- - - - -

Best Buy DOTD: Select Activision games 50% off, Crash N. Sane Trilogy - $19.99 (ALL systems)

#31 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6727 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:52 AM

I did MW Veteran legit on 360 and PS4. If someone has to cheat to beat it on Veteran whats the point? I felt the remastered version was easier anyway.

I beat it legit on 360 I’d do the glitch on PS4 tho

#32 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2925 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:01 AM

You're talking about making a profit of maybe $5 on each game and that's in Gamestop credit. Hardly seems worth it but maybe I just don't get the "art" of flipping.

The art of flipping is knowing that GameStop sells more than games. They sell gift cards including to a bunch of different food places, or if you don’t do chain food place they have Netflix/Hulu gift cards. Paid of a few months thanks to this flip.

#33 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:10 AM

also, the Xbox One version of Crash trades in for $25.31 on Amazon

#34 oldgoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:17 AM

To each his own. I’m keeping the Switch version and trading the xbox and ps4 versions.
Btw, you don’t get it bc it’s a small $8 flip/game maxed out with gcu and elite.
With Black Friday in the near future, I don’t mind some extra GS credit.

Apologies, my account wasn't signed in so I didn't see the Elite Pro trade in of $24 - I was reading the $22.  Unless sales tax doesn't exist where you are I guess you don't get it either, less than $7/game profit.  Factor in travel, time, etc. and it just seems like a wash to me.  I'd rather not risk being blocked from trade in's or lose my remaining GCU but I suppose if you know the rules well enough you should be in the clear.  But hey, to each their own.  I just think flipping for a couple dollars here and there doesn't seem worth it, but that's probably more because I work retail and see sketchy things all the time.

#35 dschroll  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:36 AM

also, the Xbox One version of Crash trades in for $25.31 on Amazon

Thank you!  Just ordered 2 copies from BB with GCU and in store pick up discount, and traded into Amazon.  Easy way to get a $50 amazon gift card for $32.  

#36 dschroll  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:46 AM

I also had purchased the Switch version of Crash when it was $29.99.  Used GCU and in store pick up and got it down to $24 after tax.  Chatted with BB today to price match and they issued me a refund of $10, which brought the final price down to $14 for me.  And that still came with the free copy of Destiny 2 for PS4. 

#37 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9958 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

The art of flipping is knowing that GameStop sells more than games. They sell gift cards including to a bunch of different food places, or if you don’t do chain food place they have Netflix/Hulu gift cards. Paid of a few months thanks to this flip.

That's good to know that trade in credit can be used for restaurant gift cards. It seems like more and more places aren't allowing that anymore like Target and Best Buy both changing polices to no longer allow gift cards to buy other gift cards within the last few months.

#38 toasterMekong  

toasterMekong

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:14 AM

thanks had a really fun time at Olive Garden tonight ZgpTHBx.jpg

#39 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6503 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

Apologies, my account wasn't signed in so I didn't see the Elite Pro trade in of $24 - I was reading the $22.  Unless sales tax doesn't exist where you are I guess you don't get it either, less than $7/game profit.  Factor in travel, time, etc. and it just seems like a wash to me.  I'd rather not risk being blocked from trade in's or lose my remaining GCU but I suppose if you know the rules well enough you should be in the clear.  But hey, to each their own.  I just think flipping for a couple dollars here and there doesn't seem worth it, but that's probably more because I work retail and see sketchy things all the time.

A few dollars here and there is how I've gotten almost all my consoles with Gamestop trades. After the cost of trades (buying the games to trade in) I paid $180 for my PS4 Pro, $100 for a XB1, $160 for my Switch, etc. etc. 

A few dollars really depends on what's a few to you. Those with GCU can get this for $16 - $17 (w/ tax and $1 pickup savings). Trade in for $24 (w/ Elite Pro) and make $7 - $8 per trade profit. If you buy your items at Gamestop w/ all trade credit it doesn't charge tax too so add another $20+ in savers (on newer consoles).

You talk about time but I only flip (when it comes to trades anyways) when I'm already going out. Say for this deal on Crash. I'd buy it now (takes 2 minutes to buy) and just go and pick it up the next time I'm out which is pretty much every day. Seeing as some people make $7/hour, I'd gladly take 10 - 20 minutes out of my day to make $7+ per item. You can buy 3 of the same item per console per year at BB so buy 9 copies of Crash for $144~ and make $216. That's $72 profit towards whatever for maybe 30 minutes of your time.

The art of flipping is knowing how to maximize your time and profits.

EDIT: Since someone will mention it, yes Gamestop does have a trade limit. 3 is the max I trade in in a 30 day period. My store doesn't mind me trading in 3 of the same game at once. Others may have to go to other stores to do that which adds more time. YMMV on that.

#40 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1632 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

I was able to price match my previous purchase of Crash from last month where I also got Destiny 2 for free.

#41 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:41 AM

Wow, Crash was already delivered today, barely a day later.

#42 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2483 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

I "blind" purchased a copy of BLOPS 3, basically just to play the zombie chronicles mode since it's included now. I'm not a typical COD player and don't have much interest in the main story/campaign, but I'm hoping the zombie stuff is fun since I've heard so much about it over the years.