly fine.

As the son of an electrical engineer.. I feel I should know this stuff.. but I don't.

You sure though?
(Now I am studying/reading to see how this works. Thank you!)

#304 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Yep. Devices have requirements for a minimum amperage, but have no issues if more amperage is available. They only pull what they need.

#305 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Yep. Devices have requirements for a minimum amperage, but have no issues if more amperage is available. They only pull what they need.

Thank you!

That was my assumption, but apparently older machines aren't as good at managing the flow.
The way I was looking at it was that there is this much flow available, and as you said, they only take what they need for amperage.

No clue why they don't do the same for volts, but, understandable.

#306 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

I’m assuming they haven’t announced any more games yet?

#307 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8925 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:18 PM

I’m assuming they haven’t announced any more games yet?

When they do, you'll see the page count of this thread shoot up.

#308 Troe123  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

Since Sony hasn’t announced anything, what games are you looking forward to/hoping for?

I don’t have a full list but I definitely want to see the original Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo 1 or 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

#309 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

Since Sony hasn’t announced anything, what games are you looking forward to/hoping for?

I don’t have a full list but I definitely want to see the original Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo 1 or 2, and Metal Gear Solid.

People think major candidates include

Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill

Castlevania SOTN
Resident Evil (DC or 2.. I am betting 2)
A Spyro
A Crash
Crash Team Racing
Soul Edge
Gran Turismo 2
Armored Core

(Fun fact, back in 97 I got SOTN the day of released.. rushed through it, and later traded it in for AC to play split screen/link cable with friends)

#310 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   592 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

I really feel like one of the battle arena toshinden games will be on it, I miss those games

#311 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

They need to put on Thrill Kill to compete with Starfox 2 on the SNES.

#312 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11569 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:20 PM

So, six weeks away and a complete game list still hasn't been announced?  I have a feeling this will either be delayed, or they are already aware of the games list and are holding off until the last minute on releasing it (which is also a bad sign).

#313 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:36 PM

So, six weeks away and a complete game list still hasn't been announced?  I have a feeling this will either be delayed, or they are already aware of the games list and are holding off until the last minute on releasing it (which is also a bad sign).

Probably the latter.

#314 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Probably the latter.

Yea, so many games people want..

If they aren't on the list it may become a no sell... we'll see.

My roommate is convinced it's a copyright issue.

#315 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4290 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 AM

I really feel like one of the battle arena toshinden games will be on it, I miss those games

Toshinden 2 was probably the best.

#316 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1703 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Toshinden 2 was probably the best.

"best" is incredibly relative.  That game wowed people at the time with the graphics, but that was about it.  It's not like the PSX didn't have some absolutely stellar fighting games, but Toshinden has lost all of the earlier appeal since technology is way past that.  Soul Edge in particular blew the doors off it, I bought my PSX for that game and loved it - it would be a much better selection.