200GB MicroSD card (good for switch) - 34.99 Amazon DOTD

If I don't download any games for the switch, would I need a large memory card? Asking cause I really don't know.
There are a few games that require a few GB download even if you have the cartridge. The list is VERY short.

So no, you shouldn't need an SD card if you only buy physical games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever have issues with sd cards from Amazon? All I ever hear is that they're riddled with fakes and knock offs.

If I don't download any games for the switch, would I need a large memory card? Asking cause I really don't know.
Yeah, as stated, there are some mandatory downloads out there, but outside of those few titles, you shouldn't have an issue with memory that comes in the unit. My son has filled his internal memory several times, as he get's tons of demo's etc, but if not for those, he would be fine. He actually has several digital titles, but those are so small, they aren't an issue either. Even if you get to the point down the road, it's best to buy a memory card then Vs. now, as prices may be lower at that point, for whatever size card you may need.

I have two 200s right now and ripped the bandaid on the 400 at 99.  I feel bad.  I also bought another 200 for some unknown reason.  I keep justifying it in my mind by saying I have a baby on the way and am going to need it for video/photos on my SLR, but we all know what it's really for.

Bought this back in November for $50, have barely used any of it because I ended up going physical for my Switch. The major exception is NBA 2K18 which takes up like 23GB even with the physical cart.

It’s insane the scam Nintendo is running with this console.

There’s one guy in this thread that could have bought an entire extra console with the money he spent on storage.

In other news, an 8tb external on sale is like 120 bucks for everything else.....

(It’s actually sad, used to buy every Nintendo console at launch.)

If you think the Switch using standard SD cards is a scam you should have seen the vita!
Yeah, the prices were insane and Vita only used their proprietary cards.

They were as follows IIRC

4GB $29.99

8GB $44.99

16GB $69.99

32GB $119.99

That is not a lot of memory for what you were paying back in the day.

There are a few games that require a few GB download even if you have the cartridge. The list is VERY short.

So no, you shouldn't need an SD card if you only buy physical games.
Yeah, as stated, there are some mandatory downloads out there, but outside of those few titles, you shouldn't have an issue with memory that comes in the unit. My son has filled his internal memory several times, as he get's tons of demo's etc, but if not for those, he would be fine. He actually has several digital titles, but those are so small, they aren't an issue either. Even if you get to the point down the road, it's best to buy a memory card then Vs. now, as prices may be lower at that point, for whatever size card you may need.
The 400 gb one is also on sale for $100 and that is the one I bought as I am running out of space with my 200 gb one :/
Bought this back in November for $50, have barely used any of it because I ended up going physical for my Switch. The major exception is NBA 2K18 which takes up like 23GB even with the physical cart.
I have a 200GB microSDXC in my Switch right now, with the following eShop games installed:

- Bayonetta
- Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King
- Final Fantasy XV (Pocket Edition HD)
- Implosion: Never Lose Hope
- Nine Parchments
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Robonauts
- Stardew Valley

...and about 15 cartridge games with patches & DLC (no save files).

I have 56GB (28%) remaining. Unless you are a person that only plan to play a handful of games (literally) in the Switch's 7-year lifespan, or are a person that doesn't mind deleting installed games/DLC constantly, or are a person that doesn't mind continuously swapping microSD cards for different games (even though Nintendo recommends against it and that sorta defeats the purpose of a "mobile" digital-only library) ... I really don't see how an avid gamer can get away with only a 200GB card. The space some games & DLC take up (i.e. 50+GB) is rather insane!

I just bought a 400GB card to replace my 200GB one. If you can afford $99 for external storage, I would say just do it to future-proof yourself as much as possible..

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP.

Grabbed the 256 for $51 instead though, isn't going in the switch though just replacing a 128gb card. Have a 200gb in the Switch now, was very tempted on the 400gb... I'm sure it will go lower like miyamotorola said. (It better, or i'm going to hold him accountable)

There’s one guy in this thread that could have bought an entire extra console with the money he spent on storage.

In other news, an 8tb external on sale is like 120 bucks for everything else.....

Uh....you think Nintendo profits off of sandisk sd card sales? This isn't the vita.

Dunno what "scam" you are talking about.

Also, pretty sure that other post is not actually implying all that storage is for the switch. He is just stating he bought a lot of SD cards. Unless I am way off base and he has a TON of digital content.

bread's done
Back