* * * - - 7 votes

12 Month Xbox Live Gold (Digital Code) for $27.55

Xbox Live Gold Xbox Live Xbox One Xbox 360

#31 stuntman21   You're friendly CAG CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:22 AM

people are saying ms is banning people for doing the vpn trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally just searched "Microsoft banning people for using VPN" and set it to a week and found nothing lol.

#32 BadWaluigi  

BadWaluigi

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

Or just get it for $30 in a month.

#33 Jurai  

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Microsoft in the past has banned accounts for using these on the grounds that the codes were stolen, which doesn't make a ton of sense when you consider the codes require activating but hey

#34 tamali  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Or just get it for $30 in a month.

Last time they had it for $30 was like 2~3 years ago. I remember during Black Friday, it was available on sale for $40 and PS+ for $30.

#35 Viper51989   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Viper51989

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:41 PM

Excellent post OP. Super easy to redeem and took no more than 5 minutes. I would probably do more than 1 but I really can't justify it for more than the one or two online Xbox games I play. 

#36 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12713 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

I'll just stick to using Microsoft Rewards for free years.

#37 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1856 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Cheapest price I've ever seen.

You haven't lived long enough then. lol

#38 DarthPwner  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:36 PM

Really good deal. Thanks, OP. Was faster when I used the iOS app to get the VPN trial via NordicVPN. Was less than 5 minutes easily.

#39 thevoiceover   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

thevoiceover

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

So when you guys get to the redeem page, does it say your email and United States ( for those in the states ) or your email and Brasil. I am on VPN, in Brasil and as previous people state it shows my current country, not brasil, will these still take as long as I am vpnd?

#40 DarthPwner  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:01 AM

So when you guys get to the redeem page, does it say your email and United States ( for those in the states ) or your email and Brasil. I am on VPN, in Brasil and as previous people state it shows my current country, not brasil, will these still take as long as I am vpnd?

I stayed looged into the VPN after verifying I was located in Brazil. Opened up safari on my iPhone and opened a Private tab. I logged into my Xbox Live acct and redeemed the code, and all was well. Canceled the trial for VPN and uninstalled the app from my phone and was on my merry way.

The issue you're having seems like you didn't open a private tab on your browser. If you don't do that part, it will still show you as being in the US. Do that THEN verify you're in Brazil. Then you're good to go on to the xbox live site.

#41 tamali  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

Did you check if you are connected to Brazil VPN by checking www.whatismyipaddress.com ?

Also, I would suggest deleting all cookies/cache or using private tab.

#42 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2806 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:21 PM

Excellent post OP. Super easy to redeem and took no more than 5 minutes. I would probably do more than 1 but I really can't justify it for more than the one or two online Xbox games I play. 

Super easy, barely an inconvenience?

#43 Viper51989   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   344 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Viper51989

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:03 PM

Yes, it was barely an inconvenience. I guess if your time is so valuable that you're making $25 for 5 minutes of work (ignoring the fact that most people cant get paid for more than 40 hrs per week) then sure, don't bother with this. But if that's you, then why are you on cheapassgamer to begin with?

#44 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

I know I've gone through this before, but I'm getting stuck with the same error this guy is.

Following the OP, after I click "resgatar codigo" it leads the redeem page in English with US selected at the bottom. Even after changing that, it still shows "(United States)" after my email address. I've tried several different browsers on my PC and phone, private/secret/incognito tabs, checking whatismyipaddress says Sao Paulo, but I still keep getting a region lock error. I also tried from my xbox and changing the region in the settings.

I remember going through this before and finally got it to work, but I'm hitting a wall here. I pay for TorGuard and tried TunnelBear. Again, cleared cache and cookies for multiple browsers on phone and PC, used private tabs... I swear I got this to work last year...

#45 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

I'm surprised more people haven't taken advantage of this. I've gotten 3 years free by doing the daily search to get points. Just a few minutes a day.

I just started in August and I already have over 29,000 points as well.

Pretty much free XBL and Game Pass if you do it everyday.

I'll just stick to using Microsoft Rewards for free years.

Agreed for over the past year, I’ve done this. Free Xbox live and GamePass, takes about 10-15 minutes per day. I’ll never understand why more people don’t take advantage of it. I hope they bring back the Live sale for 21k points. I “purchased” 3 years with that. I’ve actuall thought about using a second account to get free Xbox credit as well but it seems like a hassle swapping accounts.

#46 ratedRblazin  

ratedRblazin

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:59 PM

I'm surprised more people haven't taken advantage of this. I've gotten 3 years free by doing the daily search to get points. Just a few minutes a day.

People are just lazy. I try telling people on SlickDeals about the Microsoft Rewards program and get downvoted to oblivion. Most people, even on this thread say $25 is the cheapest they have ever seen, but with Microsoft rewards, Xbox Live and Game Pass is literally free. Understandably this method might not suffice if your subscription just ran out, but it doesn't take much time to gather enough points. WE will never pay for Live again!!

#47 LordKensington   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

LordKensington

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:43 AM

When my Gold account expired last February, I didn't immediately reactivate it. Two days later, MS sent me an email offering an annual subscription for $40.

So letting it go for a few days after it expires is my new default policy with Microsoft, just in case they come through with a decent offer just to get me back.

On the other hand, my PS+ expired in August, and not only haven't they offered, I haven't seen any good deals anywhere. Sony don't give af.

#48 thevoiceover   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

thevoiceover

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:34 AM

I stayed looged into the VPN after verifying I was located in Brazil. Opened up safari on my iPhone and opened a Private tab. I logged into my Xbox Live acct and redeemed the code, and all was well. Canceled the trial for VPN and uninstalled the app from my phone and was on my merry way.

The issue you're having seems like you didn't open a private tab on your browser. If you don't do that part, it will still show you as being in the US. Do that THEN verify you're in Brazil. Then you're good to go on to the xbox live site.

I do open a private window (tried Firefox focus on mobile) then private and incognito on chrome/firefox and I get the same results.,   When I click on redeem ( in Portuguese ) it switches me over to the account login for Microsoft in the states.   It says code will be redeemed on my account (united states)..    Is this a normal part of the procedure.  I did have 2 step auth setup, but have tried this on my kids account and mine, both have same issue. For the record, these accounts have windows and office associated to them as I used to be an engineer for those guys (doubt this is the problem)  I tried the bear vpn and windscribe btw..  Any other ideas?  Well my ambien has kicked in, may have to finish this tomorrow.

#49 tamali  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:32 PM

People are just lazy. I try telling people on SlickDeals about the Microsoft Rewards program and get downvoted to oblivion. Most people, even on this thread say $25 is the cheapest they have ever seen, but with Microsoft rewards, Xbox Live and Game Pass is literally free. Understandably this method might not suffice if your subscription just ran out, but it doesn't take much time to gather enough points. WE will never pay for Live again!!

A lot of users prefer google search to Bing including me. 

I believe google search index is way better than Bing.

#50 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 11:25 PM

I need to find a deal on PS+ like this.

#51 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

A lot of users prefer google search to Bing including me. 

I believe google search index is way better than Bing.

I use google as my main search engine. But still use bing just to earn my daily points. On mobile, I use Chrome regularly but use the edge browser for my points and on ipad(desktop) I just goto bing’s site and click on the news feeds.

#52 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

I use google as my main search engine. But still use bing just to earn my daily points. On mobile, I use Chrome regularly but use the edge browser for my points and on ipad(desktop) I just goto bing’s site and click on the news feeds.

I like Bing for a lot things, picture searches are better, the organization of the landing page with news stories etc is nicer, but when I need like a deeper dive search that returns better prganized results I definitley go to Google.

Bing is good for day to day Bs searches, Google when you need a little more and deeper and then there are other specialized apps/searches out there for specific thing s

#53 BalekFekete   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

BalekFekete

Posted 21 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

Worked flawlessly using the instructions in the OP.  Didn't even need to create a pay account on TunnelBear which was a nice surprise.  Download, connect to Brazil, log into xbox, buy code, redeem code. Was done in 5 minutes flat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Live, Xbox One, Xbox 360