* * * * - 4 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#451 Jurai  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:15 AM

I canceled my preorder as well. ☹️

Hoping for a Nintendo 64 classic announcement sometime soon.

Rumour is that Nintendo is going to do another direct this month and announce it but who knows

#452 jsdgame   I am what the gods have made me!!! CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Has anyone NOT canceled it? It seems this is a flop before it’s even out.

yo dawg i heard you liked to cancelled pre-orders, i cancelled my preorder and your preorder without actually preordering 

#453 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:59 AM

Jumping on the cancel train lol.  Had it preordered at Target with Red Card, but can't justify it.  Given the reaction, this thing screams price drop.

#454 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:13 AM

Just saw this thread and now I'm considering cancelling mine as well lol

#455 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:50 AM

Had two pre-ordered. After seeing the recently released info on it I am going to cancel both pre-orders. Was hoping the thing might be pretty cool if hacked and I could turn it into a nice little shmup machine, but it looks like Sony isn't putting much effort into making the console anything special. As with the Neo Geo Mini, I find it hard to spend $100 or more on something that is not exactly well designed. The profit margin must be huge.

#456 adam81  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:37 AM

If the PlayStation classic had 30-40 games these 20 included wouldn't be looked at so bad. I understand the hate it's getting with the selection and price. I'd never play Grand Theft Auto, Mr Driller, or Rainbow 6 on PS1. You'd get a good amount of hours playing through a lot of these games though. Also, to be fair the NES Classic had a pretty poor selection, and it wasn't worth $60. 

#457 Titan X   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

PS Classic UI looks horrible:

Spoiler

#458 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

Modders were able to do some level of customization on the NESC so there's always hope. Anyone buying this without the intention of modding the hell out of it is wasting their money IMO.

#459 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4265 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:57 PM

I’m for one. Cancellation that is.

#460 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2351 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

I guess I didn't realize this thing comes out on a Monday:

Thank you for preordering the PlayStation Classic from Best Buy. We wanted to make sure you knew that your order will ship from our warehouse on Monday, Dec. 3, and should arrive to your address by the next day on Tuesday, Dec. 4. If you were hoping to have your order by Monday, Dec. 3, you can modify your order in My Account on BestBuy.com and pick it up at your nearby Best Buy store.

If you still want to have your order shipped to you, then you don't need to do anything. Your order details will reflect the Dec. 4 delivery date.

#461 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:40 PM

People hoping for an N64 classic clearly haven't seen the state of N64 emulation.

#462 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

People hoping for an N64 classic clearly haven't seen the state of N64 emulation.

There are plenty of N64 ROM sites.

#463 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

Modders were able to do some level of customization on the NESC so there's always hope. Anyone buying this without the intention of modding the hell out of it is wasting their money IMO.

That's what I was thinking but who knows if it'll be hacked or when. I was hoping the PSC might be hacked to allow use of the DS4 controller via USB so I could play Ape Escape but others have shot down that idea. Sony has gone out of its way to try and kill piracy. They did that with the PS2 Slim (last revision) and the PS Vita. So who knows if they're locking it down via the hardware.

I still doubt this thing is going to do as well as the NES and SNES Classics. 

#464 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

I cancelled my pre-order at Gamestop yesterday and the district manager was there like "Why would you want to cancel?" I'm like dude, have you seen the list of games? He was still trying to get me to keep the reservation. Nope. Not today.

#465 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

There are plenty of N64 ROM sites.

Yup. And N64 emulation sucks.

#466 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6710 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Yup. And N64 emulation sucks.

No it doesn't, lol. Which games cause you issues? I haven't found one.

#467 spoonTRex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   127 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

spoonTRex

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:24 PM

I was going to say Star Wars Rogue Squadron. But then I looked it up, and apparently some progress has been made to get it working (not sure if it's close to flawless or not, though).

#468 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2782 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:55 PM

Tried it a few months ago and had major issues with Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Winback, and some others. Messing around with plugins and whatever didn't help, and apparently no matter what you do Goemon gets stuck at a certain point. Gamecube/Wii emulation is miles better than N64.

Also even for the ones that do work, the guts they've got in the current Minis won't cut it, and the price is going to reflect their need to beef it up.

#469 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14305 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2018 - 02:29 AM

That's what I was thinking but who knows if it'll be hacked or when. I was hoping the PSC might be hacked to allow use of the DS4 controller via USB so I could play Ape Escape but others have shot down that idea. Sony has gone out of its way to try and kill piracy. They did that with the PS2 Slim (last revision) and the PS Vita. So who knows if they're locking it down via the hardware.

I still doubt this thing is going to do as well as the NES and SNES Classics. 

If they're prevalent and nobody hacks it within the return window, back it goes IMO.

#470 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

I’m trying to cancel my online pre-order at GameStop, and I won’t let me do it on mobile AND I can’t get the desktop site to load the login page. I don’t know if their website is Fuck ed up right now or what.

#471 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3973 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:41 AM

The NES and SNES Classic did not sell out immediately when pre-orders went up. It was the same situation where it was in and out of stock for a few days than was gone until release.

Someone bought this up before but the PS1 sold 100 mil worldwide and the NES sold 61 mil, SNES sold 49 mil. If anything, more people played the PS1 and thus would be more nostalgic to people. Either way, just going off pre-orders, it's the same situation as the other classics.

The reason ps1 sold more due to having a CD player kinda like ps2 when they have DVD. It was a no brainier for consumer to buy a game system that can also play DVD .

#472 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:59 AM

I’m trying to cancel my online pre-order at GameStop, and I won’t let me do it on mobile AND I can’t get the desktop site to load the login page. I don’t know if their website is Fuck ed up right now or what.

I ended up having to use a different browser. Their website is garbage.

I realized that I really don’t need this thing at all. I have a PS2 with a portable screen, 2 PS3s, and a vita. I have almost every PS1 game I would ever want to play, either physically or digitally. The lack of analog sticks and lackluster game selection are just to hard to overlook. I’m out.

I’m much more interested in a Game Boy and N64 Classic.

#473 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1241 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:15 AM

I cancelled mine yesterday. Amazon sent me a confirmation of release day delivery, so I figured I'd better decide before I get charged.

#474 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

The sad part is Sony and the market as a whole will probably take this as a signal people don't want classic consoles, whereas they do want them, just with a much better collection of games.  You can't just put a ton of filler on it and sell it.

#475 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3991 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

I am sure Sony has their reasons for not including many of the games everyone wants. There was probably licensing issues, some games already have or are getting remasters on today's systems, memory constraints (These games are far bigger in memory size than the NES/SNES games).

Hell, I even read that these are the games that are known to run flawlessly (or near it) with this emulator, so that is why they were chosen. Don't know if this is true or not, but all these I think are factors in why these specific games were included and subsequently, led to the massive disappointment in this classic system.

And, yes, I joined the bandwagon and cancelled my pre-order. I still have all the older systems with games anyways. This was just another thing to collect.

#476 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4522 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

Finally canceled mine as well. The launch trailer months ago psyched me up. The reality set in as time went on and it looked more and more like a joke, especially some real videos showing the system. And the cherry on top is the freeware OS it's based off of.

#477 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2688 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:47 AM

The reason ps1 sold more due to having a CD player kinda like ps2 when they have DVD. It was a no brainier for consumer to buy a game system that can also play DVD .

... and the disc drives died. It wasn't uncommon to find someone flipping their system upside down to get it to read discs... and eventually replace the system. This was really the first gen I remember where hardware issues pushed replacement systems. My original nes and snes still work today.

#478 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:53 AM

Finally canceled mine as well. The launch trailer months ago psyched me up. The reality sent in as time went on and it looked more and more like a joke, especially some real videos showing the system. And the cherry on top is the freeware OS it's based off of.

Perfect synopsis of why I ended up cancelling both my systems I had on order. I tried hard to justify keeping my orders since I'm normally a sucker for such things, but my goodness did Sony ever drop the ball on this system. If it gets overproduced and ever makes it down to $50ish I'll bite. Otherwise, no loss in not getting one.

#479 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:03 AM

The sad part is Sony and the market as a whole will probably take this as a signal people don't want classic consoles, whereas they do want them, just with a much better collection of games.  You can't just put a ton of filler on it and sell it.

I have FF7 and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo sitting right here.  Outside of Metal Gear Solid, the other game selection is outright pathetic to me.  Then they want to charge $100 for it which is laughable.  There should be around 30 games on it and a MUCH better selection of games.

I canceled my pre-order after I saw the list of games.

I have a NES and SNES Classic that each actually had many quality titles.  I do not get what Sony was thinking and I hope this flops big time.

#480 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2025 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

I just went to the Best Buy site and cancelled my preorder that I got in on day one when they opened. I do actually still want one and am not displeased with the game list but I just don't see any reason to get one right now. With everyone so lukewarm on it, there will probably be some around for a while, maybe long enough to go on sale or get a price drop too. I don't even have an NES or SNES Classic and I've wanted those for a while (never even seen one in-person but it looks like they are finally widely-available online), so there's no rush to get this.