CAGcast #563: Cross-Play Surprise?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Forza Horizon 4, Fallout 76, Sony Cross-Play news, Telltale, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, and so much more!

Download (1 hr 24 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is sponsored by:

Mack Weldon!
For 20% off your first order go to mackweldon.com and enter promo code CAGCAST!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Beatles - Come Together (Vintage Culture Remix)
Outro - Karate Kid - Last Fight Scene
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to come back up Cheapy D on Cobrra Kai! First two episodes were ok thought they were cheesy almost stopped watching. The first episode fight was not done well... we watch a lot of shows and this ended up being one of the best this year! Wife and I watched all ten in one night! They get better as they go and super funny, lots of 80’s references. Went from a 5/10 to a 10/10. Get to see the karate kid movie from a different prospective very interested and you start rooting for Cobra Kia! Looking forward to the second season. Cheapy is right it really good you guys don’t miss out! I even bought a Cobra Kia T-Shirt for the gym. Hope you guys watch it and talk about it. Written very well.
Braehole

Had to come back up Cheapy D on Cobrra Kai! First two episodes were ok thought they were cheesy almost stopped watching. The first episode fight was not done well... we watch a lot of shows and this ended up being one of the best this year! Wife and I watched all ten in one night! They get better as they go and super funny, lots of 80’s references. Went from a 5/10 to a 10/10. Get to see the karate kid movie from a different prospective very interested and you start rooting for Cobra Kia! Looking forward to the second season. Cheapy is right it really good you guys don’t miss out! I even bought a Cobra Kia T-Shirt for the gym. Hope you guys watch it and talk about it. Written very well.
Braehole

It was nice having Shipwreck back this week. Who else was going to talk about golf games and owning 3 dreamcasts? I personally own two, a US launch edition that I got during the midnight release event at... I think it was still Babbages instead of Gamestop in my area back then, and an imported Japanese Sakura Taisen special edition. 

I also wanted to say that I think you guys have enough gags/memes (pretty sure the kids are calling everything memes these days) without sound effects cheapening everything... more. OTOH I know that Cheapy didn't graduate from Howard Stern when he graduated from college like I did, so I'm sure that he only brought up the idea this episode because he was already in the process of actualizing it.

Also Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a good game. Anybody who liked the first game (Shipwreck) should check it out even if they felt burned by VC2 (3 was good too, sadly stranded on the PSP though) and Valkyria Revolution (which didn't even happen). No doubt in my mind the price will drop/dive quickly though since that's Sega's thing these days.

Great show, it was nice to hear a retrospective on Telltale, although I was surprised it was negative. I was expecting a more gushy 'Remember the good games they made, how sad they're gone' bit, and instead was given The Truth: they didn't make that many great games. Your points rung true that they were repetitive, a bit bland, and relied too much on licenses. Thanks for being honest and straightforward instead of sappy. That's why I listen to the show.

Speaking of companies that make bland, buggy, repetitive games that over-rely on licenses, when the hell will Traveller's Tales (Tt) bite the dust?

Nobody wants to watch one episode of a show they're not going to be able to see. There's no way I'm subscribing to YouTube Red so why bother watching the Cobra Kai pilot?

Glad to see Shipwreck back this week, was a good and fun episode as usual. .  Cheapy, we need a shipwreck soundboard for use when he's not on the show.  

Cheapy, time to bust your chops, when was the last time you gave in and watched someone Wombat was begging you to?  :lol:

You doin' alright there Wombat?  Maybe you guys need to start earlier for him, these days he seems be ready to shut anyone and everything down towards the end of the show.  

Keep up the good work guys, you keep me sane during my commutes. 

Cobra Kai is great! Wombat, I can understand not wanting to spend money on it, but with as much shit tv as you sit through, treat yourself to an actual good show. Ship, if you remotely liked the first movie, you’ll like the series. It is very well done and my wife and I can’t wait for season 2. No excuses, though! Just found out there is a free trial of YouTube Premium. Get it, watch Cobrai Kai and cancel before the free month ends! Apparently, YouTube Premium is formerly known as YouTube Red. Check it out!

Let me say that I am a Nintendo fanboy. That makes it tough to listen to the Cagcast sometimes in regards to the news for the House of Mario.....but, I can honestly say that the Nintendo online service is not that great. I know, $20 is very cheap for a years subscription, but what is offered is not worth even $20 to me. I don’t play online and I have many other ways to play NES games. That said, they may get my money if a game comes along that I want to play online. Hasn’t happened yet, though.

Great show as usual, count me as a decade plus listener. Driving as much as I do, I need something more than fm radio and you guys provide a free alternative. Keep up the good work, I appreciate it greatly. Who knew there were so many Abrams around? I never heard my last name outside of South Carolina while growing up, but now there’s a famous Hollywood director and a big shot ping pong playing video game website/podcast entrepreneur in the NYC....I love it!

Let me say that I am a Nintendo fanboy. That makes it tough to listen to the Cagcast sometimes in regards to the news for the House of Mario.....but, I can honestly say that the Nintendo online service is not that great. I know, $20 is very cheap for a years subscription, but what is offered is not worth even $20 to me. I don’t play online and I have many other ways to play NES games. That said, they may get my money if a game comes along that I want to play online. Hasn’t happened yet, though.
This is the correct attitude. If the service doesn't offer something I WANT, then it being cheap is not a reason to buy it. Ninendo as usual gets a free pass from the masses. But the excuse that its cheap, and that's why it sucks is dumb. I use plenty of other services that are pretty cheap and excellent.

Xbox live is $60 MSRP (although who here actually pays that) and Switch online is 1/3 of that.

I'd say Xbox live gives me well more than 3X the value on Nintendo's service, easily.

I googled a way for cheapyd to gift YouTube red. YouTube red and google play music are linked if they are using the same email...so by gifting a google play subscribtion you can also get access to YouTube red.

" There is currently no way to do this from the YouTube interface.

Theoretically, one could purchase Google Play Music as a gift for another user (https://play.google.com/music/gift) and that user should get instant access to YouTube Red that way (provided the user is based in the U.S., as YouTube Red is currently only available in the U.S.).

Source info: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6305537 - "If you are a Google Play Music subscriber, you already have access to YouTube Red; just make sure that you’re signed into the same account on YouTube and Google Play. Note that both services must be available in your country for this to work."

"

Wombat and shipwreck are doing CAGcast listeners a disservice by not watching this cobra kai series. The spoiler cast that could be had on this series would be epic given wombat's film background and shipwreck's propensity to geek out on 80s references.

I watched the whole thing off of cheapyd's high recommendation and I'm glad I did because it's Soooooo good... it's one of the few series that actually gets better as it progresses...

Do us a solid and check it out, please guys. Cheapy, we need a spoliercast of cobra kai season 1 so I'm not opposed to you pestering your gracious co hosts a few more weeks til they watch it lol.

I think I watched the first episode of the kobra kai thing and it was OK.  The real problem is it's not on Netflix.  If it were, I probably would have watched it at some point.  Netflix = TV for me...  not youtube.

Cheapy! Which Halloween Overwatch skins are you in for? I want the Wrecking Ball and Mei pumpkin skins and Slasher 76.

Cobra Kai is a tough sell. “A YouTube series that requires a monthly fee and is better than Karate Kid” doesn’t exactly get me excited. The most positive part is “better than Karate Kid”, and that’s damning it with faint praise. But the killer is requiring YouTube red. That’s just not gonna happen for me.

Ship’s and Wombat’s chair setups sound so awful that it sounds like they googled “office chair setup” and did the exact opposite.

Forza 4 is pretty disappointing so far. It’s falling victim to the release schedule. Age old problems never get fixed (or get worse), and overall sameness. Seasons are the main new feature, and the online free roam/Forzathon Live is pretty shallow.

bread's done
Back