NES controllers for Switch preorder

Man I really want to get these but I think I might be the only person to play this in my house.   Other than that all these accessories are blowing my games budget since they are rarely on sale :( .

Last edited by a moderator:
Note these aren't gonna be limited
I'm sure they will make a lot of these but considering they are only selling them online, doesn't that make it limited to a degree? Or do you think they are starting off with them online only for pre-order and then will ship them out to stores if the demand is there?

insane. the fact that you're basically paying a subscription to use these things at $59.99 a pop is stupid.

Bought. Don’t see why people at throwing a fit about the price. Don’t buy them? Also even if you could use them for switch games there’s only a few that uses only 2 buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also even if you could use them for switch games there’s only a few that uses only 2 buttons.
Technically it's 4 buttons since you still get L & R buttons. I wonder if the rail adapter things with the extended L&R buttons work on these as well.

Nothing about these controllers is a "deal."

You have to keep paying Nintendo for the privilege of using them.

Just get an 8bitdo controller.

Cant use this for games like Shovel Knight? Can't simply use a USB C cable to charge them - you HAVE to connect them to the Switch to charge?

I've never passed on a Nintendo accessory so quickly before.

You have to keep paying Nintendo for the privilege of using them.
This is by far the most infuriating thing about this. We're essentially leasing these controllers at a premium introductory price. Either make them dirt cheap or free, then the required subscription is justified. Otherwise, enable it for the grand majority of retro-style games that exist for the platform. One sleazy, out-of-touch decision after another. Sony and Nintendo are proving the rule; the cycle of struggle -> try -> gain support -> see success -> be cocky af and dont give a shit about the fans you worked so hard to win over.

again. insane. the fact that you're basically paying a subscription to use these things at $59.99 a pop is stupid.

These are limited because only one can be purchased per paid NSO account... It is still ridiculously dumb.

They should have just created a joy-con with a D-pad, or a bluetooth (S)NES controller with shoulder buttons and home/capture buttons.

LOL. So these will only be sold via Nintendo.com ?
If they were sold by Amazon, it'd be way too easy for buyers to return them after realizing just how anti-consumer Nintendo is being.

Product returns to Nintendo are not overly difficult, but they're also not nearly as simple and straightforward.

Tempted as this is how SMB3 and LOZ was meant to be played... hopefully the quality and feel will be exactly the same as the originals (unlike most 3rd party variations).  But $70 (including tax & shipping)???   :bs:

Decisions... decisions...   :whistle2:k

I have tried 3 credit cards and a debit card so far trying to order these stupid things. Declined every single time and no number to call. Anyone else have this problem?

I have tried 3 credit cards and a debit card so far trying to order these stupid things. Declined every single time and no number to call. Anyone else have this problem?
No, ordered fine this morning, my biggest issue was getting pre-order button active after subscribing.

This is by far the most infuriating thing about this. We're essentially leasing these controllers at a premium introductory price. Either make them dirt cheap or free, then the required subscription is justified. Otherwise, enable it for the grand majority of retro-style games that exist for the platform. One sleazy, out-of-touch decision after another. Sony and Nintendo are proving the rule; the cycle of struggle -> try -> gain support -> see success -> be cocky af and dont give a shit about the fans you worked so hard to win over.
Yeah, I've been saying from the start the only reason these classic games/online service was taking so long, was because "N" was trying to find the best new way to milk it's fan base(and make it seem they are doing them a favor). Boy oh boy, this shit is a new low for these guys, and that's saying something.

Sadly I'm stuck paying for this shit online, as it's for my son, and no way in hell he goes without online. But if they had a flat fee for just online, and none of this other smoke and mirror BS, it would be much easier to take. Even if I ever get an NS, no way I buy that family account, and I'll just play any online games thru my sons system. I never really play much "N" games online anyways, so I won't really be missing much either way.

It's only $20 and it wasn't a surprise, I'm pretty sure it was announced when the switch was first released as well. What with all the complaining...  I forgot, it's Chris.

No, ordered fine this morning, my biggest issue was getting pre-order button active after subscribing.
I had that issue too, but it fixed itself after about an hour. I still cannot actually complete my purchase though no matter what i do. Multiple cards, multiple browsers and devices—always the same error message. When i call my bank, they dont even see the attempts.

There was an issue processing your transaction.
Contact your card issuer or select a different payment option.
For help, please visit support.nintendo.com/switch/creditcard

I had that issue too, but it fixed itself after about an hour. I still cannot actually complete my purchase though no matter what i do. Multiple cards, multiple browsers and devices—always the same error message. When i call my bank, they dont even see the attempts.

There was an issue processing your transaction.
Contact your card issuer or select a different payment option.
For help, please visit support.nintendo.com/switch/creditcard
Call them.. 855-877-9099

When you wanna make a SNES controller but you know they wont sell as well. Just add two buttons on top to your original NES controller, hell why not two on teh bottom. Call it a sNES (Switch Nintendo controller). I'll wait for the ones  with the Zelda logo on em. 

Nah.. SNES will sell like crazy. They want to milk the NES first (after all, those are the games they're drip-feeding first). Next year, or even 2020, they roll out the first wave of SNES games, with controllers.

fuck Nintendo, man.

I held off on ordering since they aren't limited. I want them, but I am already done with the NES games out currently. Nothing great for the launch IMO and NES games generally don't hold up as well for me and the ones that do I have on a multitude of other systems including the already portable 3DS. 

$60 was a bit much. 

for another $40 i can get a ps1 classic lol

Can you toggle the screen sideways to play the games like Punch Out Arcade?

$60 was a bit much.

for another $40 i can get a ps1 classic lol

Can you toggle the screen sideways to play the games like Punch Out Arcade?
I don't think so, but I haven't tried it myself.

The emulator being used is the same as the NES and SNES Classic Editions.

It's only $20 and it wasn't a surprise, I'm pretty sure it was announced when the switch was first released as well. What with all the complaining... I forgot, it's Chris.
We've always had issue with it but now that a) it's come to fruition and b) has been implemented poorly, our disdain is officially justified. Before we'd have people like you saying "you're complaining but it's not even out yet so you're just whining over nothing". Can't win with corporate shill apologists.

Played SMB yesterday on switch and hated the button arrangement on joycons, so this may actually be worth it for me
Because adding basic controller config options would've been sooo difficult -_- Don't play their little anti consumer game. You're basically rewarding them for incompetence.

Just going through these threads again makes me want to spend half my day souping up my RetroPi. Sad that the majority of my motivation is basically "fuck you Nintendo"

bread's done
Back