* * - - - 5 votes

LBO Official Thread

LBO Steam PC

#1 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

Note: we got cheapyd’s permission before posting

Hey Cheapassgamers,

We are LBOstore.com. Our story starts with two guys frustrated they missed a recent flash sale on The Witcher 3, not willing to pay full price, not willing to buy from a gray market site, and not thrilled about waiting for the next sale.

This frustration led us to create LBOstore.com, a site with a revolutionary pricing model that allows consumers and publishers to negotiate a fair price for games 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Consumers get the games they want when they want them, and publishers never miss the chance to reach a customer!

For example, take a title like Cat Quest https://www.lbostore...me2.php?id=2695 Sure the list price on this title is $10.99, but feel free to offer less! You can still save an extra 10, 25, even 50%, just make us an offer! The price you see will be based on your offer, as well as what other users around the world have paid for the same title.

Our goal is to create a marketplace where you always get a fair price, and you never have to wait for a sale!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or constructive criticism you have! We'll always try to respond in a timely manner!

Thanks CAG, and we hope you enjoy the site!

-LBO Tream

#2 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3901 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

Did you run this by CheapyD first?

#3 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

On second thought, it is probably best if we promote a title with some guaranteed savings as well! How about Curve Digital's For the King for a guaranteed maximum price of $11.15, and savings of at least 44%!  

https://www.lbostore...me2.php?id=2721

We are located in Japan so it might be a while before we respond, but we always love to hear your thoughts and constructive criticisms. We realize we have a comparatively small library, and that we are the new guys here on CAG, so please bear with us as we attempt get our start in the industry! :) 

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the site! 

Best, 

LBO Team

#4 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13550 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

Just forewarning, you'll face stiff competition from the diehard Steam CAG's here and people like me who are anti-digital. Best of luck and remember that anyone criticizing you is taking the time to look, which is a small victory in itself.

#5 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8850 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

I prefer not to haggle unless it's trading. Good luck, but this is an interesting system to say the least. Not one i'm going to mess with though.

#6 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

Hey Jodou and nitrosmob, 

Even though the LBO system doesn't really appeal to you, we really appreciate you guys taking the time to give us your feedback. 

We're definitely not anti-physical Jodou, but the business model is easier to get off the ground with digital at first. Hopefully we can add some physical media once we get off the ground! :)

Thanks again to you both and best of luck finding the best deals out there! 

Cheers, 

-LBO Team

#7 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:11 PM

Interesting. Hoping you folks do well and get to add console games as a result.

#8 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4623 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

What an interesting idea. I'll definitely check you guys out next time I'm looking for a key from Kinguin and the like. 

#9 Ibacai  

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:18 PM

Definitely an interesting idea. Hopefully you can offer good deals while still being profitable. I’ll keep an eye on this.

#10 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2198 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

Nice. This is definitely missing from digital stores!

#11 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:16 AM

How about Moonlighter for PS4?  Been interested in that for a while.

I would usually want physical over digital, but roguelites are more digital friendly IMHO.

#12 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! 

For those who asked about console games, we're working on it! One of our main priorities is to get our keys exclusively from creators, which unfortunately for now means starting with PC games. The distribution process for console is a bit more complicated, but once we establish a foothold in the PC market, console games are our next priority. 

Also we want to take the opportunity to announce a new feature on the site..."The Hunt!"
https://www.lbostore...eaderboards.php

Each month we will be giving one lucky user the chance to get any game from our site for free! We will be choosing the winner of The Hunt by picking 1 of the users ranked in the LBO Top 10 leaderboard. You can raise your rank in the leaderboards by logging in, referring friends, making offers and buying games! The better your negotiating skills, the more points you earn! The more points the earn, the better your chances to win! We hope you enjoy this new feature, and keep your eyes out as we will be adding more ways to spend points in the coming weeks!

Thanks again for all the feedback, and please keep your questions and comments coming! We're always eager to get feedback whenever we can! 

Cheers, 

-LBO Team

#13 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

Hey Cheap Asses, 

We've got a spooooooky good deal on White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, save at least 70%.

https://www.lbostore...me2.php?id=2693

This is a new historic low on this title. Enjoy, and let us know if you have any questions or feedback for us! 

Cheers, 

-LBO Team

#14 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

Hey CAG, 

My name is Alex Childs and I am one of the founders and the CEO of LBO! 

One of the reasons we at LBO joined the CAG forums was because we wanted to reach out and get feedback on the site and concept, but also to get to know our current and potential users better.

One of the decisions we made early on was to not go gray market. We wanted all the keys sold on our site to be directly from creators. Out of curiosity, when most of you do your shopping, do you visit sites like G2A or Kinguin? Why or why not? How important is it to you that keys come from content creators? 

No judgement, just curious! Thanks guys and looking forward to hearing from you! 

-LBO Al

#15 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:28 AM

Hello CAG, 

Just wanted to detail a few new deals we have on LBO this week: 

Gal*Gun Double Peace at least 76% off, max price $9.49. 

Fight of Gods at least 50% off, max price $3.99

Also we have added three new titles this week Party Hard and Guts & Glory from tinyBuild and The King's Bird from Graffiti Games. While these titles appear to be full priced, remember you can name your price on every title on LBO. Tell us the price you think is fair and we'll see what we can do. The price you ultimately see will be based on what you and other users like you from around the world have offered. 

We can't always promise you the historic min, but we can promise you'll never have to pay full price, or have to wait for the next sale to get the game you want today! 

Cheers, 

-Alex 

#16 Batto47  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

Liking the storefront so far! Hope you continue to grow LBO!

#17 LBOfficial   Retailer Representative Retailer Representative   9 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

LBOfficial

Posted Today, 03:49 AM

Hey Batto47

Thanks so much! We're glad you like the storefront! As cheesy as it sounds if you like LBO it would be a huge help if you could tell your friends, the more folks we have on the site the easier it is to get bigger publishers to hear us out!

Also if you have any comments on how you think we can improve LBO please feel free to post here or send me a PM. We are always happy to hear how we can do better!

Cheers,

Alex