* * * * * 3 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#61 rlm2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

I just found this...

https://www.gamestop...gamestop/164118

#62 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

The advertising push has begun. It's everywhere, not just on gaming related sites. And they all mention the nes classic shortage of 2016. 

Internationally, Sony said that the Classic will launch in "limited quantities" on Dec. 3

#63 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3890 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

Bought one because of the peer pressure!

#64 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

The muthafucking hype on this is real boys.

Get in on it before you’re sol.

#65 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Pre-ordered before seeing any of the games or what it even looks like...

#66 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

Pre-ordered before seeing any of the games or what it even looks like...

Yet, preordering offers no long-term detriment if you charge to a credit card.  Locking in an securing an order now is (and always will be) the correct answer if you have any intention to purchase it at release.  Worst case scenario, you cancel the order a week before release or, God-forbid, return the product to a B&M store after you receive it. 

#67 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

I think that has been available for preorder for a few weeks. There's a bunch of similar Culture Fly sets available.

#68 ritchardf  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:47 PM

was going to trade in a ps1 to gamestop today, but i think i will wait and see if this thing creates enough buzz to bump the value up a little bit. maybe this will be OOS everywhere and gamestop will push the real thing.

#69 sammiefry  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

I preordered as even if it’s easy to find I think it’s a decent price for what you get. I sure as heck don’t want to have to hunt one down.

#70 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1156 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Please dont tell me I have to import a Japan and Europe for their exclusive games

#71 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I don’t understand why this wouldn’t have some memory and the ability to buy additional games off a limited ps store. People today are obsessed with nostalgia that they’re willing to pay stupid money for half-baked cash grabs.

#72 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

So there's no point if you have a PS3/psp right? Like $6-$10 per game digitally and probably already bought most of them on sale

#73 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:58 PM

This is the easiest snap pre-order i've ever made. NES classic went under the radar until a few days later when it blew up because no one had them. SNES classic I lined up super early and got one easily and only saw 1 in the wild between then and christmas. If I can pre-order and have it waiting at best buy/shipped this easy im in, no questions.

#74 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:01 PM

So there's no point if you have a PS3/psp right? Like $6-$10 per game digitally and probably already bought most of them on sale

Unless you have a hard on for playing on this mini hardware, you could spend that $100 on a much better selection of games you pick out for yourself by purchasing on the store. If you wait for the deep PS1 classics sales that crop up, you could also probably collect three times as many games for $100, and you won’t have to buy junk like Jumping Flash.

#75 Omega X  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:02 PM

The $100 price tag is steep for what you get. I would have bought one if it could actually play original PS1 disc. I still have FF7 and Twisted Metal. If Gran Turismo is not included on this machine, I would be shocked.

#76 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3709 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

Went ahead and pre-ordered one at Gamestop since they don't do a pre-auth and charge when shipped, I also need to get used to not buying all my gaming items at Best Buy once my GCU is expired in November. 

I am hoping some of these games get added. 

Legend of Dragoon

Tomba!

Mega Man Legends

Armored Core Project Phantasm 

Metal Gear Solid

Tomb Raider 2

Castlevania: SotN

Resident Evil 2

Siphon Filter 2

Xenogears

Final Fantasy Tactics

Medieval 

#77 ck0  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

Certainly no point for me, as I still own a PS1. So for nostalgic factor, you can't beat the original unless you want the updated features like HDMI/USB-C.

And wow, I just watched the trailer for it and those games really have not aged well. Backlog for modern games is already ridic, I'm not gonna spend any time replaying these oldies.

BTW they said it would be 45% smaller than the original. I think the re-released PSOne was about half the size as well. Would be interesting to see the comparisons.

Not for me, especially at $99.

#78 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:08 PM

I don’t understand why this wouldn’t have some memory and the ability to buy additional games off a limited ps store. People today are obsessed with nostalgia that they’re willing to pay stupid money for half-baked cash grabs.

I've been saying this since the NES classic, it's like they don't like free money.  I'm pretty sure most people (myself included) would buy games at $5 a pop and maybe a $10 for the rare titles.  I'm pretty sure a lot of publishers would love this too as it's easy money.  

#79 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1345 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

Bestbuy is now sold out. Going in and out of coming soon. Saw the all preorders have been claimed in cart.

#80 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

Bestbuy is now sold out.

not yet... still available for instore pick-up and shipping for me.

#81 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

My purchase depends on how easy it'll be to hack it.

#82 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15558 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Pre-emptively pre-ordered. Will make final decision when i see game list. I still have a sealed Ps One so might not even be too necessary.

#83 ck0  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:16 PM

The $100 price tag is steep for what you get. I would have bought one if it could actually play original PS1 disc. I still have FF7 and Twisted Metal. If Gran Turismo is not included on this machine, I would be shocked.

Yeah I would have bit on this if it had that functionality. It would have provided a way to play ALL older titles you owned with updated, modern technology. It would have made it a more functional device, although at this point I'd just prefer backwards-compatibility with PS4. But as it stands, it's just a novelty thing with limited games selection.

I'll look into it again if it's able to be hacked to add in any PS game you want.

#84 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:23 PM

Preordered but doubt I’ll keep. Honestly not much interest in the psone from me. Now if there was an official Saturn mini....

#85 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

$100 for only 20 games (with only five announced so far), non-DS controllers, no power adaptor, and no way to download additional games on it?

That's a lot of strikes against it, but I PO'd one at BBY in case they change this thing for the better or I find out that I don't already own most of the games (either on their originally discs or digitally through PSN).

#86 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2305 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

I'm fairly positive I already have all the games they mentioned thus far on PSN as well as the ones people seem to hope are on this classic and can play them with my PSTV and dual shock 3 (or 4) wireless controllers.   So this would be redundant and it looks like by the size comparison the PSTV is actually considerably smaller.  Really this classic lookes a bit... large.   Of course I can also play those same games on my Vita & PS3 ... so.. yeah... an easy pass.  I can't go back to digital buttons to play games like Ridge Racer Type 4.

#87 Euripides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Euripides

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

Went ahead and pre-ordered one at Gamestop since they don't do a pre-auth and charge when shipped, I also need to get used to not buying all my gaming items at Best Buy once my GCU is expired in November. 

I am hoping some of these games get added. 

Legend of Dragoon

Tomba!

Mega Man Legends

Armored Core Project Phantasm 

Metal Gear Solid

Tomb Raider 2

Castlevania: SotN

Resident Evil 2

Siphon Filter 2

Xenogears

Final Fantasy Tactics

Medieval 

Need Twisted Metal 2 on this list :beer:

#88 crewj   from peru to cebu CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Need Twisted Metal 2 on this list :beer:

Highly unlikely, but Parasite Eve or Einhander too!

#89 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

Preordered but doubt I’ll keep. Honestly not much interest in the psone from me. Now if there was an official Saturn mini....

Nights Into Dreams
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Cop
Virtua Cop 2
Shining Force 3
Sega Rally Championship
Daytona USA
Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Guardian Heroes
Dragon Force
Saturn Bomberman
Die Hard Arcade
House of the Dead
Burning Rangers
Radiant Silvergun
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Vampire Savior
Galactic Attack
Legend of Oasis

Comes with two controllers and two light guns.

#90 123Code  

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

So for games you can get regularly in Flash sales for $1-3 each this is the best they can come up with ??? Really tho this is it ??? Sony riding Nintendos Dick harder than a Hoe on Sunday this is BEYOND lame hahaha