* * * * * 3 votes

Playstation Classic Pre-order @BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, & Target

#181 ka561668   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

I got one pre-orderd, but I'm hoping for a Sega will do a Saturn Classic if this fad keeps up. I love me some Dragon Force.

#182 Stridix   IT"S OVER 9000!!! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:07 PM

LOL scalpers are jacking up the prices of them already.

jacking_up.png

#183 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:45 PM

jacking_up.png

Those have been listed for over 24 hours now, and I think I saw one sold in Australia. No secondary market demand yet. May not ever be.

#184 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

I'll pass.. Those other 15 games may be crap. Plus there are no sticks on the controller so.... Call me when it's $10.

#185 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

Call me when it's $10.

So never? Got it.

#186 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

I'll pass.. Those other 15 games may be crap. Plus there are no sticks on the controller so.... Call me when it's $10.

So weird on the hate re: the controllers here. When I re visited FF, I went out to a secondary video game store and purchased the ones featured here in the bundle/mini because I wanted to play it just like I did the first time. To each their own, but I appreciate Sony keeping it OG, a lot actually. I play a lot of retro PS1 games and never felt need for analog sticks; games weren't truly designed for them until much later. 

But to each their own! This is just me. 

#187 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6065 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

You can price anything for any price, doesn't mean anyone is going to pay that price. I don't understand resellers that list so early, no one is buying preorders second hand. Probably just hurt people who didn't get preorders in trying to make a statement.

#188 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

So weird on the hate re: the controllers here. When I re visited FF, I went out to a secondary video game store and purchased the ones featured here in the bundle/mini because I wanted to play it just like I did the first time. To each their own, but I appreciate Sony keeping it OG, a lot actually. I play a lot of retro PS1 games and never felt need for analog sticks; games weren't truly designed for them until much later.

But to each their own! This is just me.

I think the real complaint is why it doesn’t come with a Jogcon.

#189 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13545 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

Would love to see Jet Moto 2 and Twisted Metal 2 on the list.

#190 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Just report all of the listings, as any auction for it violates ebay's ToS.

#191 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Just report all of the listings, as any auction for it violates ebay's ToS.

Also, everyone sign my change.org petition asking eBay to create a more friendly auction place and STOP SCALPERS. 

#192 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3472 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Honest question, who is this for other than collector's? I mean, aren't these game all available in the PS store and work on the Vita as well? I get that Nintendo went after the market of lapsed gamers, people who got scared off or disinterested from games when they got complicated but it feels like the PlayStation is going after folks who likely have a device that could play these games today because they are still PlayStation fans.

#193 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

Honest question, who is this for other than collector's? I mean, aren't these game all available in the PS store and work on the Vita as well? I get that Nintendo went after the market of lapsed gamers, people who got scared off or disinterested from games when they got complicated but it feels like the PlayStation is going after folks who likely have a device that could play these games today because they are still PlayStation fans.

People who enjoy novelty; SNES mini for example was purchased by friends of mine who don't own video games. Ironically, they play it significantly more than me, the so-called collector. =D

#194 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Also, everyone sign my change.org petition asking eBay to create a more friendly auction place and STOP SCALPERS.

Would be nice. Selling something you don’t have possession of, particularly over 30 days, is against the ToS.

#195 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13545 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

I don't understand the salt over scalping. That's like getting mad that natural selection kills everyday.

#196 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3735 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

Ebay makes tons of fees off scalpers. Don't see them changing a thing except when it violates TOS like the 30 day rule.

#197 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

This is unlikely to work - afterall, capitalism is going to be capitalism.  Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase an item for an inflated price on the secondary market, especially since the item in question is a luxury (i.e. not a necessity like fresh water in NC right now, etc.).  Nobody's quality of life is going to be changed if they are unable to purchase a PS One Classic for MSRP - arguments to the contrary reek of the entitlement that is far too prevalent in our current point in history. 

At the end of the day, buy a secondhand item if you wish, or choose to live without it.  As the one with the money in their pocket, you have the power to choose. 

#198 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2189 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

I am being sarcastic, people, making fun of the notion of the fact that no one will waste time reporting scalpers; they'll just prop right back up. 

#199 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3927 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

I am being sarcastic, people, making fun of the notion of the fact that no one will waste time reporting scalpers; they'll just prop right back up.

And I can click two buttons on a mouse and report them again. It’s a lot more to work to list than to report.

It’s against the ebay ToS. There’s no arguing that fact. Those listings don’t belong on ebay.

#200 Viper X  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

Would love to see Jet Moto 2 and Twisted Metal 2 on the list.

Not sure if anyone did this before, but if you put a PS1 game into a CD player, you can listen to the music from the game. Jet Moto, Wipeout, Twisted Metal (Rob Zombie song) and Ridge Racer were my favorites.

#201 RySenkari   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:19 PM

The Vita doesn't have Tekken 3.

#202 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:09 PM

The Vita doesn't have Tekken 3.

Probably another after effect of Sony not making a path forward for PSOne classics to be played on PS4. Once the audience switches over, you’ve disincentivized publishers from continuing to publish more of the original PlayStation library, including dealing with any outstanding licensing issues. Tekken 3 has licensing issues which is why it’s not on the store. Now that they’ve solved them somehow, it probably could be on the store just as easily as on the Classic, but there’s no reason for them to do it since there’s barely anyone to buy it.

#203 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but does Gamestop or Walmart charge you right away for pre-ordering? I know Gamestop says when they ship, but sometimes when they say that they still charge and then do a reversal.

#204 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   2788 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:19 PM

Surprised it's OOS. Wouldn't make sense for them to not make more available. Guess I'll have to NowInStock it

Seems I am moron and missed GS has it...

#205 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   365 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

Check out this item at Target https://www.target.c...le/-/A-54140637

#206 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6065 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:31 PM

Lulz. eBay doesn't care who scalps or not. They make money regardless. As long as it isn't illegal, they nor any other site will care.

And yeah you said you're joking but people get mad at scalpers yet are perfectly fine paying $200 for furniture when it cost $30 to make and the seller (any furniture store) paid $70 from a distributor to get. Scalping is only different in that MSRP is involved, take that out of the equation and it's the same as any other product.

#207 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

Sorry for the dumb question but does Gamestop or Walmart charge you right away for pre-ordering? I know Gamestop says when they ship, but sometimes when they say that they still charge and then do a reversal.

I don't recall any retailer charging you right away for pre-orders. They'll process the amount to verify if there are funds available on your cc but never actually submit it for collection. The charge will eventually fall off your cc if it's never collected if that's what you're referring to.

#208 OldSchoolGaming4Life   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

OldSchoolGaming4Life

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Check out this item at Target https://www.target.c...le/-/A-54140637

Just got an order in here, and will cancel at Best Buy. Will save an additional $5.40 (tax included) here with Red Card. Savings are savings. Thanks again! :)

#209 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2059 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

Three games I hope they add:

Alien Trilogy

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Die Hard Trilogy

#210 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:46 PM

Wake me up when Amazon jp has orders open