• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition $79.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: WWE 2K19 Deluxe Edition $89.99
  • :switch: Super Mario Party $59.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Battlefield 1 Revolution $19.99 Save $20
  • :switch: Fire Emblem Warriors $49.99 Save $10
  • Save $15 when you buy FIFA 19 and Madden NFL 19
Everything Else:

• Free $100 Best Buy Gift Card when you buy any Xbox One Console and a Samsung QLED TV
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Controller with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of any Xbox Gaming Headset
  • Free $10 Xbox Digital Gift Card with purchase of 3 Months of Xbox Live (Must redeem by 10/30)
  • Save $10 on 12-Months of PlayStation Plus with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Sicario: Day of the Soldado $19.99 Save $5
  • Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K $29.99
  • Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $32.99 Save $2
  • The First Purge $22.99 Save $2
  • The First Purge 4K $29.99
  • The First Purge 4K Only @ BB Steelbook $32.99 Save $2
  • Death Race: Beyond Anarchy $16.99
  • Step Brothers 4K $19.99 Save $3
  • Dragon Ball Super: Part Five $29.99
  • Vikings: Season Five Volume One $24.99 Save $2

Damn, without GCU anymore all these deals don't look that great anymore. Thanks for posting though but BB is starting to look like Fry's ads to me without it.

In for Sicario and Mega Man.

Ty, any iMac sales in the ad? Thanks very much.
No idea since there is no paper ad yet again. I guess they are "banking" these off weeks now so they can have them every week through out the holiday.

The only games I’m buying from Bestbuy are preorders I had prior to my GCU expiration. Only have RDR2 from two years ago during the Visa checkout deal coming my way for $37! And same for Days Gone early next year. Other than that it’s just Cyberpunk whenever that releases.

The only games I’m buying from Bestbuy are preorders I had prior to my GCU expiration. Only have RDR2 from two years ago during the Visa checkout deal coming my way for $37! And same for Days Gone early next year. Other than that it’s just Cyberpunk whenever that releases.
Speaking of that deal, the credit card I used to get RDR2 was replaced as a result of fraudulent charges. Is there any way to update payment?

I really want to support my local Best Buy so that it doesn't go out of business, but it's hard to do with "deals" like these.  Come on Best Buy.

How many more weeks do we have to endure you can bottom feeders coming in with your inane “without gcu Best Buy looks pathetic” bullshit? People have been caging it way before your dumbass rolled into the soccer mom friendly gcu and hand fed you deals. Us true cags remain and deal like seasoned pros. Back to slickdeals trolls.

How many more weeks do we have to endure you can bottom feeders coming in with your inane “without gcu Best Buy looks pathetic” bullshit? People have been caging it way before your dumbass rolled into the soccer mom friendly gcu and hand fed you deals. Us true cags remain and deal like seasoned pros. Back to slickdeals trolls.
Well, I do think it’s weird that there actually seems to be fewer deals than there were even while GCU was in effect. Guess they really must have been hurting in gaming.

Oh well, I’ll just be waiting for Black Friday for all but the games I really want. 😁

And luckily I did lock in AC Odyssey with GCU.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Us true cags" huh...

Been here for over 10 years, you've been here for 4.
Actually start threads and share deals, your last thread was last year.
Good on you for actually making post but I don't think your 1k+ post match up to my 6k+.
You talk about "bottom feeders" yet I've never seen you in any thread that isn't talking about eShop and PSN deals that you only talk about and not actual share any.

So sorry if you don't like the GCU is gone talk especially since so many people used it for years. You can crawl back to the eShop and PSN thread where I doubt you'll see much GCU talk to bother your soft head with.

"Us true cags" huh...

Been here for over 10 years, you've been here for 4.
Actually start threads and share deals, your last thread was last year.
Good on you for actually making post but I don't think your 1k+ post match up to my 6k+.
You talk about "bottom feeders" yet I've never seen you in any thread that isn't talking about eShop and PSN deals that you only talk about and not actual share any.

So sorry if you don't like the GCU is gone talk especially since so many people used it for years. You can crawl back to the eShop and PSN thread where I doubt you'll see much GCU talk to bother your soft head with.
Don’t mind him man. He calls others out for not being a true CAG but we all know a true CAG takes deals where ever they are.

If Best Buy wanted to spend the last 5 years making deals easy for us, a true CAG would say “yes and thank you! I’ll take that!”.

TL;DR: A deal is a deal and a true CAG knows that.

So I was one of the people who got my gcu and elite status nuked a while back.  Been to busy to care over the summer.

Randomly decided to check up on my Smash preorder.  The order still exists, but it no longer shows up in my account history.  In fact if I click the order status link from the original email it signs me out before pulling up the order.

I guess my concern is that I won't get the $10 bonus cert if it's not tied to my current mybestbuy account?  Anyone else in a similar spot?

All the best recent Best Buy deals have been the ones that just kind of show up on Sunday morning without notice.  Check back then and hopefully there will be more deal options.

All the best recent Best Buy deals have been the ones that just kind of show up on Sunday morning without notice. Check back then and hopefully there will be more deal options.
Those are their better deals. Their ad wasn't ever (imo) anything to lookout for but Sunday updates are. Their black Friday stuff should be good even without GCU as in years past.

Damn, without GCU anymore all these deals don't look that great anymore. Thanks for posting though but BB is starting to look like Fry's ads to me without it.
My GCU is up in about 36 days, I look forward to saving a lot of money by not buying games.

So I was one of the people who got my gcu and elite status nuked a while back. Been to busy to care over the summer.

Randomly decided to check up on my Smash preorder. The order still exists, but it no longer shows up in my account history. In fact if I click the order status link from the original email it signs me out before pulling up the order.

I guess my concern is that I won't get the $10 bonus cert if it's not tied to my current mybestbuy account? Anyone else in a similar spot?
Your current account is a new account. Your old account was cancelled, so your orders are almost like guest orders. You will not get the $10 preorder cert as it is associated with your canceled account.

Those are their better deals. Their ad wasn't ever (I'm) anything to lookout for but Sunday updates are. I'm hpsure their BF stuff should be good even without GCU as in years past.
Hoping for GOW, Vampyr and Detroit at $29.99 on Black Friday. Probably too much to hope for that Spider-Man gets that low but....maybe?

Hoping for GOW, Vampyr and Detroit at $29.99 on Black Friday. Probably too much to hope for that Spider-Man gets that low but....maybe?
Could be those prices. Vampyr I feel will be since it didn't do too greatly sales wise. Just coming from last year's BF, Horizon was $19 at Walmart (came out earlier 2017), usual Assassin's Creed was $30 - $35, Pokemon ORAS was $20 too. I'd say we have a good chance at those being $30/each somewhere. Spider-Man may be too.

No way, Spider-man will be $40 at the lowest, more likely $45 or $50. It’s Sony’s flagship title going into the holidays .. there are no other exclusives as far as I’m aware between now and BF. Best bet is to figure out a way to get gcu to stack with a sale price through a glitch or preBF sale

Been away for awhile (actually playing games instead of buying them)

So what's up with GCU?

I don't see anywhere to renew or my current status

I'm pretty sure I had until March 2019. 

But did they cancel the GCU discount for some future orders too, or why is everyone up in arms?

Have they announced or even hinted at another program?

No way, Spider-man will be $40 at the lowest, more likely $45 or $50. It’s Sony’s flagship title going into the holidays .. there are no other exclusives as far as I’m aware been now and BF. Best bet is to figure out a way to get gcu to stack with a sale price through a glitch or preBF sale
Sony doesn't set Black Friday prices, stores do. They may offer new items that have a specific MSRP (such as the Mario 3DS Black Friday bundles that were $100 MSRP) but nothing else. Spider Man is a flagship title but 2 months from now it'll be old, and old titles tend to be cheap on BF. Just looking at last years ads, the only games that were over $35 were new bundles like the Call of Duty dual packs. Meh, I'm still hopeful it'll be less than $40 just based on the last few black friday's with high profile games.

Been away for awhile (actually playing games instead of buying them)

So what's up with GCU?

I don't see anywhere to renew or my current status

I'm pretty sure I had until March 2019.

But did they cancel the GCU discount for some future orders too, or why is everyone up in arms?

Have they announced or even hinted at another program?
GCU was announced to be over in May of this year. It was short notice once the memo was leaked that showed it ended but when it was found out people tried to renew but most were blocked from doing so as it was already removed from registers / online.

You cannot renew since it is discontinued.

Once your membership runs out you cannot renew. So far it looks like all orders are being honored if you still have your membership. Several people have reported that their pre-orders have taken away the discount. I haven't experienced that but none of my pre-orders have come up since mine expired.

As far as we know, there is no other program. Once GCU ended, Amazon stopped their 20% program. Gamestop followed suit and cancelled their Elite Pro membership. General discounts on all items are all but over for the time being.

No way, Spider-man will be $40 at the lowest, more likely $45 or $50. It’s Sony’s flagship title going into the holidays .. there are no other exclusives as far as I’m aware been now and BF. Best bet is to figure out a way to get gcu to stack with a sale price through a glitch or preBF sale
I disagree, I think Spiderman would be the perfect $30 game that stores will flaunt in consumers faces to get them to shop at said store.

We’ll see soon.

I disagree, I think Spiderman would be the perfect $30 game that stores will flaunt in consumers faces to get them to shop at said store.

We’ll see soon.
I would guess God of War will be lower in price than Spider-man and it’s hard to see that going under $20, it will probably be $30. The past few Black Friday’s really haven’t been as generous as what we were seeing 5 or 6 years ago. I still think Spider-man at $30 is optimistic ... I’ll go $35 as my bet 😉

It's like I'm visiting the gravestone of someone I once thought fondly of.

$20 for BF1 Revolution is hardly an unprecedented deal. They really squeaked that one out of their buttcheeks. It's been $12 on the digital stores for months and months as well.

I would guess God of War will be lower in price than Spider-man and it’s hard to see that going under $20, it will probably be $30. The past few Black Friday’s really haven’t been as generous as what we were seeing 5 or 6 years ago. I still think Spider-man at $30 is optimistic ... I’ll go $35 as my bet
If COD, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Red dead redemption etc are all $30 on BF then Spidey is gonna get awful lonely sitting on those shelves!

Well, very slow for even the unadvertised Sunday sale titles.  Only one is Minecraft for the XB1?  Those Switch titles don't count since they have been on sale all week and many other weeks prior.  Really wish they would start putting some new Switch titles on sale instead of the same ones each week.

If COD, Assassins Creed, Fallout, Red dead redemption etc are all $30 on BF then Spidey is gonna get awful lonely sitting on those shelves!
The likelihood of any of those being $30 is pretty low. Especially Red Dead because it’s online portion will have just come out and Fallout is guaranteed to not be on sale at all since it launches that month. Maybe, MAYBE, COD at $40.

It’s good you have hope though.

Yeah, the chances are extremely low on Red Dead going on sale. Remember how long it took GTAV to drop in price?
GTAV came out September 2013 and that years BF it was $34 at Walmart. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2013/page-3#viewer

The next year when GTAV for the PS4 and XB1 came out there were almost no discounts, mainly b/c it released the week before BF and there were BF exclusive console bundles for them instead.

But Walmart did have them for $25/each as a doorbuster. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2014/page-3#viewer

GTAV came out September 2013 and that years BF it was $34 at Walmart. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2013/page-3#viewer

The next year when GTAV for the PS4 and XB1 came out there were almost no discounts, mainly b/c it released the week before BF and there were BF exclusive console bundles for them instead.

But Walmart did have them for $25/each as a doorbuster. https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/2014/page-3#viewer
I miss BF sales in 2011-2014

I will bet you $100 that none of those will be $30 on BF .. maybe if one is selling really poorly, but again ... minimum of $35 for those.

Tangent - For COD, I’m really hoping that midwestern store that no one has ever heard of has BO4 for $30 during launch week 😆

The fact stores like target and walmart already have christmas stuff on the shelves, makes me wonder if we will get black friday ads sooner this year. 

Assassin’s Creed always goes on sale for $34.99 on BF. I would expect Spider-man to drop to $40. It’s not like they are having issues selling the game.

I am hoping for sub $20 on games released last fall, I haven’t picked up yet such as AC: Origins and Evil Within 2.

The fact stores like target and walmart already have christmas stuff on the shelves, makes me wonder if we will get black friday ads sooner this year.
That's pretty normal these days. They had Halloween stuff out in August at some places.

Hey does anyone know about that gcu expiring coupon? Mine ends oct13th and I still can't find it in my emails.. would love to preorder RDR with it. Think I should call CS or something?

bread's done
Back