Target Ad 10/7/18-10/13/18 Black Ops IV Potentially Only $42

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Target actually has a couple decent deals this week! I like Tyrok's formatting, so I'm ripping it off from him. Sorry!

Available Tuesday: 

WWE 2K19 $59.99

-While supplies last, receive a free "select" WWE Funko Pop (a $8.99 value) when you buy 2K19.

Available Friday:

Activision Presents The Call of Duty: Black Ops IV- No One Cares About Single Player Campaigns; Oh, What's Up Spider-Man. $59.99

- While supplies last, receive a free dumb toy valued at $19.99 which you can return for $14.99. Add in the 5% Red Card discount if you have such a thing and you got Blops 4 for $42+ tax. Unless the discount gets prorated too? But it's still cheaper than GCU so there's that.

UPDATE: Combined with Red Card, the game shows a "Paid for Value" of $42.75 and the figure shows a "Paid for Value" of $14.24 on the receipt. 

The Rest:

PS4 1TB Slim $299.99

-Free year of Playstation + (a $59.99 value) with purchase. 

Madden 19 $39.99

No Man's Sky (Xbone) $39.99

The Crew 2 $34.99

Shinobi Striker $49.99

Ni No Kuni II $19.99

Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2 (Switch) $29.99

That's it. TTFN.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a stretch ... you would have to return the figure without a receipt. Most CSRs / managers will be smart enough to connect the fact that it’s a limited promo item that has Black Ops written all over it the same week the game came out. And for a lost receipt you almost always need manager approval. So no ... probably not going to be $42 ... by that logic, every game that comes with a free bonus should be discounted if you return it ... just saying man, the thread title is reaching

You absolutely WOULD NOT have to return without a receipt. Target prorates their bundle offers- hence you'd get $15 for the $20 figure and not $20 for it.

Thanks for trying to be helpful though!

Available Friday:
Activision Presents The Call of Duty: Black Ops IV- No One Cares About Single Player Campaigns; Oh, What's Up Spider-Man. $59.99
aad.png

When target deals are better than BB deals....

deciding to pull the trigger on ni no kuni II or wait until BF for a potentially Lower price ($15)

jfc, the receipt doesnt say “free toy.”
Again, Target prorates bundle deals. The receipt will say something like the game cost $45 and the figure cost $15.

This isnt new news. It’s no different than when Target does it’s buy one get one free on games and you can return one of the games so that you only pay half price for the other.

There is nothing illegal or sketchy about this. You’re allowed to return things at Target that were part of a bundle deal. It’s right in their return policy faq. Feel free to google it.

jfc, the receipt doesnt say “free toy.”
Again, Target prorates bundle deals. The receipt will say something like the game cost $45 and the figure cost $15.

This isnt new news. It’s no different than when Target does it’s buy one get one free on games and you can return one of the games so that you only pay half price for the other.

There is nothing illegal or sketchy about this. You’re allowed to return things at Target that were part of a bundle deal. It’s right in their return policy faq. Feel free to google it.
Hmm, pretty sure the receipt will say, "Free toy, no take-backsies. CAGers not allowed!"

Target actually has a couple decent deals this week! I like Tyrok's formatting, so I'm ripping it off from him. Sorry!

Available Tuesday:
WWE 2K19 $59.99
-While supplies last, receive a free "select" WWE Funko Pop (a $8.99 value) when you buy 2K19.

Available Friday:
- While supplies last, receive a free dumb toy valued at $19.99 which you can return for $14.99. Add in the 5% Red Card discount if you have such a thing and you got Blops 4 for $42+ tax. Unless the discount gets prorated too? But it's still cheaper than GCU so there's that.

The Rest:

PS4 1TB Slim $299.99
-Free year of Playstation + (a $59.99 value) with purchase.

Madden 19 $39.99

No Man's Sky (Xbone) $39.99

The Crew 2 $34.99

Shinobi Striker $49.99

Ni No Kuni II $19.99

Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2 (Switch) $29.99

That's it. TTFN.
Let’s keep the shit commentary about games out of the OP and in subsequent comments after like always.

ordered Ni No Kuni online for instore pick up and it was the Premium Edition, YMMV
Mine was vanilla. Doesn't seem like there's a way to check this given it's not on brickseek and my fake GPSing doesn't show any stock via app (probably because they merged it in store).

I'm stupidly buying BLOPS 4 just to play their battle royale mode, as I personally thought Blackout was fantastic when they did the beta. I'm getting the disc for effectively $35.88 from Best Buy, so it's practically like buying PUBG, and I can trade in the disc when I feel like I've played enough (or if they release Blackout mode separately, I'll probably just buy that instead and trade in the disc).

Word from analysts is that the game is going to be huge this year due to Blackout. I can see tons of people at least buying the game on PS4, since Sony still doens't have PUBG.

I'm stupidly buying BLOPS 4 just to play their battle royale mode, as I personally thought Blackout was fantastic when they did the beta. I'm getting the disc for effectively $35.88 from Best Buy, so it's practically like buying PUBG, and I can trade in the disc when I feel like I've played enough (or if they release Blackout mode separately, I'll probably just buy that instead and trade in the disc).

Word from analysts is that the game is going to be huge this year due to Blackout. I can see tons of people at least buying the game on PS4, since Sony still doens't have PUBG.
This is always fun: can you explain your math, please?

It's very clearly going to be a "GCU and $10 preorder cert" situation. Why the need to ask?
$48 GCU, less $10 cert from previous game, less $10 cert from this game. That's basically free money! So $28 plus tax for every preorder on the $10 cert with preorder program.

That's how it works, right?

$48 GCU, less $10 cert from previous game, less $10 cert from this game. That's basically free money! So $28 plus tax for every preorder on the $10 cert with preorder program.

Basically. It's CAG math, but yeah. Obviously your example double dips the pre-order discount with the next title and that's how some people see it.

This is always fun: can you explain your math, please?
It's very clearly going to be a "GCU and $10 preorder cert" situation. Why the need to ask?
Basically. It's CAG math, but yeah. Obviously your example double dips the pre-order discount with the next title and that's how some people see it.
Yes indeed it’s CAG/Best Buy math at work. Still have GCU so $48 + Michigan sale tax - $5 reward cert I had - $10 reward cert I’ll get for preordering. I preordered the last day before that $5 certificate was going to expire (from vacuum cleaner purchase) and I’ll find a use for the $10 preorder cert. I also think I’m close enough in points for another $5 cert coming my way, which I didn’t even account for. Obviously this wasn’t out of pocket cost, but it sort of works out in the end.

Yes indeed it’s CAG/Best Buy math at work. Still have GCU so $48 + Michigan sale tax - $5 reward cert I had - $10 reward cert I’ll get for preordering. I preordered the last day before that $5 certificate was going to expire (from vacuum cleaner purchase) and I’ll find a use for the $10 preorder cert. I also think I’m close enough in points for another $5 cert coming my way, which I didn’t even account for. Obviously this wasn’t out of pocket cost, but it sort of works out in the end.
Rock on. Totally was not being a dick. I do weird justifications in my head too. I view CAG like gambling: just try to come out ahead at the end of it all, lol.

No because you're adding both precert and post cert. Did you already include the previous cert with the last transaction? Will you remember to not include the new cert in your next one? Seems like you're double dipping. The true total cost, assuming you use the cert, is $38 with GCU for each and every game.

Does anyone know how the PS4 console + Playstation+ will appear on the receipt?  Really don't care about PS+ and I'd want to return it if possible.  I know they will reduce the value somehow. Just want to know how it's split.

TIA

No because you're adding both precert and post cert. Did you already include the previous cert with the last transaction? Will you remember to not include the new cert in your next one? Seems like you're double dipping. The true total cost, assuming you use the cert, is $38 with GCU for each and every game.
Sorry, I should have used yellow italics font. ;)

Does anyone know how the PS4 console + Playstation+ will appear on the receipt? Really don't care about PS+ and I'd want to return it if possible. I know they will reduce the value somehow. Just want to know how it's split.

TIA
It takes $10 off ps+ and $50 off console.

Does anyone know how the PS4 console + Playstation+ will appear on the receipt? Really don't care about PS+ and I'd want to return it if possible. I know they will reduce the value somehow. Just want to know how it's split.

TIA
I'd wait a month before buying a PS4. This is a sucker promotion to try and rack up a few more sales before the real deals start popping up. $199 on BF is a sure bet and probably with a game or 2 bundled.

It takes $10 off ps+ and $50 off console.
Thank you!

I'd wait a month before buying a PS4. This is a sucker promotion to try and rack up a few more sales before the real deals start popping up. $199 on BF is a sure bet and probably with a game or 2 bundled.
Agreed but I'm tired of waiting. I have a $30 off $100 coupon that does not exclude gaming hardware. With that and RedCard discount It should be around $234 tot w tax. Not a smoking deal but not terrible and no BF crowds to deal with. Coupon expires before BF anyway so I wouldn't be able to use it with that.

I'm a tremendous jackass and managed to lose/discard my receipt at work. Guess I'll see what a receiptless action figure return gets me ...

How do you check to see if it’s available at a Target near you?
I am not sure if you can. The sku on the receipt is 207340189

When I went there I looked in the locked case it was there stacked with the others.

The weird thing is it seems to be such a niche game chances are pretty good it is just sitting there.

Premium doesn’t include the season pass, does it? Just the steelbook and some other DLC?
It says it includes

steelbook

papercraft kit

soundtrack selection cd

and exclusive dlc Special sword set and dragons tooth sword

bread's done
Back