- - - - -

Best Buy DOTD: Select Activision games 50% off, Crash N. Sane Trilogy - $19.99 (ALL systems)

#1 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12808 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:38 AM

Best Buy's DOTD today features select Activision games at 50% off.  The highlight is Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for $19.99 for all systems including Switch ($15.99 if you have GCU).

Switch:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6219578

PS4:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6252374

XB1:

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6219579

Select Call of Duty and Overwatch games are also on sale, but are at prices similar to what we have seen in the past.

Full list of sale titles here:

https://www.bestbuy....save-activision

#2 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:25 AM

So in regards to Crash...what's the best way to play it?  On the go on the Switch?  X-enhanced on the X1X?  Or original-type controller on the PS4?  Any thoughts?

#3 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:41 AM

Hype, good deal with GCU on switch

#4 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=bCteF4zvd2c

In terms of graphics & frame rate, etc it goes XB1X>PS4 Pro>PS4>XB1>Switch

I’d been patiently waiting for the Xbox version to drop (have an X). Yesterday I was playing a free rental of the game on PS4 and was loving it. I was loving it so much that it was making me think unclearly. I very nearly went out and paid $30 to get it and that’s way over my normal limit. To have gotten it for $15+tax (gcu-$1 store pickup) makes me so happy, and only had to hold out for one extra day

#5 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6515 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

So in regards to Crash...what's the best way to play it?  On the go on the Switch?  X-enhanced on the X1X?  Or original-type controller on the PS4?  Any thoughts?

I got it on the Switch b/c it feels better as a portable game imo.

#6 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1349 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

I say the switch because of the option of portability.  

#7 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3244 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

Aw yiss, I've been waiting forever for this.

I see the PS4 has two versions; one says it has the three bonus levels included. Is it actually on disc?

#8 notung   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

I see the PS4 has two versions; one says it has the three bonus levels included. Is it actually on disc?

Looks like the newer "version" contains 2 bonus levels, according to the cover; the description states, "download with no additional charge on the PlayStation store." Is this DLC included with the original version, despite there being no indication on the cover?

#9 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   624 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

Great thanks.  I have recently started to want Crash Trilogy for Switch and saw it was $30 and was going to wait to Black Friday to see if it dropped to $20, but now that it's $20 today I'll snag it.

#10 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:35 PM

Great thanks. I have recently started to want Crash Trilogy for Switch and saw it was $30 and was going to wait to Black Friday to see if it dropped to $20, but now that it's $20 today I'll snag it.

I’ve seen the future and it’s going to be $10 on Black Friday.

#11 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

Can I buy it now and pm it on Black Friday and use my certs and gcu?????!!!!!!!!!??!??!?!?!!?????!

#12 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1466 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

Nice picked up Crash on the switch for the kids. With Gamer and RZ paid $1.08

#13 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:10 PM

Can I buy it now and pm it on Black Friday and use my certs and gcu?????!!!!!!!!!??!??!?!?!!?????!

Best Buy doesn’t price match Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday. If history repeats itself GCU will be disabled for Black Friday items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#14 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3738 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

I bet they'll repeat this price on Columbus day.

#15 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Thanks a lot, OP.  I'm actually going to be travelling today and tomorrow, so I could pick this up in-store for an additional $1 off.  $16.04 total!

Bring on the 90s/PSX nostalgia!

#16 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1142 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Anyone else have issue checking out from Best Buy site? Tried desktop and mobile version and checkout page does not load. About to use a different browser

#17 DrBayrd  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

All 3 crash games are flippable to GameStop today, IF you have gcu and elite pro.

#18 sandrshe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

sandrshe

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

All 3 crash games are flippable to GameStop today, IF you have gcu and elite pro

Can you flip one of each system versions without getting banned?

#19 DrBayrd  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

Can you flip one of each system versions without getting banned?

Technically yes. But I would not take all 3 games to trade in to one store. I would make at least 2 trips.
Gcu limit is 3/yr.
Gamestop trade limit is 4/ 30 days.

#20 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Looks like the newer "version" contains 2 bonus levels, according to the cover; the description states, "download with no additional charge on the PlayStation store." Is this DLC included with the original version, despite there being no indication on the cover?

There are two SKUs, the one with the "2 bonus levels included" banner on the cover is the more recent second print run.  The bonus levels are included on disc for this newer version.  The older SKU without the banner still has free access to these bonus levels, but through online patch only, not on disc.

Also, to anyone wondering, COD: Modern Warfare Remastered's single player campaign is complete on disc, despite the alarming "Requires Internet" disclaimer on the cover.  It is highly advised to patch to a more recent version if you're going for the platinum, however, as there is a pretty sweet glitch introduced in an update that makes the Veteran difficulty trophies much easier (you only have to beat the very last checkpoint of each level on Veteran using the glitch... still no joke since you'll have to do things like the ferris wheel extraction legit, but for instance Mile High Club's strict time limit can be bypassed).

#21 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=bCteF4zvd2c

In terms of graphics & frame rate, etc it goes XB1X>PS4 Pro>PS4>XB1>Switch

I’d been patiently waiting for the Xbox version to drop (have an X). Yesterday I was playing a free rental of the game on PS4 and was loving it. I was loving it so much that it was making me think unclearly. I very nearly went out and paid $30 to get it and that’s way over my normal limit. To have gotten it for $15+tax (gcu-$1 store pickup) makes me so happy, and only had to hold out for one extra day

I hope you like 30fps, because you left out the only way to do better: "But the console builds are still pegged to 30fps - one of the only real disappointments we had with this remaster - and that's where the PC version can make a difference."

https://www.eurogame...rilogy-face-off.

#22 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1087 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

I hope you like 30fps, because you left out the only way to do better: "But the console builds are still pegged to 30fps - one of the only real disappointments we had with this remaster - and that's where the PC version can make a difference."

https://www.eurogame...rilogy-face-off.

Irrelevant. PC is not on sale

#23 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

There are two SKUs, the one with the "2 bonus levels included" banner on the cover is the more recent second print run.  The bonus levels are included on disc for this newer version.  The older SKU without the banner still has free access to these bonus levels, but through online patch only, not on disc.

Also, to anyone wondering, COD: Modern Warfare Remastered's single player campaign is complete on disc, despite the alarming "Requires Internet" disclaimer on the cover.  It is highly advised to patch to a more recent version if you're going for the platinum, however, as there is a pretty sweet glitch introduced in an update that makes the Veteran difficulty trophies much easier (you only have to beat the very last checkpoint of each level on Veteran using the glitch... still no joke since you'll have to do things like the ferris wheel extraction legit, but for instance Mile High Club's strict time limit can be bypassed).

God, i remember doing the Mile High Club trophy on 360. it was probably the hardest trophy/achievement i've ever done. it took me hours just to be able to make it to the hostage standoff. luckily, i was able to make the shot the first time when i finally did make it there. the ferris wheel extraction was really hard as well but still fun for the most part.

#24 Hiiipowerswag66642069  

Hiiipowerswag66642069

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:58 PM

Hey does anyone know about that gcu expiring coupon? Mine ends oct13th and I still can't find it in my emails.. would love to preorder RDR with it. Think I should call CS or something?

#25 adam81  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

I did MW Veteran legit on 360 and PS4. If someone has to cheat to beat it on Veteran whats the point? I felt the remastered version was easier anyway. 

#26 oldgoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

All 3 crash games are flippable to GameStop today, IF you have gcu and elite pro.

You're talking about making a profit of maybe $5 on each game and that's in Gamestop credit.  Hardly seems worth it but maybe I just don't get the "art" of flipping.

#27 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

You're talking about making a profit of maybe $5 on each game and that's in Gamestop credit. Hardly seems worth it but maybe I just don't get the "art" of flipping.

It's not much, but it's decent for a credit mover. I had $100 in BB gift cards, and some GameStop-exclusives preorders coming up, so I used this.

#28 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:57 PM

Don't forget -$1 if you switch from mailed delivery to pick up. Got my copy for $14.99 with that assist!

#29 DrBayrd  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:35 AM

You're talking about making a profit of maybe $5 on each game .

To each his own. I’m keeping the Switch version and trading the xbox and ps4 versions.
Btw, you don’t get it bc it’s a small $8 flip/game maxed out with gcu and elite.
With Black Friday in the near future, I don’t mind some extra GS credit.

#30 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:12 AM

Flip a couple copies and get eShop credit to get Diablo 3 digital for Switch at a good discount 👍🏼