- - - - -

Edge, GamesTM, Retro Gamer, PC Gamer 24% Off Subscriptions 1 day Only

#31 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6337 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:08 AM

Games TM and GamesMaster are folding. For those of you with an active subscription, can you update us on what happens? I'd guess that you'll be getting Edge as a replacement.
https://mobile.twitt...254491418562560

Damn. Sad to hear about Games TM. Great presentation, although the news in it is already stale by the time it comes out. But still one of my favorite game mags of all time.

#32 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

Games TM and GamesMaster are folding. For those of you with an active subscription, can you update us on what happens? I'd guess that you'll be getting Edge as a replacement.
https://mobile.twitt...254491418562560

Very bummed about the loss of GamesTM, but that was a horrible and scummy move by the part of Future, who obviously knew they were folding and tried to get last-minute money in for subscriptions that they knew they wouldn't have to honor.

#33 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6868 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:10 AM

Very bummed about the loss of GamesTM, but that was a horrible and scummy move by the part of Future, who obviously knew they were folding and tried to get last-minute money in for subscriptions that they knew they wouldn't have to honor.

Yeah, since having to deal with Future much more since they bought out Imagine, it has not been a fun ride at all. Like others have said, getting any new mags that cover current gaming is often a waste. As by the time the issue has arrived, the information is already at least 30 days old. Retro Gamer, the only mag I get from Future, is mostly retro, so most of the content is new in relation to current gaming events. So I'm hoping that mag doesn't suffer a similar fate, but only time will tell I guess?

#34 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

Yeah, since having to deal with Future much more since they bought out Imagine, it has not been a fun ride at all. Like others have said, getting any new mags that cover current gaming is often a waste. As by the time the issue has arrived, the information is already at least 30 days old. Retro Gamer, the only mag I get from Future, is mostly retro, so most of the content is new in relation to current gaming events. So I'm hoping that mag doesn't suffer a similar fate, but only time will tell I guess?

Yeah, and with a FIFTEEN dollar cover price, I never pick it up at Barnes and Noble, even with membership/coupons.

I did pick one up yesterday for 5 bucks at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, so at least that was something.