Best Buy DOTD: DBZ FighterZ

Great price, but I'll wait for a complete edition.
Does Namco Bandai release complete editions like Warner Bros? They started a new season with Tekken 7. I know with the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series got a trilogy edition later. Dark Souls 3 did get a complete edition a year later.

But I'm yet to see Namco Bandai offer DLC with the proper price cuts in a total package.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son (a huge dbz fan) thought it was great. I watched him play it a bit and it looked like he was playing the show. 

Does Namco Bandai release complete editions like Warner Bros? They started a new season with Tekken 7. I know with the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series got a trilogy edition later. But I'm yet to see Namco Bandai offer DLC with the proper price cuts in a total package.
Each of those Naruto games received a complete edition before the trilogy release.

I rented it and I thought it was stellar. Definitely MvC reminiscent but in a good way. Waiting for the $20 sweet spot or a complete edition to come along (and then wait for that to hit $20 as well..).

Good price for vanilla and I love what I have seen of it, but I know it will drive me nuts to not have the full roster, which means buying the season pass = 60. Will wait for now. Thanks OP!

I like fighters but don’t know anything about dbz should I pass?
I wouldn’t pass it up. I don’t care about DBZ either. I don’t know the characters beyond anything superficial I’ve picked up over the years just by being alive through its relevance. The gameplay is fast, easy to get into but has enough depth for you to have to spend time to master, and it is a gorgeous game. If you liked the speed of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, you’ll like this.

DBZ...and anime for that matter are a huge turnoff for me, but this game looks incredible in motion. In a perfect world the peeps behind this would get the Marvel rights. Still a little pricey for my blood, but once it dips below $20, I might consider it.

Best fighter in quite a while in my opinion. Hits the sweet spot for casual fun but also some deep mastering.

Any of the dlc characters worth buying? While it would make more sense to buy the season pass, I'm really only interested in Cooler, Broly, and SSB Vegito.

This game is great. Season Pass costing so much sucks, but the base game has plenty of characters to mess with anyway (and how many Gokus do you really need?). If you're at all interested in DBZ, anime or fighting games, it's worth it just for the quality of the animation and fan service efforts.

Supposedly a Season 2 of DLC is in the works as well, so be wary of buying the "Season 1" Pass immediately as it could go on sale by the end of the year. Can't recommend this game enough though.

Supposedly a Season 2 of DLC is in the works as well, so be wary of buying the "Season 1" Pass immediately as it could go on sale by the end of the year. Can't recommend this game enough though.
I agree with a possible 2nd season pass. The Dragon Ball Super roster alone can definitely add to what is currently being shown.

bread's done
Back