* * * * * 3 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#31 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

:???: is this a joke? how about just making more psone games compatible on ps4 and ps3? like your competitor keeps adding backwards compatibility to xbox 360 games? or how about allowing me to change my damn username from a decade ago :lol:

Why bother when they have sold twice as many consoles?

They'll come out next gen and announce BC and crossplay for PS5 and probably turn PS Now into something more along the lines of game pass. Doubt they're ever giving the option to change names tho lol.

#32 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

I was actually drawn in by the prospect of the pads for playing fighting games on other systems. Unfortunately they're missing the analog sticks, which I need to use sometimes for the L3/R3 buttons or for easy 360 motions. They also use a USB connection, the original shape surrounding it is just for looks. At the very least I hope the USB port sticks out enough that you can connect to other devices easily.

Here's the picture of what the USB connection for the pads on the PS Classic itself looks like:

https://media.playst...$native_xxl_nt$

thanks. ps3 compatibility would be nice since i have so many old games including platformers on psn for ps3.

Why bother when they have sold twice as many consoles?

They'll come out next gen and announce BC and crossplay for PS5 and probably turn PS Now into something more along the lines of game pass. Doubt they're ever giving the option to change names tho lol.

i guess lol

#33 spoderman  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

:???: is this a joke? how about just making more psone games compatible on ps4 and ps3? like your competitor keeps adding backwards compatibility to xbox 360 games? or how about allowing me to change my damn username from a decade ago :lol:

MS does that because they ran out of exclusives. Sony doesn't have that issue, so no need. I agree itd be nice though.

#34 daring  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:36 AM

bby cancel all qty more than 2

#35 Gara   Gao Gao Stegosaurus CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:37 AM

I didn't even know this was coming. I have a PSIO on the way so I doubt I'd ever use this thing. I can't see this being another Nintendo classic situation. Are there really that many people with hardcore nostalgia for early 3D games?

#36 daring  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:38 AM

This was a bit of a suprise. No one's ready which means this will be even more popular this x-mas season. 

#37 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:42 AM

could i power it if i don't have a tv? i only have a samsung monitor with hdmi and gaming pc, along with a ps3 and other gadgets. i thought i'd be able to plug it in to my apc/outlet and use it with monitor but i guess not?

#38 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

Fuck the neo geo mini. i just put my pre-order in for this baby.

#39 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

This was a bit of a suprise. No one's ready which means this will be even more popular this x-mas season. 

I don't see this being as popular as the NES Classic was. Higher price point and the game selection so far won't do anything for parents shopping for their kids. Your average soccer mom or football dad knows Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pac Man, Kirby from their childhood and thought it would be cool to show their kids what they used to play. 

Crash and Spyro getting remasters really hurt this things potential selling power imo since those are the mascots people associate most with PS1.

#40 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14110 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

HDMI resolution on 240p games should be fun, they're grainy as hell on my pi. Nice to see the design is accurate for how small the system is.

#41 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

https://gematsu.com/...or-ps4-in-korea

rondo of blood and sotn are being re-mastered as well for ps4. never got to play rondo of blood before. already have sotn on ps3 (psone classic) so i hope that game will not be one of the 20.

#42 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

I wonder if they're gonna sell a dualshock controller separately from this.

Probably not as it comes with 2 controllers.

Includes two wired controllers, a virtual memory card and an HDMI cable.

#43 TheCrushMan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

TheCrushMan

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:29 AM

Amazon UK is up :

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B071G84NHX/

#44 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

I want to know the full list before I decide if I want this or not.

#45 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

Well I preordered it just in case. I do not have the fondness for the PlayStation but that’s mostly because I didn’t own one until after the PlayStation 3.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

#46 Mostly Human   Turtle Soup CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Mostly Human

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Ordered at best buy. First 5 games arent very exciting so hopefully the others are better.

#47 Captain N The Game Master  

Captain N The Game Master

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

Gamestop is charging an extra $7.00 handling fee. Really!? I'm sure we'll need to buy controller extensions as well. Regardless I pre ordered through Best Buy.

#48 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:12 AM

Tried to order on GameStop, but getting errors trying to add to cart and login. Order in at Best Buy for now.

#49 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3909 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

Now waiting for n64 with GoldenEye

#50 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

“* A compatible USB AC adaptor (not included) is required to use this console. Use an AC adaptor that supports 5 V, 1.0 A USB (Type A) output”

That’s pretty shitty.

Does gamestop charge now or when it ships for this?

#51 smokeyjoey8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

smokeyjoey8

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

could i power it if i don't have a tv? i only have a samsung monitor with hdmi and gaming pc, along with a ps3 and other gadgets. i thought i'd be able to plug it in to my apc/outlet and use it with monitor but i guess not?

It uses any 5W USB charger, like the ones that come with iPhones, Kindles, Fire Tablets, Android phones, the SNES and NES classic, probably the Vita charger, etcetcetc. 

#52 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Def not preordering. No full list of games and no idea of emulation quality. I'll pick it up for 50 in a year

#53 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

Gamestop is charging an extra $7.00 handling fee. Really!? I'm sure we'll need to buy controller extensions as well. Regardless I pre ordered through Best Buy.

It’s showing $7.25 for tax with free shipping for me, no handling fee. I also noticed they have the release date as 12/31/18.

*Edit* Once I preordered, on the confirmation page it showed 12/3/18 as the release date. It also said free 2 day shipping upgrade on preorders over $35 for elite members, although it didn’t give me that option when it was selecting shipping methods. I guess it will upgrade automatically to 2 day?

#54 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:33 AM

Does gamestop charge now or when it ships for this?

Anyone?

#55 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

Anyone?

They charge when it ships and no pre auth charge.

#56 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

They charge when it ships and no pre auth charge.

Ok, thank you 😊

#57 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

Tried to order on GameStop, but getting errors trying to add to cart and login. Order in at Best Buy for now.

GameStop is working now. Got an order in there with gift card and got free shipping with Elite Pro.

#58 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

So where's the CAG Boxart version?

#59 briandadude   Vita + Xbox CAGiversary!   549 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

These games look awful.

#60 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:01 PM

The inclusion of Jumping Flash, and it’s prominent placement as one of the five advertised titles, has me really worried about what the other 15 are that we don’t know about. Sony unfortunately does not own a lot of the PS1 games that most would consider for a curated 20 title PlayStation Classic, so hopefully the extra $20 over the Nintendo minis is going towards paying off publishers to include their games.