So...did anyone else show up to E3 this year, or was only nintendo invited?

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
i havent heard hardly anything from e3 that isnt nintendo related. what did everyone else do? the only real things ive heard of is halo 2 got a date set, and the psp exists, but ive heard no buzz about any psp games, and thats prolly a bad thing.

so what else happened?

I guess not. I was hoping for a new KI, and to see some more new games. Besides Zelda, it seemed everything was already announced.

e3 was kinda lame. the nintendo press conference ruled and the nintendo ds is really really cool, however the rest of the booths were kinda dumb. sony's booth was rather tame and the psp wasnt very interesting to me. also microsofts booth was horrid. fable looked terrible. and M$ press kit was a buisness card with a web site on it, as nintendo's was a really nice over the shoulder bag and some nice printed materials. overal nintendo was the reason to be there.
oh and for bignick E3 is the biggest industry trade show where the media and industry get to play the new games

Hey don't forget the Phantom. They just announced a released date and some pricing info. Nov. 18, 2004 mark your calendars.

[quote name='dcfox']Hey don't forget the Phantom. They just announced a released date and some pricing info. Nov. 18, 2004 mark your calendars.[/quote]

apextream is where its at. download ames to play? lame.

If Phantom news doesn't tickle your fancy there's always N-Gage news. They announced a few new games e3. One that actually looks interesting is Pocket Kingdom by Sega.

:shock: My friend came over today saying that "Halo 2 is delayed to next year because it wasnt playable" I almost gave up on that game. Im friggin tired of waiting.

[quote name='punqsux']i heard one of the ms guys had a tattoo that said "halo 2 Nov 9th"[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that on G4's E3 recap. I dunno, I didn't see anything else that blew everyone away after Nintendo showed Zelda and the DS. Halo 2 was kinda like been there, done that last show and I don't think there was anything else from them (though Conker: Live and Reloaded looked nice as hell). I was truly disappointed by SquareEnix though, I was hoping for some new KH2 news and I got none, other than it isn't coming out this year and most likely will get bumped on the sched for FF12.

[quote name='Starky27'][quote name='punqsux']i heard one of the ms guys had a tattoo that said "halo 2 Nov 9th"[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that on G4's E3 recap. I dunno, I didn't see anything else that blew everyone away after Nintendo showed Zelda and the DS. Halo 2 was kinda like been there, done that last show and I don't think there was anything else from them (though Conker: Live and Reloaded looked nice as hell). I was truly disappointed by SquareEnix though, I was hoping for some new KH2 news and I got none, other than it isn't coming out this year and most likely will get bumped on the sched for FF12.[/quote]

new ratchet & clank online >>>>> new conker

maybe if conker would have come out a year or 2 ago it would make more of an impact. im all for not releasing sub par games, but rare makes some crap now anyways.

[quote name='thealternakid']oh and for bignick E3 is the biggest industry trade show where the media and industry get to play the new games[/quote]

so that explains all the new games slated to come out! Thanks.

[quote name='b3b0p']Please tell me there was something about Mother 1+2 (A.K.A. Earthbound)? Maybe even a Mother for GCN?[/quote]

I think I am just gonna import Mother 1 +2 as its pretty cheap and NOA dropped the ball by not releasing this game domestically(or even giving word they are)

Nintendo made up for last years E3 where their biggest news was connectivity and their most hyped game was Pac Man vs. About time they made some noise in the industry.

Although Nintendo certainly made a showing, I disagree that they "decimated" this year's E3. Just because that's all you've read about so far doesn't mean that's all that happened. Gamespot has all console makers' press conferences. If you want more information, you should check them out. :)

I personally think Xbox "decimated" *L*. (Then again I'm not interested in handhelds. *L*) I guess it all depends what you're interested in. *shrug*

No. Nintendo obviously took it.. they came and had stuff to show.

Microsoft showed up with a bunch of really interesting tidbits, and stuff that could be good... but not much in the way of concrete stuff.

Had sony actually had the PSP up and running on actual software instead of just little unsophisticated demos, that would have cut into Nintendo's thunder.

Everyone had a bunch of great stuff, but you'd be a fool to say Nintendo didn't have the best showing...
especially since this was the company everyone was talking down going into E3, and the internet "journalists" keep hinting that they should go third party.

With Nintendo showing all the stuff they did at E3, I'm wondering if they will host a Spaceworld this August. If there's a possibility of them showcasing Mario 128, I'm all for it.

I don't know what you're talking about. The only thing interesting from Nintendo is Zelda. (No, I don't consider the DS interesting *shrug*) If I'm missing something, plz enlighten me. *s*

IMO, Nintendo didn't have the best showing... and no I'm not a fool. For me E3 was all about EA on XBL (that was HUGE for me), XNA tech demos, Halo 2 multiplayer demo and official release date, Forza, XBL video chat, XBL dowloadable games, etc etc. Altogether, that spells "KABOOM" in my book.

I imagine the ppl who think Nintendo make the best showing don't own an Xbox, in which case it's understandable that you wouldn't care about the Xbox stuff. ;-) Again, to each his own. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm a fool.

Microsoft had the Halo 2 demo, Sony had the PSP, and Nintendo had the DS.

Looks like everyone was invited, to me.

Yeah the Halo2 Multiplayer demo was definitely awesome. Being able to wield two guns at once, or even the "energy sword" coupled with the uppercut ability look great.

The wait is a lot longer than we're used to expecting, but I'd rather have a cum-guzzlingly awesome game a year later than a slapped-ass, fill-my-cashbox sequel because of pressure from the public to conform to others' game schedules.

I usually don't believe da hype (because I'm a Public Enemy fan), but I must admit that I'm all caught up in it like a dolphin in a tuna net. I haven't stopped to consider that this is one of the most hyped games ever, meaning (like you said) there's a chance it won't live up to its hype.

Alls I gotta say is if Halo 2 doesn't make my eggs over-easy (don't break the yolk) through a simple voice command on the Communicator.. I'm gonna be PISSED!!! :wink:

Ya me too. They delayed it too long, that just hurts them in the end. It cant be that much better in October then it was going to be last year.

Just because there weren't any huge surprises doesn't mean nothing happened at E3. For the record, Microsoft definitely had the best booth and the best lineup this year. Forza, Mechassault 2, Fable, Conker's, Unreal Championship 2, Doom 3, Halo 2, on and on.

Oh, and yes, I did play Halo 2. :). I was able to play it behind closed doors.

Being media definitely has its perks. 1.5 hour long DS wait, what? I didn't have to wait in line at all. I went in not just once, not twice, but three times :lol:

Oh, and to those who don't think Halo 2 can live up to the hype, oh boy it does. Amazing. Definitely game of the show. It would take a colossal collapse for Halo 2 not to be one of the best games not just on the Xbox, but in this generation.

Sony interested me least...NO SURPRISES. Zip, zilch, nada. They also had the most boring press confrence. I liked what they showed, but it was nothing spectacular.

MS... i can understand the hype with EA and Live...but i simply dont care. I have a feeling we might be paying to have those games, and with sega sports and everthing else coming out, i could care less. Conker, Fable, Halo 2...weve seen these over how many months and how many tradeshows?

Nintendo, strong showing with a few more mature games, including the first true showing of Prime 2. The DS surprised everyone by not sucking, and the Zelda clip basically smacked everyone in the face.

and btw, i own an Xbox, GC, and have access to a PS2.

...and i want Matrix Online, no matter how much of a let down that was as a Segaton announcement

bread's done
Back